Croatia support thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia support thread

bonny78

I usually don't care too much either way about England at tournaments (perhaps because they usually don't do much) but am desperate for them to get fucked this time.

Seeing those videos of their hun like fans being classless scum at the weekend just reminded me that I should want them to lose any time they play.

C'mon Croatia, get the Brits out now.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I usually don't care too much either way about England at tournaments (perhaps because they usually don't do much) but am desperate for them to get fucked this time.

Seeing those videos of their hun like fans being classless scum at the weekend just reminded me that I should want them to lose any time they play.

Healthy hatred there.   Its ok to hate when it comes to football 

Got some money on Croatia to win the whole thing (tidy if it comes in) and have spent a decent amount of time over there over the last few years. I've been cheering them on all tournament, so will carry on doing that.

They've not played particularly great in the last few games. Seems to me they don't set the pace of the game ever. They match their opponent, hence demolishing Argentina, but struggling against the slower tempo teams like Russia and Denmark.

Playing England should suit them. England play a higher tempo, their midfield 3 is mostly attack minded and of lower quality than Brozovic, Rakitic and Modric. Rebic and Perisic should pin Young and Trippier back, meaning Pivaric and Vsaljko should be largely free to do whatever. The flanks should win it for Croatia, given Englands 352 formation. Vida always has a mistake in him tho, so fingers crossed he has a good game.

Will never understand the mentality of being born n bred in Scotland but wearing an English clubs top and wanting them to win. Do you think English fans cut aboot with Scottish club tops on because it’s British? Dae they fuck

Some of them are the same fuckers that are all over the work, bookies and social media giving it the ABE and “English bastards” cairry on. One was just giving it the ABE patter in the garage.... wearing his Newcastle top

Weirdo bastards 

55 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Do you think English fans cut aboot with Scottish club tops on because it’s British? Dae they fuck

I have an East Fife shirt from a couple of seasons ago that I used to wear every so often :D 

I just need to reduce my beer intake for a while now so I can get back into it.

13 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

For some reason whenever I come on here and see a certain poster I get that Crystals song stuck in my head that goes Do one Ron, Ron a Do one Ron, Ron

Thanks for sharing.  Each to their own.  Its not really football related is it??

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Will never understand the mentality of being born n bred in Scotland but wearing an English clubs top and wanting them to win. Do you think English fans cut aboot with Scottish club tops on because it’s British? Dae they fuck

Some of them are the same fuckers that are all over the work, bookies and social media giving it the ABE and “English bastards” cairry on. One was just giving it the ABE patter in the garage.... wearing his Newcastle top

Weirdo bastards 

This in spades. These are usually the same wankers that constantly shout “Scottish fitba’s pish” but haven’t been to a game in their local town in their puff. 

14 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Yep. Hun-like is the only way you can describe English fans like that. Total filth.

3 minutes ago, George Saint said:

I personally would have taken him just to have that option, even if off the bench. When you have a squad of 23 players, I think there is space to include someone like that. Having said that, Wilshere came on at half time against Iceland in Euro 2016, and we all know how that match ended up!

He looked to of tailed off towards the end of the season, and probably didnt fit the mobile / run all day profile Southgate wanted. 

An injury free season at the Hammers will help.