Croatia support thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia support thread

bonny78

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Pleased that Croatia made it but it's a bit galling that a country smaller than Scotland has reached the World Cup final. Hopefully lessons are being learned.

A small country we beat both home and away in the 2014 qualifiers.

We could be emulating them if we really put our minds to it, got a governing body that gave half a shit about our game instead of themselves and hired the right coach/manager.

There’s no reason why we can’t.

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Pleased that Croatia made it but it's a bit galling that a country smaller than Scotland has reached the World Cup final. Hopefully lessons are being learned.

Uruguay won it twice too you know 😉

Since we last qualified for a tournament...

Croatia have qualified for 4 World Cups and 4 Euros.

Uruguay have qualified for 4 x World Cups and won the Copa America.

Republic of Ireland have qualified for 1 World Cup and 2 Euros.

Slovenia have qualified for 2 World Cups and 1 Euros.

Denmark have qualified for 4 World Cups and 3 Euros.

Slovenia have qualified for 2 World Cups and 1 Euros.

... and I'm sure there are others.

Plus the one-off appearances by Latvia, Northern Ireland and Wales - all have made appearances since we last qualified.

All countries of a similar size to our own and every time one of these countries qualifies and we don't, it just highlights the failings of the people who run the game in Scotland.

The more these countries qualify, the more the public and the media should be questioning the Scottish FA and League.

How we bring about the necessary change in fortunes, I don't know, but I would start with a spring-to-autumn league. 

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

And that will make us better at footballs how?

national tv channel where subscriptions go towards supporting TV coverge in Scotland rather than the license fee's being spent on coverage in rest of UK 

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

national tv channel where subscriptions go towards supporting TV coverge in Scotland rather than the license fee's being spent on coverage in rest of UK 

You are living in cloud cookoo land if you think that a scotiish government would spend a large sum of money for the rights to Scottish football.  If you mean a commercial channel there is nothing to stop anyone trying that now.... there is no money in the product.

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

You are living in cloud cookoo land if you think that a scotiish government would spend a large sum of money for the rights to Scottish football.  If you mean a commercial channel there is nothing to stop anyone trying that now.... there is no money in the product.

You reckon in an independent Scotland we would be paying & watching BBC ?

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Please expand on that.

We re better as the uk instead of independent.    

However, its better the uk becomes independent.

Both these match the referendums outcomes.   

Its as simple as that really.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:03 AM, DaveyDenoon said:

A small country we beat both home and away in the 2014 qualifiers.

We could be emulating them if we really put our minds to it, got a governing body that gave half a shit about our game instead of themselves, two clubs teams and hired the right coach/manager.

There’s no reason why we can’t.

fixed it for you

We need the right mentaility in Scotland. Players have to be taught from a young age that playing for scotland is a privilege and just as important as playing for your club

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

We re better as the uk instead of independent.    

However, its better the uk becomes independent.

Both these match the referendums outcomes.   

Its as simple as that really.

Why??? Why are we better in this union???

Look at the f*cking state of it... Look at the political figures... May, Boris, Gove, Jacob Rees-Mogg, David Davies... Farage back on the scene... Corbyn sat on the fence.

I wouldn't trust some of these pr*cks to look after a dog.

It's a f*cking mess and let's not forget, the UK have p*ssed Scotland's considerable wealth down the drain over many decades. 

Why is independence perfectly okay for Denmark, Finland, Slovenia, Croatia, Norway, New Zealand and Singapore?

All independent. All successful.

These are all similar sized or smaller populations to Scotland.

Why are we 'better' being ruled by London?

The most successful and happiest countries in the world - some of the ones I've mentioned - are countries of our size.

It's far easier to feed, clothe, educate, employ and look after 5 million people than it is to look after 60 million people.

We can do this and one day, we will.

22 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

May, Boris, Gove, Jacob Rees-Mogg, David Davies... Farage back on the scene... Corbyn sat on the fence.

I wouldn't trust some of these pr*cks to look after a dog.

Would our owns ones be any different? ?

Farage is a legend for getting us out of Europe 

Mogg will be the next PM

11 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Would our owns ones be any different? ?

Farage is a legend for getting us out of Europe 

Mogg will be the next PM

I admit, the Scottish Conservative and Labour parties need to improve their pool of MSP's... In an independent Scotland they would need to improve in order to get into Government.

However, I think Nicola Sturgeon and her colleagues are a far more professional and credible group of people than the 'buffoons' I listed above (Boris, Gove, Rees-Mogg, etc...)

Farage a legend?

So, do you think leaving the EU properly; totally out; hard Brexit; we're off...... Do you think that would be good for the UK economy?

Let's say your an small/medium sized independent company exporting to Europe one day and then the next day...

Rees-Mogg for PM???

And you're okay with that?

FFS, how would the people of Scotland view that? On the up side, it may well be the appointment that drives us to independence!

Just thinking it about, how would the people of Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Sunderland and Grimsby view it.

Rees-Mogg is barely of the same species.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

I admit, the Scottish Conservative and Labour parties need to improve their pool of MSP's... In an independent Scotland they would need to improve in order to get into Government.

However, I think Nicola Sturgeon and her colleagues are a far more professional and credible group of people than the 'buffoons' I listed above (Boris, Gove, Rees-Mogg, etc...)

Farage a legend?

So, do you think leaving the EU properly; totally out; hard Brexit; we're off...... Do you think that would be good for the UK economy?

Let's say your an small/medium sized independent company exporting to Europe one day and then the next day...

Rees-Mogg for PM???

And you're okay with that?

FFS, how would the people of Scotland view that? On the up side, it may well be the appointment that drives us to independence!

Just thinking it about, how would the people of Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Sunderland and Grimsby view it.

Rees-Mogg is barely of the same species.

What exactly has moggs said that you dont like?  He s got his head screwed on imo.

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

What exactly has moggs said that you dont like?  He s got his head screwed on imo.

Well, I don't share his vision of Brexit.

How on Earth anyone can think an all out, full on, Brexit will be anything other than damaging to UK jobs/economy, I do not know.

Just now, Rich NATA said:

Well, I don't share his vision of Brexit.

How on Earth anyone can think an all out, full on, Brexit will be anything other than damaging to UK jobs/economy, I do not know.

Cause we d be rid of the most damaging and dangerous unelected entity in this part of the world - the European union.   We d recover and rebuild and prosper.

Great Britain.