Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 43 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

On 10/21/2018 at 1:58 PM, hannibal smith said:

The season we got relegated he played up front, he was ok in a struggling team full of youngsters. 

Very good in the air and scored a lot of headers, his link up play and ability to hold the ball up not so good. That was season 13/14 though.

I think there should be a place for Callum Paterson in the squad.  He's playing at a good level and can play in a number of positions, which is always useful to have on the bench.  He has experience of playing in two of our problem positions; right-back and up-front.  Personally, I'd have him at right-back if we aren't going to put one of our left-back there.  I wouldn't start him up-front as we have better options.

From a Scotland point of view, I think the big problem he has is that Cardiff use him more as a midfielder, and usually on the right.  He is not good enough for Scotland in this position.  Forrest, Snodgrass, Ritchie and Phillips are all better than Paterson is this role.  

Ross McCormack not being in the squad the last 5 to 6 years has been absolutely criminal. Probably not playing at a high enough level now, but when he was bang in form in the Championship he should have been starting for Scotland never mind not even making the squad!

28 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Ross McCormack not being in the squad the last 5 to 6 years has been absolutely criminal. Probably not playing at a high enough level now, but when he was bang in form in the Championship he should have been starting for Scotland never mind not even making the squad!

His attitude is criminal.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

His attitude is criminal.

Says one manager in the last 6 years...He never had any issue at any  other club he was at in the last 6 years. He was also captain whilst at Leeds. If his attitude was really that bad he would never have been made a captain. Him and Bruce didn't see eye to eye long before he pulled the electric fence story out the bag. There was no questions about his attitude before Bruce 

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Says one manager in the last 6 years...He never had any issue at any  other club he was at in the last 6 years. He was also captain whilst at Leeds. If his attitude was really that bad he would never have been made a captain. Him and Bruce didn't see eye to eye long before he pulled the electric fence story out the bag. There was no questions about his attitude before Bruce 

Several Scotland managers haven't called him up.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Several Scotland managers haven't called him up.

Don't even really get what your point is with that comment. Is that due to ability or attitude? As one of the leading goalscorers in the English Championship for the past 6 years I think he proved his ability. And as I said his attitude has only ever been questioned by one manager someone who he just didn't get on  with. Ipersonally can't understand why he was never given more games for Scotland which is the point I was making in the first place as it can't have been based on ability or attitude.

4 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Good to see Cochrane back starting for Hearts last night.

Played very well by all accounts.

Hope he gets more call-up at national level. Seems like he's not had as much involvement as he should although I know there's been an injury and Levein withdrew him one point didn't he because amount of games?

As a Hearts fan it was a surprise to me that he started in the Rangers academy.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

And he is not an out-and-out centre forward, more second striker. We haven't played 4-4-2 for some time now.

Not an out and out centre forward.... But scored the second most amount of goals in the championship since 2012! Jeez for a national team that is crying out for goals we have a bad habit of leaving out players who actually score goals for 'proper centre forwards'