Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

36 minutes ago, scotlad said:

You'd hope one or more of Hornby, McBurnie or Shaw will make the grade. 

The dearth of young goalkeepers coming through worries me. If no one emerges in the next couple of years we could find ourselves with a decent midfield and defence but with a haddie in goal. A genuine, bone fide, flapping, flailing, punchline-to-a-Jimmy Greaves-quip, haddie. 

Jordan archer will probably be our keeper in the future. Wether that's a good or bad thing I don't know, not seen much of him. He is doing ok in the championship from what I hear. Hopefully mccrorie of rangers turns into a good keeper.

27 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Jordan archer will probably be our keeper in the future. Wether that's a good or bad thing I don't know, not seen much of him. He is doing ok in the championship from what I hear. Hopefully mccrorie of rangers turns into a good keeper.

I think McRorie will be straight after McGregor. That said, I do like the look of Ryan Fulton and don’t understand why he doesn’t play for  Hamilton. 

Thought you all would like this: I entered a Fantasy EPL team through work down here and chose an all Scottish midfield, plus Robbo in defense, just to wind up the English lads. The even bigger wind up is that I'm top of the league after 5 gameweeks hahaha! Also, my team is actually in the top 5% of Fantasy Premier League teams worldwide right now. Cheers Fraser and Robbo! Absolutely loving it. Things ain't as bad as we think.

PS: Fingers crossed for a start for Armstrong this evening.

33 minutes ago, simonmk said:

Armstrong injured? Not on the bench for Southampton tonight.

i looked at their starting 11 and bench and i think he is going to have a struggle on his hands getting much game time - would be interested to know if hes injured or just out of the picture

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I honestly don't think I've ever seen Archer have a good game - he seems very 'accident prone' .  Then again, he's been playing first team football consistently for some time now so he must be doing something right.  I still don't think he or some of the other younger keepers around at the moment (Scott Bain, Zander Clark) are of the same calibre as Gordon or McGregor, guys they could end up replacing.

5 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think McRorie will be straight after McGregor. That said, I do like the look of Ryan Fulton and don’t understand why he doesn’t play for  Hamilton. 

Is McRorie getting a game anywhere at the moment?  Fulton is a funny one.  He played a good few games out on loan at a decent level in England but he's barely had a look in at Hamilton.

16 hours ago, scotlad said:

I honestly don't think I've ever seen Archer have a good game - he seems very 'accident prone' .  Then again, he's been playing first team football consistently for some time now so he must be doing something right.  I still don't think he or some of the other younger keepers around at the moment (Scott Bain, Zander Clark) are of the same calibre as Gordon or McGregor, guys they could end up replacing.

Honestly do not think he was as bad in Peru as people make out (1st goal that resulted in the penalty, yes.... 2nd I would put down to people going to sleep in the box, rather than directly at him), as people seem to base him on that and one really bad day with Millwall at Sunderland earlier this year.

He has been Millwalls player of the year in recent seasons, and they have sent their second choice keeper to AFC Wimbledon this season on loan (where he has actually been playing pretty well).

I do not think he is the best keeper we have at the minute, but happy for him to get the occasional friendly, then review in a year or two based on the McGregor and Gordon situation.

Edited by wanderer

35 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Honestly do not think he was as bad in Peru as people make out (1st goal that resulted in the penalty, yes.... 2nd I would put down to people going to sleep in the box, rather than directly at him), as people seem to base him on that and one really bad day with Millwall at Sunderland earlier this year.

He has been Millwalls player of the year in recent seasons, and they have sent their second choice keeper to AFC Wimbledon this season on loan (where he has actually been playing pretty well).

I do not think he is the best keeper we have at the minute, but happy for him to get the occasional friendly, then review in a year or two based on the McGregor and Gordon situation.

The Millwall fans I spoke to at the Den on Saturday thought he was shite.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cracking team goal and assist for SOD for Killie's first goal on Saturday.

You mean he’s not shite and was only called up because we have nobody else at right back as some have said? Fancy that. 

I know you probably don’t want to hear this but I don’t think he’ll be at Killie much longer if he keeps up his current form. 

38 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You mean he’s not shite and was only called up because we have nobody else at right back as some have said? Fancy that. 

I know you probably don’t want to hear this but I don’t think he’ll be at Killie much longer if he keeps up his current form. 

He's in talks with the club over a new deal so hopefully we get him signed up. He's under contract until 2020 anyway. 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:11 PM, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Interview with Karamoko Dembele. Seems relatively grounded with comments like ‘I’m not there yet’. But Touzani tells him at the end that he’s going to be a Balon D’Or winner...I hope he does but let him prove it first! 

What a smashin wee fella........regardless of who he ends up playing for.