Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

5 hours ago, bookerman said:

Think if he plays for our under 17's in a offical qualifying game that him tied to us, Unless he make the one time switch to england after, not sure of FIFA rules on switching countrys.

I could be wrong but until he players for any of the 3 countries in a full international, he can keep switching.

He'll need to make a decision at some point but for now he look like a boy taking the chance to play as much football as he can. 

15 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He was born in the ivory coast, moved to London, then moved to Govan aged 8, so he qualifies for us and IC (five years schooling)

If he was schooled in Scotland for 5 years he can play for us or the country of his birth, i dont think he can play for England .

The 'Home Nations' have a 5 year schooling rule.ie anyone who went to school in that home nation can play for that country although they are technically British and can play for any home nation.

I think the SFA brought this in for Andy Driver, remember him.... 

Although England heve been looking to break that for their advantage recently

Out of interest has anyone seen him play or seen any substantial highlights (not show reels) other than the highlights that hit the national press a few years ago. 

Do we know if he has true potential or is he being hyped up, i havent seen anything of him other then the clips that came out when his name burst on the scene a few years ago, so its a genuine question.

I noticed he started the game on the bench at the weekend which i thought interesting. Not on his quality or ability but on the SFA stance that they arent given him everything some managers or countries would make him an automatic first pick and captain to try and sway him choosing them 

For me at this point in time his brother at Peterborough is an interesting opportunity for us an i wonder if McLeish will try and get him pushed into the next under 21's squad to try and strengthen the relationship between the SFA and the Dembele's 

29 minutes ago, borojock said:

Out of interest has anyone seen him play or seen any substantial highlights (not show reels) other than the highlights that hit the national press a few years ago. 

Do we know if he has true potential or is he being hyped up, i havent seen anything of him other then the clips that came out when his name burst on the scene a few years ago, so its a genuine question.

I noticed he started the game on the bench at the weekend which i thought interesting. Not on his quality or ability but on the SFA stance that they arent given him everything some managers or countries would make him an automatic first pick and captain to try and sway him choosing them 

For me at this point in time his brother at Peterborough is an interesting opportunity for us an i wonder if McLeish will try and get him pushed into the next under 21's squad to try and strengthen the relationship between the SFA and the Dembele's 

The problem with the younger Dembele is he could easily go down the road of Feruz. If you look on his Twitter account, he is now under the wing of Nike and he has become a bit of a poster boy for them. They have even made him bespoke trainers with 'wonderkid Dembele' on them.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

The problem with the younger Dembele is he could easily go down the road of Feruz. If you look on his Twitter account, he is now under the wing of Nike and he has become a bit of a poster boy for them. They have even made him bespoke trainers with 'wonderkid Dembele' on them.

None of which is a good sign! Anyone know where Islam Feruz is nowadays?

11 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

None of which is a good sign! Anyone know where Islam Feruz is nowadays?

still at Chelsea last season of contract - lets hope for his sake hes saved some money over the last few years as he wont be earning that kind money again in his life after this season.

Will be interesting to see what he does after contract ends at Chelsea i could easily see him jack the game in never to be heard of again in a footballing sense 

23 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

thats my worry but by the sound of it he comes from a good grounded family and his siblings are doing well in life so lets hope he takes a different route then Feruz and also chooses Scotland

2 hours ago, borojock said:

From what I have seen he(karamoko) looks the real deal. Watched a couple of games about a year ago where he looked immense, it was against someone like Qatar or dubai. Also seen alot of his highlight reels and he looks immense in all of them(there are a few already even tho he's only 15). It is a worry tho that he is swapping between national teams as if it's no problem. Hopefully when it comes to senior football he will pick us but tbh Its not a given.

As for his brother I have not seen anything at all, heard he has done well at posh so far and he's only 21 so he could go onto bigger things. If he was playing for us then it might encourage his younger brother to play for us as well.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

From what I have seen he(karamoko) looks the real deal. Watched a couple of games about a year ago where he looked immense, it was against someone like Qatar or dubai. Also seen alot of his highlight reels and he looks immense in all of them(there are a few already even tho he's only 15). It is a worry tho that he is swapping between national teams as if it's no problem. Hopefully when it comes to senior football he will pick us but tbh Its not a given.

As for his brother I have not seen anything at all, heard he has done well at posh so far and he's only 21 so he could go onto bigger things. If he was playing for us then it might encourage his younger brother to play for us as well.

