The Recurring Broadcasting Issue - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Recurring Broadcasting Issue

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

No way yet they are also part of the glorious GB and also pay the licence fee.

I bet they weren't going to the Wales camp at half time of EVERY match played to ask each player what they had for breakfast and have they had their morning shit yet either

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

On 7/9/2018 at 7:39 AM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I bet they weren't going to the Wales camp at half time of EVERY match played to ask each player what they had for breakfast and have they had their morning shit yet either

It’s like the Scottish sport media during the season in the lead up to an old firm game. Hamilton v Aberdeen and all they can talk about is the new firm

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Do you no mean the last 25-30 years?

It's accelerated.

Thankfully many years before it was pre-Sky (and I didn't get sky sports for years).

A colleague of mine was watching some Sunday cookery programme (not sky I think ) and they were on about the WC !

Can't escape it. 😕

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

It's accelerated.

Thankfully many years before it was pre-Sky (and I didn't get sky sports for years).

A colleague of mine was watching some Sunday cookery programme (not sky I think ) and they were on about the WC !

Can't escape it. 😕

This is where my issue is. Most of the posters on here have been to more England games than these cnuts offering opinion on the World Cup.

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

And the last 7-14 days

Kay Burley's rant when Germany got put out was unprofessional - England weren't even playing that day.

Enda Brady doesn't have much choice because he's been embedded in Russia for the tournament.

Tonight's performances from Diana Magnay, David Bowden and Dermot Murnaghan have been unacceptably jingoistic.It's a fucking news channel FFS.

As I said last week, do these cretins not realise that Sky News UK is broadcast to the rest of the world as Sky News International?

Fair Play to both Tom McLeod and Niall Paterson on Sunday for talking about the papers through visibly gritted teeth.

32 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

This is where my issue is. Most of the posters on here have been to more England games than these cnuts offering opinion on the World Cup.

I'll be honest, that does my nut in. There's folk wandering round in full England kits who to my knowledge haven't set foot in a football ground beyond half a dozen times in a decade, but are suddenly pub experts in everything football-related. I used to love to tell Man Utd kit wearers that I'd seen them play more often than they had & it's the same thing really.

Gabby Logan is really doing my nut in.

her fawning interviews are dry boak inducing.

Also, not once has she described England as a home nation, she was tripping over herself during Commonwealth games to describe Scotland as such.

Edited by giblet

59 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its not easy to avoid it down here, I work from home most days but even music stations are getting in on it. 

I've been woken this morning with the radio alarm kicking in with Three Lions...

(Not a good start to the day, but hopefully it will have a fucking great ending).

A host who sounds like she's never been to a football match in her life...

Who is asking people for predictions for tonight... some dumb fuck just phoned in and said, "I think it will be England two, FRANCE nil"

FFS

A lot of what gets written in the papers or spoken about on the radio, is utter garbage. It comes down to the fact that they have to write and say something, even when there's nothing sensible to add to what has already been said. Consequently, they end up going around in circles and repeating things, or they get drawn into making emotion-driven statements that are stupid when you analyse them. One popular theme nowadays is to constantly bang on about great team spirit, whenever a team wins a match. It was like that with Iceland and Wales in the last Euros, and now it's England that supposedly has this amazing team spirit, driving us on to success. It's such a load of bullshit. Funny how Iceland's amazing team spirit and organisation suddenly wasn't being talked about in the next round, when they got papped 5-2 by France. Or how Wales' amazing team spirit from the Euros, suddenly gets forgotten about when they fail to qualify for this World Cup. When Henderson missed his penalty against Colombia, I bet nobody in the media would have put their money where their mouth is and backed England's team spirit to win through.

At work i am the only one who goes near a football stadium and it is killing me how everyone is talking about how great WE are. I dont think any of them could name more than a couple of Englands players. I have been wearing a Scotland hat but even so folk have been asking me if i think football is coming home. But what has had me looking for a gun is yesterday i guy asked if i was going to watch the Belgium France game i said yes he then asked a guy who is doing some painting for the firm and the painter fella said no but i will be watching Britain tommorow

19 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I'll be honest, that does my nut in. There's folk wandering round in full England kits who to my knowledge haven't set foot in a football ground beyond half a dozen times in a decade, but are suddenly pub experts in everything football-related. I used to love to tell Man Utd kit wearers that I'd seen them play more often than they had & it's the same thing really.

Girls at work discussing England excitedly, what the score will be and at the same time asking "Who's Sterling again?"  and "What does Southgate do?

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

With childish glee, this is a point i have made to "England fans" on several occasions. One belter was a Leeds fan in Greece. Getting on fine with him as he sat there in his England shirt, giving me the usual lip, with 2 Greek bartenders getting occasionally involved. They were properly pishing themselves laughing when it turned out I had been to see England in the flesh 5 times compared to his zero 😂

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

With childish glee, this is a point i have made to "England fans" on several occasions. One belter was a Leeds fan in Greece. Getting on fine with him as he sat there in his England shirt, giving me the usual lip, with 2 Greek bartenders getting occasionally involved. They were properly pishing themselves laughing when it turned out I had been to see England in the flesh 5 times compared to his zero 😂

Is this you coming out of the England fan closet ?

😁