Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

9 hours ago, todd said:

I see Stevie G is putting his stamp on Rangers. 1 Scotsman in the starting eleven and that's the keeper!Ā  5 Englishmen though so that's good šŸ˜†

Exactly my thinking mate, and even worse I see young McCrorie has been bombed out of the starting line up for the start of the season. One of few Rangers players to shine last season and out the starting line up already this season for a bunch of foreigners.

19 hours ago, todd said:

I see Stevie G is putting his stamp on Rangers. 1 Scotsman in the starting eleven and that's the keeper!Ā  5 Englishmen though so that's good šŸ˜†

Sadly not alone.

Rangers - Murphy, Jack and McGregor will get regular games. McCrorie's might get a peek but that's about it.
Celtic - Still has 5 Scots.. but Griff is down to 3rd choice. Allan, Bain, Christie, Johnstone and Morgan all loot like rotting.
Hearts - Souttar and Morrison the only Scots under 31 to be in the 14 that played their opener.
Killie is suddenly a retirement home. Average age over 30 at the weekend, wasnt it?
3 Scots in the 11 for Motherwell.

Hibs and Aberdeen are giving some young Scots an opportunity at least.

Doesn't feel like the league is doing as much as it might in terms of helping young players get thru.

I guess a positive is that we've probably got more Scots in the English Premier League than we've had for a good while.

36 minutes ago, andyD said:

Hibs and Aberdeen are giving some young Scots an opportunity at least

I've said it before, Porteous, CB is one to watch. Needs a couple of years yet, but he's turning into a very good player.Ā 

Shaw, FWD I'm still not sure of yet.Ā 

On 8/10/2018 at 7:24 AM, bazmidd said:

Exactly my thinking mate, and even worse I see young McCrorie has been bombed out of the starting line up for the start of the season. One of few Rangers players to shine last season and out the starting line up already this season for a bunch of foreigners.

You're forgetting that he has been fulsome in his praise for Jack and he will be a regular starter. Unfortunately Scotland are strong in that position though he could well replace Brown. As for McCrorie, he sees him as a midfielder so he's more likely to be a bit-part player. Middleton will come into things too this season.

13 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Not exactly 'in action but Man Utd have announced their squad numbers which includes McTominay (No 39) and Hamilton (No 48). I know squad numbers Don't mean so much but McTominay's number doesn't suggest a breakthrough just yet.

He came on for the last 15. Given the competition I would say he is well in Mourinho's plans.

12 hours ago, borojock said:

Looks like hes starting the season well down the pecking order with Matic and Herrera still to come back inĀ 

Well down the pecking order? On the bench for Man Utd, first game of the season and came on with 15 mins to go. Some people just try and be negative. This boy has done brilliant to be in and around a squad costing absolute millions and he more than holds his own every time he plays. Mourinho, one of the greatest managers of all time, does nothing but praise the boy but yet some on here choose to be negative in every discussion regarding Scott McTominay. Who is to say it isn't Matic and Herrera now done the pecking order? He's making his way, very well, at the biggest club in the world, just let him get on with it.

Edited by bazmidd

30 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Well down the pecking order? On the bench for Man Utd, first game of the season and came on with 15 mins to go. Some people just try and be negative. This boy has done brilliant to be in and around a squad costing absolute millions and he more than holds his own every time he plays. Mourinho, one of the greatest managers of all time, does nothing but praise the boy but yet some on here choose to be negative in every discussion regarding Scott McTominay. Who is to say it isn't Matic and Herrera now done the pecking order? He's making his way, very well, at the biggest club in the world, just let him get on with it.

Totally, it was the same last season with Andy Robertson after a couple of months at Liverpool. Mctominay won't play every game but he will have played a large number of games by the end of the season across all competitions.

20 minutes ago, JECK said:

Totally, it was the same last season with Andy Robertson after a couple of months at Liverpool. Mctominay won't play every game but he will have played a large number of games by the end of the season across all competitions.

I really hope so. As said above it's fantastic that he's so close to the starting XI. I've not really seen enough of himĀ and haven't seen in him what Mourinho clearly has yet. My hope for him is based on the fact Mourinho (As noted, one of the best managers in the world)Ā has faith in him rather than what I've seen. I'm not being negative there, just would like to see more.

3 hours ago, bazmidd said:

I will rip my own face off and eat it if McTominay becomes a regular starter over MaticĀ 

Whats to say Matic and Herrera are now down the pecking order? Whats to say is that they are both blatantly better players then McTominay - i really hope McTominay does become a regular starter for Man Utd and Scotland, i would love that i really would. However i think your mistaking my reality on the situation for negativity as you said above. The lad isnt that great and if you go onto the Man Utd forums you would find a lot of fans who have watched him probably more than you or I have the same thoughts on him. If i was a betting man i would expect him to be a squad player for the next season and then disappear down the league a bit like Gibson and Cleverly - and thats me being realistic rather than negativeĀ Ā Ā 

12 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Fraser should be right wing back imo.

4-3-3

McGregor, Armstrong and Cairney in the middle. Fraser, Griffiths and Forrest as a 3 with Fraser and Forrest playing wide and dropping to midfield when we don't have the ball.Ā 

WhoScored ratings for English Premier League/Championship players today:

English Premier League:

• Matt Ritchie (Newcastle) - 69 mins - 7.16
  • James McArthur (Crystal Palace) - 90 mins - 7.03
  • Kevin McDonald (Fulham) - 90 mins - 6.56
  • Callum Paterson (Cardiff) - 62 mins - 6.56
  • Tom Cairney (Fulham) - 90 mins - 6.49
  • Scott McTominay (Man Utd) - 14 mins - 6.04

English Championship:

• Jay Fulton (Swansea) - 90 mins -Ā 8.28
  • John McGinn (Aston Villa)Ā - 90 mins - 8.10
  • Daniel Fox (Nottm Forest) - 90 mins - 7.96