I had a look on Karamoko's Wiki and did a little google research (granted not all is probably correct that i read) and the England connection is very limited

• Parents both from Ivory Coast so no strong parental history or connection with England
  • Was born in England but moved up to Scotland at age 1 (again this is if wiki is correct) so didn't spend much time in England and probably has no memories or roots in the country
  • Grew up and developed in Scotland at a Scottish club 

I wonder why, it seems, he is so keen on playing for England i cant see the connection. I wonder if its something being pushed by agent or nike?  

54 minutes ago, borojock said:

I had a look on Karamoko's Wiki and did a little google research (granted not all is probably correct that i read) and the England connection is very limited

• Parents both from Ivory Coast so no strong parental history or connection with England
  • Was born in England but moved up to Scotland at age 1 (again this is if wiki is correct) so didn't spend much time in England and probably has no memories or roots in the country
  • Grew up and developed in Scotland at a Scottish club 

I wonder why, it seems, he is so keen on playing for England i cant see the connection. I wonder if its something being pushed by agent or nike?  

Probably being pushed, but I'll be stunned if he picks us. It'll be an even easier decision if he buggers of to Chelsea when he reaches 16. I just think it will a decision that will be more to do with his career rather than his he feels. He doesn't seem to have any emotional ties to England, but wants to turn out for them. 

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

4 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He can't play for England. Only us and IC

Thats the way i see it..

If He wants to Play for England I cant see them saying, NO as we have a Gentlemans agreement with the Sweaties and you can only play for them,.

England would seem bigger, more attractive to someoine with no affection for any British team,,.

The English FA are being khunts about this.....  they are trying to turn the boys head..

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Thats the way i see it..

If He wants to Play for England I cant see them saying, NO as we have a Gentlemans agreement with the Sweaties and you can only play for them,.

England would seem bigger, more attractive to someoine with no affection for any British team,,.

The English FA are being khunts about this.....  they are trying to turn the boys head..

He was born in England

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Thats the way i see it..

Tbf he is eligible for England as he was born there.

Was looking for highlights of the Malaga game at the weekend to see how Harper got on.  Found this on YouTube, doesn't really show much about Harper but listen to the commentator at about the 0:33 mark. Gave me a wee laugh.

Edited by todd
Addition

10 minutes ago, todd said:

Was looking for highlights of the Malaga game at the weekend to see how Harper got on.  Found this on YouTube, doesn't really show much about Harper but listen to the commentator at about the 0:33 mark. Gave me a wee laugh.

What a Juankar. 

Billy Gilmour has scored for Chelsea U23s tonight. Very pleasing to see him playing this level at his age.

On a related U23s note I see George Johnston at Liverpool was being talked of highly: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/05/the-10-standout-stars-of-the-liverpool-fc-academy-in-2017-18/

Not sure how many Scots there are in the English U23s. Charlie Gilmour, Fraser Hornby and Ethan Hamilton are the only others I can think of. St Clair and Sammut have moved on. Was it Gallagher at Liverpool? Another left back.

2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Billy Gilmour has scored for Chelsea U23s tonight. Very pleasing to see him playing this level at his age.

On a related U23s note I see George Johnston at Liverpool was being talked of highly: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/05/the-10-standout-stars-of-the-liverpool-fc-academy-in-2017-18/

Not sure how many Scots there are in the English U23s. Charlie Gilmour, Fraser Hornby and Ethan Hamilton are the only others I can think of. St Clair and Sammut have moved on. Was it Gallagher at Liverpool? Another left back.

This boy is class, forget Dembele Gilmour is the future

Just talking about the English U23 League's, we actually have a lot of talented players under the age of 23, not just in those league's but others as well. I wonder what our team would look like fielding a team based entirely on Under 23s. I've given it a quick go so here is my team, anyone else think if some talented players we have under 23.

McCrorie.

McCrorie.    Souttar.   McKenna.   Tierney

McTominay

Henderson.         Gilmour

Burke.                                           Johnston

McBurnie

24 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Just talking about the English U23 League's, we actually have a lot of talented players under the age of 23, not just in those league's but others as well. I wonder what our team would look like fielding a team based entirely on Under 23s. I've given it a quick go so here is my team, anyone else think if some talented players we have under 23.

McCrorie.

McCrorie.    Souttar.   McKenna.   Tierney

McTominay

Henderson.         Gilmour

Burke.                                           Johnston

McBurnie

I like it. You could add Cochrane, Morgan and Hornby to the squad. I don’t understand all the pessimism on here. I believe many of these players will be an improvement on previous generations.