Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

4 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Phillips pulled out of a competitive game and 4 nights later scores and gets man of the match for his club

Whoopeedoo. Any reason why you haven't mentioned Ryan Fraser as well. Pulled out of the Albania match and five days later scores two goals and is man of the match. I don't know what you are trying to prove but give it up eh?

6 hours ago, hawickta said:

Was speaking to Matt Phillips' Grandad in Central Station on Monday before the Albania game, apparently he was getting an injection on his ankle during the week.

Whether that was enough to keep him out the Scotland games is up to you, suppose it comes down to his priorities.

Exactly the point

We don't figure that high up on his priorities

19 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Naisy now stick on for us with griffiths on the bench

I would play them both.

Don't like Naismith on his own up front, has been so much more effective playing a bit deeper for Hearts this season and linking up with Uche and McLean

8 goals and 3 assists in 9 games, he is the main reason Hearts have got off to a flier this season. 

1 minute ago, hannibal smith said:

I would play them both.

Don't like Naismith on his own up front, has been so much more effective playing a bit deeper for Hearts this season and linking up with Uche and McLean

8 goals and 3 assists in 9 games, he is the main reason Hearts have got off to a flier this season. 

No doubt

And he's the main reason Scotland won

Some turnaround

Just now, bookerman said:

Found a link to it on reddit soccer streams 10 minuite to go but he just went off, there 3-0 up.

Game over so looking for fresh pair of legs I would say. He's getting a nice little run of matches now. Malaga maintaining their 100% record in the league as well so more games sure to follow for him.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Game over so looking for fresh pair of legs I would say. He's getting a nice little run of matches now. Malaga maintaining their 100% record in the league as well so more games sure to follow for him.

Aye just great to see him invold and playing regular and contribution at a decent level.

Shows a good mindset he has as he could have just falling away after the Brighton chapter put him  back a couple of years.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Whoopeedoo. Any reason why you haven't mentioned Ryan Fraser as well. Pulled out of the Albania match and five days later scores two goals and is man of the match. I don't know what you are trying to prove but give it up eh?

He's got questions to answer as well

What was up with him Monday night

29 minutes ago, Bino's said:

He's got questions to answer as well

What was up with him Monday night

Eh.... He was injured just like the other players you are lambasting. You do realise that professional footballers get injured and miss games don't you? And just because they do does not mean they should be harangued out of the national team. 

32 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Eh.... He was injured just like the other players you are lambasting. You do realise that professional footballers get injured and miss games don't you? And just because they do does not mean they should be harangued out of the national team. 

What was his injury

58 minutes ago, Bino's said:

A slight knock which you can recover from in a few days should not keep you out of a competitive international

Behave. If you aren't fit you shouldn't play. 

I've had injuries where I've struggled to walk on the Saturday night after a match but been okay for Wednesday. It doesn't take much to keep a player out of a match. 

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Behave. If you aren't fit you shouldn't play. 

I've had injuries where I've struggled to walk on the Saturday night after a match but been okay for Wednesday. It doesn't take much to keep a player out of a match. 

Nah sorry

If it was against Italy he would have played

I agree it's disappointing to see players running around fresh just 3-4 days after a Scotland game. Ryan Fraser another who played Belgium game, then got injured or something and was great for Bournemouth today.

I think a problem here is the negativity around Scotland nowadays.

If you go back 5-6 years ago Wales had a similar problem. Would call up a squad and within a few days 5-6 players would pull out...before playing for their clubs the following weekend.

Suddenly they qualify for euro 2016 and no one is pulling out of squads anymore unless they have a really bad injury. Norn Iron is probably the same.

Scotland make euro 2020 and watch the injury pull outs magically lessen. It's human nature to want to be part of something successful. I do think currently a few of the players do think Scotland needs them more than they need it. Hopefully that mentality will change soon.

18 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

I agree it's disappointing to see players running around fresh just 3-4 days after a Scotland game. Ryan Fraser another who played Belgium game, then got injured or something and was great for Bournemouth today.

I think a problem here is the negativity around Scotland nowadays.

If you go back 5-6 years ago Wales had a similar problem. Would call up a squad and within a few days 5-6 players would pull out...before playing for their clubs the following weekend.

Suddenly they qualify for euro 2016 and no one is pulling out of squads anymore unless they have a really bad injury. Norn Iron is probably the same.

Scotland make euro 2020 and watch the injury pull outs magically lessen. It's human nature to want to be part of something successful. I do think currently a few of the players do think Scotland needs them more than they need it. Hopefully that mentality will change soon.

Ryan Giggs 75 caps

He should have had 140