Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Bitter.... very bitter.  I have absolutely no problem with a Scotland fan that sings gstq,or wants the home championship bought back.  And no.... I’m not a rangers fan and don’t mind Celtic players in the team if they are good enough.

Tory boy alert.

6 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

McTominay played the full 90 minutes and ended up centre back in back 4 apparently. Obviously not a great day but don't know the extent McTominay was to blame.

Certainly an inauspicious result for his defensive debut, we'll need to see if he gets more opportunities in the position... 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To me such a move smacked of Mourinho desperation. He is fast running out of ideas, inspiration, motivation and control at United. I am not sure how McTominay did in the role but I would not be too quick to judge him. 

No big mistakes from him, but looked positionally suspect at times.  

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

No big mistakes from him, but looked positionally suspect at times.  

watched the highlights on MOTD so only commenting on those small snapshots but didnt look comfortable in that role and that's to be expected playing in a role he's never played in a formation the team rarely plays with players are shot of confidence 

Hopefully he gets some more opportunities in centre mid where he's better suited  

Bundesliga 2 and Segunda in Spain not as same level as championship from matches I've seen.

Main positive is both are doing well, regulars in teams in the automatic spots so hopefully this time next year Bates will be a starter in Bundesliga and Jack will be a starting striker in La Liga. Liam Henderson also one to watch as he's been playing well in Serie B so hopefully will be in Seria A next season.

7 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Bundesliga 2 and Segunda in Spain not as same level as championship from matches I've seen.

Main positive is both are doing well, regulars in teams in the automatic spots so hopefully this time next year Bates will be a starter in Bundesliga and Jack will be a starting striker in La Liga. Liam Henderson also one to watch as he's been playing well in Serie B so hopefully will be in Seria A next season.

Our future striking options is looking slightly better now with both mcburnie and Harper doing well. Hopefully Hornby can go out on loan then we could have a decent chance of one of them making it at a high level. Griffith's still has at least 4 or 5 years left in him as well.

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Another clean sheet for Bates at Hamburg and a 7.4  rating with who scored.com

Starting to think the league is of pretty poor quality though as the overall ratings seem quite high which usually suggests that.

Must be poor quality if that cunt is being rated.

18 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To me such a move smacked of Mourinho desperation. He is fast running out of ideas, inspiration, motivation and control at United. I am not sure how McTominay did in the role but I would not be too quick to judge him. 

I think Mourinho is doing what he likes and is hoping to be sacked. IMO he's decided he wants out but won't resign. Incidentally he seems to hold McTominay in high regard and spoke highly of him after the game.

Ryan Gauld came on as a sub for Farense for the last 24 minutes yesterday when they were leading 1-0 in a cup match. They ran out 3-0 winners with two goals in the last 15 minutes. Gauld never scored and details are sparse but I would like to think his presence made a difference. 

By the way Jack Harper's goal was a cracking diving header. 

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Callum Patterson got 90 minutes today against Burnley and though I didn't see the game he got an 8.1 rating on who scored which is pretty high (Fraser is the only Scotsman with a higher one this season I think.)

Any one see the game?

There was a cracking stat floating around on Twitter that he won more aerial duals than he completed passes.

18 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Watched a bit of that Hamburg-St Pauli game.

I'd fancy Killie/Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen/Celtic to beat both, maybe even Rangers.

55 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

There was a cracking stat floating around on Twitter that he won more aerial duals than he completed passes.

Wouldn't surprise me, any time I switched over during the Ryder Cup adverts it was either out of play or getting punted from the back. Utter dross.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:46 PM, Toepoke said:

Certainly an inauspicious result for his defensive debut, we'll need to see if he gets more opportunities in the position...

Went looking on man utd forums.. seems most were just confused as to why on earth McTominay was playing there at all since there were other options available.

In terms of performance:
"he was caught napping a bit on the first goal but after that he didn't really put a foot wrong."
"I actually think McTominay played alright he wasn't really at fault on the first goal"
"He did his job bringing the ball out nicely and defended fine for most of the game but putting him in that position is madness and he's been used as a political tool by Mourinho"

Couldn't find anyone slating him aside from the odd "he's sh*t" kinda of comments you get about every player from at least a few on every football forum ever.

so seems McTominay did ok, despite the result.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Watched a bit of that Hamburg-St Pauli game.

I'd fancy Killie/Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen/Celtic to beat both, maybe even Rangers.

Maybe even Rangers? 😂

You mean the team that’s still in Europe and will finish above every team you’ve listed except Celtic?

I agree that Hamburg are not that good and the standard of the second tier in Germany is pretty poor in general. Bates wouldn’t be starting regularly if it wasn’t. 

14 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Especially as Rangers turned over Kilmarnock recently so definitely Rangers then.

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Maybe even Rangers? 😂

You mean the team that’s still in Europe and will finish above every team you’ve listed except Celtic?

I agree that Hamburg are not that good and the standard of the second tier in Germany is pretty poor in general. Bates wouldn’t be starting regularly if it wasn’t. 

Lovely stuff, didn't think it'd get one to take the bait, never mind two!

Re: Bates..
21 year old scottish centerback playing 90 minutes every game in the german 2nd tier.
5 clean sheets in 6 league games.
Likely to be a regular in the bundesliga next season.

I for one am glad that we've got a young guy out, playing, seemingly doing well regardless of the quality he's up against and with the potential to be tested at a much higher level than he would if he'd stayed on Ranger's bench.

Well done Bates. Keep it up.

Edited by andyD
sp