Croatia support thread - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia support thread

bonny78

6 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Explain.

They are a bunch of interfereing old biddies and unelected like i already said. Just ask Ireland or Greece and see what the people think of them.   The Euro currency is a disaster (much better to keep a countrie's own currency) ,and we didnt need them before they exsisted.

We also could live without paying them every day. 

23 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

They are a bunch of interfereing old biddies and unelected like i already said. Just ask Ireland or Greece and see what the people think of them.   The Euro currency is a disaster (much better to keep a countrie's own currency) ,and we didnt need them before they exsisted.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/more-than-90-of-irish-people-want-to-stay-in-eu-poll-reveals-1.3488112

2 hours ago, bonny78 said:

You've gone from "Damaging and dangerous" to "Interfering old biddies".

The latter are rarely considered damaging and dangerous.

You make it sound as if the EU has never done anything positive.

They have set standards; that is surely a good thing.

Anyway, I listed some countries to you earlier... Denmark, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, etc...

All similar populations to Scotland; some are actually smaller.

They are all successful independent countries and yet you view Scotland as incapable of being so.

You think we're better in the UK?

Why?

I think it's easier for countries of our size to feed, clothe, educate, employ and look after their citizens.

Per head of population, they are better at everything that matters.

Yeah well, The EU is already formed is it not?

Of course, the British Empire was already formed before it crumbled...

The Soviet Union was already formed before it crumbled...

Yugoslavia was already formed before it crumbled...

Things don't necessarily stay the same as you've always known them.

Anyway, do you think Scotland is capable of being a successful independent country?

I'm not asking what you want; I'm asking if you think Scotland is capable of being a successful independent country.

P.S. I'll decide what I am.

16 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Yeah well, The EU is already formed is it not?

Of course, the British Empire was already formed before it crumbled...

The Soviet Union was already formed before it crumbled...

Yugoslavia was already formed before it crumbled...

Things don't necessarily stay the same as you've always known them.

Anyway, do you think Scotland is capable of being a successful independent country?

I'm not asking what you want; I'm asking if you think Scotland is capable of being a successful independent country.

P.S. I'll decide what I am.

I wish to remain British.  Want the eu to gtf.  End of.

At sport i follow Scotland.  Politically its Britain for me.  And proud.

1 minute ago, bonny78 said:

Oh yessss

I knew it.

By the way, you never actually answered my question...

I never asked you what you wanted; I asked if you think Scotland is actually capable of being a successful independent country (?)

Yes or no?

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I knew it.

By the way, you never actually answered my question...

I never asked you what you wanted; I asked if you think Scotland is actually capable of being a successful independent country (?)

Yes or no?

Unknown. But id probably say yes 

On 7/9/2018 at 1:50 PM, andyD said:

Got some money on Croatia to win the whole thing (tidy if it comes in) and have spent a decent amount of time over there over the last few years. I've been cheering them on all tournament, so will carry on doing that.

They've not played particularly great in the last few games. Seems to me they don't set the pace of the game ever. They match their opponent, hence demolishing Argentina, but struggling against the slower tempo teams like Russia and Denmark.

Playing England should suit them. England play a higher tempo, their midfield 3 is mostly attack minded and of lower quality than Brozovic, Rakitic and Modric. Rebic and Perisic should pin Young and Trippier back, meaning Pivaric and Vsaljko should be largely free to do whatever. The flanks should win it for Croatia, given Englands 352 formation. Vida always has a mistake in him tho, so fingers crossed he has a good game.

I  backed Croatia at 16/1 to reach the final which was the best price I could see. l always think that is a better way to back an outsider. 

I wonder if there is a Serbian forum somewhere with a Serb setting up an Anyone but Croatia thread, and hoping and praying that France beat Croatia, but at the same time insisting we'd all be better off Yugoslavian.

Edited by exile

On 7/13/2018 at 2:01 PM, bonny78 said:

What exactly has moggs said that you dont like?  He s got his head screwed on imo.

Amongst many other things, I would never trust someone  to run a country in the 21st century who has never changed his own baby’s nappy because ‘its nanny’s job’. Small things say a lot about someone. Turd of a man.

C’mon Croatia. Desperately want them to win for no other reason than being the underdog and a fantastic country to visit.  

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I would never trust someone  to run a country in the 21st century who has never changed his own baby’s nappy

Just letting that part of your statement sink in....yes....rereading again. ....yup.....rereading one more time.....fine.

I think i ve been checkmated here in a swindle like way.    Cannot argue or answer back on this.

You win. Dont vote for the guy.

Edited by bonny78

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Amongst many other things, I would never trust someone  to run a country in the 21st century who has never changed his own baby’s nappy because ‘its nanny’s job’. Small things say a lot about someone. Turd of a man.

C’mon Croatia. Desperately want them to win for no other reason than being the underdog and a fantastic country to visit.  

2775937_1c83d.jpg

4 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Just letting that part of your statement sink in....yes....rereading again. ....yup.....rereading one more time.....fine.

I think i ve been checkmated here in a swindle like way.    Cannot argue or answer back on this.

You win. Dont vote for the guy.

You can mock all you want. The man is a dinosaur.

And no, I wont be voting for him, or anyone else in his party . 

6 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

You call him a dinosaur yet your own mind is closed.

Thay may be your interpretation, but it really isnt. I dont like him, or his party, that is not to say I disagree with every single policy. Disagreeing with someone does not equate to having a closed mind. 

Its probably best we leave this. Its a thread about Croatia support which we can both agree on. I just wanted to answer your question on JRM which I have now done. 

On 12 July 2018 at 3:37 AM, Toepoke said:

Pleased that Croatia made it but it's a bit galling that a country smaller than Scotland has reached the World Cup final. Hopefully lessons are being learned.

Aside from natural talent two other things spring to mind

The climate, and evolving a game that is suited to tournament climates... which could be assisted by summer football? But I know there are arguments against that too.

And another thing that got me thinking, their league is not exactly renowned for being one of the top leagues but their players play in the top leagues. People growing up in Croatia must expect to have to travel, learn a new culture and language, to play for world class teams. Scots probably settle for taking their chances in the Premiership/Championship. Not much we can do about that?

Going back to natural talent, then, I wonder if a bit of selective immigration from talented footballing countries would help (though it might not please the Rees Moggs of this world)... as an alternative to trawling the English leagues for people with Scottish grannies.