Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

Snodgrass played for West Ham at the weekend, came on as sub... everyone seems to have missed him

If he is fully fit and on fire, surely a starter.........

Also where is Darren Fletcher.?

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

Mccrorie is shit. I don’t understand the hype around him. He’s not a player that’ll make it.

Are you a Rangers fan?

McCrorie is far from shit. He’s also far from the finished article. He was a bit out of his depth as a centre half and had no protection from the diddies around him when he played there last season. 

As a defensive midfielder he has a lot of potential and could be a huge player for Scotland in the next few years. 

2 hours ago, stocky said:

Snodgrass played for West Ham at the weekend, came on as sub... everyone seems to have missed him

If he is fully fit and on fire, surely a starter.........

Also where is Darren Fletcher.?

Fletcher played against Brentford on Saturday.

He was subbed with about 15 minutes to go. Not sure if It was because he was shite, injured or just a tactical move.

29 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Jack hendry...  simply not good enough.  Miles away from being an international defender.... 

Don’t agree at all. For a young defender in such an environment he played well apart from the second goal. It’s hardly the first time a team has successfully hit a free kick to the far post to have it knocked back across goal. There was more than enough there to suggest with a bit more experience he can be a very good international player in the coming years.

6 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Don’t agree at all. For a young defender in such an environment he played well apart from the second goal. It’s hardly the first time a team has successfully hit a free kick to the far post to have it knocked back across goal. There was more than enough there to suggest with a bit more experience he can be a very good international player in the coming years.

I don’t disagree.... the coming years are a wee bit away yet.  On Saturday he was brushed aside for the Hearts goal... also his positional play is not very good.  I’m sure he will learn, but he isnt good enough yet... possibly not even for Celtic,

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I don’t disagree.... the coming years are a wee bit away yet.  On Saturday he was brushed aside for the Hearts goal... also his positional play is not very good.  I’m sure he will learn, but he isnt good enough yet... possibly not even for Celtic,

Unless someone better is available he’ll have to learn on the job. 

On 8/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, macy37 said:

Shall I ask again? It wasn’t a difficult question.

Jack Hendry has become the new whipping boy already I see. He has potential, but desperately needs an experienced Centre Back in there to help him and learn from, much like Souttar with Berra, who has massively improved his game since Berra arrived. Hendry played very well on his Scotland debut he has pace, height, strengths, good on the ball but needs to be more aggressive needs to improve his concentration and positional play, all things that can be taught or come with experience.

8 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Jack Hendry has become the new whipping boy already I see. He has potential, but desperately needs an experienced Centre Back in there to help him and learn from, much like Souttar with Berra, who has massively improved his game since Berra arrived. Hendry played very well on his Scotland debut he has pace, height, strengths, good on the ball but needs to be more aggressive needs to improve his concentration and positional play, all things that can be taught or come with experience.

Agree with all of this.  My point really is that getting in the young guys is rarely the answer...  many here often shout for it.  Your point about playing them alongside an experienced defender i agree with... they should be doing that at their clubs and bringing them on.  Also, hendry is 23.... he should be further on in development in my opinion.  Souttar definitely playing better than him at the moment and is two years younger.

You are right regarding the stage of development Hendry is at, but every player develops at different rates depending on circumstances. Hendry is nearly the same age as McGinn who has just been bought for over 2 million by Aston Villa. Now obviously I am not comparing the players as they play in different positions but more their career paths which have been very different. McGinn has played regularly from a very young age has played a large number of games and is now ready for the move down south, whereas Hendry showed great potential at a very young age and went down south too early and going by his current level would not have been ready then to start games down south therefore a lack of games has hindered him and his confidence and it's only since coming back up the road and playing games again at Dundee he has started to show his potential again which won him the move to Celtic. In comparison to McGinn though, although roughly the same age he is still well behind him in his development stage as he has simply just not played enough games of football. It is the age old argument about developing players, but to become a better player you have to play football. I hope the experience Hendry has gained from these games and a consistent run of games for Celtic over the next year or two years he will start to put everything together as he has the raw ingredients to be a really good centre back for Scotland. He should be further along in his development but career decisions have put him back. He still has time though and is still very young. He could have over ten years still in the game.

13 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He's 23, he's not a teenager.

Have Celtic won a game he's been involved in yet?

23 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Because, listening on Radio Scotland, all I could hear was, "..good pass to forrest,, oh miscontrolled..ball falling to Forrest..poor touch..gets caught in possession etc."

Christ, you never even watched the game and slagging players?!

For all I think he's infuriating at times, Forrest IMO was one of Celtic's better players last night.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Because, listening on Radio Scotland, all I could hear was, "..good pass to forrest,, oh miscontrolled..ball falling to Forrest..poor touch..gets caught in possession etc."

So you didn't even watch it?

Forrest was one of the few players that got pass marks.