Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 42 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

14 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Watched it. Was only involved in giving the ball away, misjudging balls played to him and fouling the opposition. Disappointed! 

This is his first run of games in proper senior football though. Maybe just lost a bit of confidence and got frustrated. 

But Burke scored a double for West Brom u23s and Elliott Watt scored for Wolves u23s tonight.............. that’s about as good as it gets the now!🙈

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He can't even get into the West Bromwich team, they will have no interest in him

It's not completely unknown for a player struggling at a team to move to a better team and do well. 

I don't think Burke will be moving to Spurs any time soon but the talent is there, and I'm sure teams will be interested if they think they can get him cheap and then get the best out of him. 

25 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It's not completely unknown for a player struggling at a team to move to a better team and do well. 

I don't think Burke will be moving to Spurs any time soon but the talent is there, and I'm sure teams will be interested if they think they can get him cheap and then get the best out of him. 

I might be deluded but at some point it'll click. I know we've seen talent wasted before but there's enough there to suggest it won't happen this time. 

14 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I might be deluded but at some point it'll click. I know we've seen talent wasted before but there's enough there to suggest it won't happen this time. 

Interesting interview with Darren Moore re Burke.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-west-broms-plan-finally-15304213

20 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

He's started up front in a few games just recently.  Maybe he's the star striker we're yearning for?

Has to be on the bench at least as a player we can go to in the final stages. Wins everything in the air and clearly has an eye for goal. 

West Brom didn’t score today, hopefully will mean they’ll turn to Burke in the next few games. 

Interesting to read Moore’s thoughts on Burke. They’re obviously not giving up on him and see him as a player with lots of talent. Looks like he doesn’t have a natural understanding of the game instead of an attitude issue. Hopefully he’s fully on board with the clubs plan. 

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Looks like Cooper had another stinker for Leeds. 

Not according to who scored, but what's new there. Did he bully you at school or something?

Again according  to Who scored your pal Armstrong did the some total of nothing in his  time on the park today

51 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

He's started up front in a few games just recently.  Maybe he's the star striker we're yearning for?

Think this is just his second game up front MOM according  to who scored and has played  al over the park now after looking shit  in his first two gams as a right back for Cardiff . Wonder if Hearts missed out on a few quid by playing him in the  wrong position

Dont know what Archer has done at Millwall. From one of the best defencive records last season to one of the worst this season since he got dropped.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

So why couldn't we have invoked the 5 day rule or whatever it's called?

We could have done but it’s rarely used. NI only used it because Lafferty didn’t follow the correct protocol in withdrawing. 

Let’s not forget that Fraser actually reported for international duty and was sent home by the Scotland medical staff. It would be a bit of a dick move to insist he didn’t play for Bournemouth this weekend if he has recovered. 

I have always found it a bit strange that the rule exists but is hardly used. If it was used as a matter of course then we would definitely have far less call offs. 

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not according to who scored, but what's new there. Did he bully you at school or something?

Again according  to Who scored your pal Armstrong did the some total of nothing in his  time on the park today

Think this is just his second game up front MOM according  to who scored and has played  al over the park now after looking shit  in his first two gams as a right back for Cardiff . Wonder if Hearts missed out on a few quid by playing him in the  wrong position

Dont know what Archer has done at Millwall. From one of the best defencive records last season to one of the worst this season since he got dropped.

He played up front fir hearts on a fairly regular basis.  When I suggested that he considered for that role for Scotland on here I was laughed at.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:40 PM, Ormond said:

Says he picked it up on Scotland duty.

Probably fakeing it as he doesn't want to show up for another two humpings 😂

8 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Has to be on the bench at least as a player we can go to in the final stages. Wins everything in the air and clearly has an eye for goal. 

West Brom didn’t score today, hopefully will mean they’ll turn to Burke in the next few games. 

Interesting to read Moore’s thoughts on Burke. They’re obviously not giving up on him and see him as a player with lots of talent. Looks like he doesn’t have a natural understanding of the game instead of an attitude issue. Hopefully he’s fully on board with the clubs plan. 

How the fuck can he not understand the Game, it's no difficult

16 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Cooper was indeed his usual solidly poor self yesterday. He’s an abortion of a defender.

38 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'd completely forgotten that.  Is that where he started off?  Was he any good?

The season we got relegated he played up front, he was ok in a struggling team full of youngsters. 

Very good in the air and scored a lot of headers, his link up play and ability to hold the ball up not so good. That was season 13/14 though.