Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 37 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

51 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Jack Hendry had a good first half in the Europa league. An unfairly criticised player. He’s a late developer in the sense he’s not played much first team football, but i’m fairly sure a couple of seasons from now he’ll be a top defender. 

The more I see of hendry the more I don’t think he is good enough.  I’d happily be proved wrong if does develop to be a top defender but for now he isn’t good enough to play for Scotland.

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s not good enough now, but he will be. I’m glad Lustig isn’t Scottish.

Yeah I hope so...  I know some here think I like to bash Celtic players and I’m not a Celtic fan, but I just don’t see it yet.  Btw, I said the same about Souttar and he is playing a blinder now, but was mak8ng lots of mistakes last season.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Yeah I hope so...  I know some here think I like to bash Celtic players and I’m not a Celtic fan, but I just don’t see it yet.  Btw, I said the same about Souttar and he is playing a blinder now, but was mak8ng lots of mistakes last season.

Games like tonight will be invaluable for Hendry. Hopefully he  soaks it in and learns. His, height, pace and technique are all very good, he just needs to get street wise. 

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

The more I see of hendry the more I don’t think he is good enough.  I’d happily be proved wrong if does develop to be a top defender but for now he isn’t good enough to play for Scotland.

Hendry should be nowhere near the squad.

He make big mistakes in just about every game he plays in.

Don't want to over criticise a youngster but I hope Hendry is aware that he has a long, long way to go. Competent in the ball but his reading of the game was awful last night.

Gordon was OK first half, McGregor ok in small doses, was Griffiths playing? Thought Salzburg targeted Tierney when going forward. Forrest was ok for the last 19 minutes of the match

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hendry should be nowhere near the squad.

He make big mistakes in just about every game he plays in.

I actually kind of feel bad for the lad. He really does try hard but he is so far out of his depth at Celtic it's almost cringeworthy.

Of course it's inevitable that they'll buy another centre half in January to replace him. 

Not good enough for international football either. Michael Devlin should have been called up in Hendry's place.

The problem for Hendry was his move to Celtic came to quickly after coming back up to Scotland. I think he has the potential to be a class centre half but he needed more game time and experience before he was ready for the step up to Celtic. I don't think it is helping him either that other Tierney the rest of the defenders Celtic have are either past it, don't want to be there or constantly injured.

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Agree he is pretty awful, he does that scary shit Ambrose used to do, thinking he's a footballer and running up the pitch with the ball aimlessly.

14 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Baffles me why Rodgers picks Lustig. Terrible player 

Yep well past his best

8 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Rangers one last night is shorter, McGregor good with what he had to do, Middleton changed the game when he came on. 🙂 Halliday was Halliday, cheerleader supreme.

Are you being serious or is this a joke? Middleton came on in the 95th minute so hardly changed the game.