Hotels when flight arrival is about 5am - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hotels when flight arrival is about 5am

mgwj01

A lot of flights seem to arrive about 5am and check in time at hotels is normally about 2pm. I know people will say contact hotel but just wondered if anyone has encountered this before and whether they are used to this and check in is normally earlier or you end up having to pay for an extra night for the time you arrive. 

1 minute ago, mgwj01 said:

A lot of flights seem to arrive about 5am and check in time at hotels is normally about 2pm. I know people will say contact hotel but just wondered if anyone has encountered this before and whether they are used to this and check in is normally earlier or you end up having to pay for an extra night for the time you arrive. 

take your chances & rock up early - if they have a spare room - you get early check in - if they havent likely they will tell you to wait until 1st room is cleaned so likely get room for 12 or 1 

take a look at the check out time - that will indicate what time rooms are cleaned

Only once I recall not receiving early check in & had to swan around Istanbul for say 3-4 hours - but they still gave us breakfast - but that hotel onl yhad 12 rooms

Likely if you rock up early you will get room - you can scope out if they have rooms the night before & this will indicate if free 

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Had this a couple of times, got in touch with hotel and they said if I wanted to gaurantee entry at such an early time I’d have to book from the previous day 

Most advertised hotels are no more than glorified apartment blocks with separate rooms. They will have someone on the door for check in and security but not 24 hours.....the ones I have stayed in the door is manned until about 2000hrs and then again about 0800 and in between you get in by keypad code.  By the time you get  your bags and through security (number of flights arriving dependent) and a taxi in during rush hour you will be lucky to be there much before 0800.....so drop off your bags and go out for a few hours.

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Had this a couple of times, got in touch with hotel and they said if I wanted to gaurantee entry at such an early time I’d have to book from the previous day 

6 minutes ago, DavyP said:

Most advertised hotels are no more than glorified apartment blocks with separate rooms. They will have someone on the door for check in and security but not 24 hours.....the ones I have stayed in the door is manned until about 2000hrs and then again about 0800 and in between you get in by keypad code.  By the time you get  your bags and through security (number of flights arriving dependent) and a taxi in during rush hour you will be lucky to be there much before 0800.....so drop off your bags and go out for a few hours.

Should add my experiences weren’t in Israel 

• 3 weeks later...

I have made multiple booking through booking.com. This has given me the option to request an early check in for any future hotels. And a free drink on arrival which is always good. I'm sure you could dump your bags at the hotel then go for a walk about/breakfast to kill some time.

Two of us arrive at 3am Weds morning, by the time we get through airport, expect to get train straight up to Hafia arriving 6am...Booked apartment across the road from Station..Tuesday till Friday..We can get in and have a kip,  then day / night out in Hafia...Thursday recover and game..Our flight is at 6am Friday, so its quick bag pick up and train down to airport.  An awkward one, as in reality staying one full night, but forking out for three...Stadium other side of city from station / digs..And the advice of at least 3hrs before flight at airport. So bit of a pain this one..Maybe in hindsight..Tel Aviv, Davybus and later flight out...

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, mgwj01 said:

in the past i've either taken the hit for the extra night or crashed on a mate's sofa/floor on arrival.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, The Bunnet said:

Two of us arrive at 3am Weds morning, by the time we get through airport, expect to get train straight up to Hafia arriving 6am...Booked apartment across the road from Station..Tuesday till Friday..We can get in and have a kip,  then day / night out in Hafia...Thursday recover and game..Our flight is at 6am Friday, so its quick bag pick up and train down to airport.  An awkward one, as in reality staying one full night, but forking out for three...Stadium other side of city from station / digs..And the advice of at least 3hrs before flight at airport. So bit of a pain this one..Maybe in hindsight..Tel Aviv, Davybus and later flight out...

Are you on the El Al flight from Prague?

On 8/3/2018 at 3:25 PM, The Bunnet said:

No, Berlin.  ( Manchester / Berlin, Ryanair......Berlin  / Tel Aviv, El Al. ) Opposite way back..Was under £200 including leg room seats. 4 hour flight through the night. Get a decent kip. Booked months ago.

I'm Edi/Prague with Ryanair then Prague /Tel Aviv with El Al for around the same price, arriving at 3:05 on Wednesday Morning :ok: