The Recurring Broadcasting Issue - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Recurring Broadcasting Issue

10 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

SORRY AGAIN. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

Scotland pissed on daily at WM and in the media..

Hence they could not give a toss. 

We’ll agree to disagree on that one. 

It comes down to what you’re prepared to accept as an individual so keep watching if that’s what you’d prefer to do. 

Just don’t expect the bbc to change. 

24 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

We’ll agree to disagree on that one. 

It comes down to what you’re prepared to accept as an individual so keep watching if that’s what you’d prefer to do. 

Just don’t expect the bbc to change. 

Fuk sake man. I have said "I do NOT expect BBC to change" - no matter what I or others do . Are you deaf?

14 hours ago, JECK said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned in various threads during this World Cup and it may seem a non issue to some folk but this really is starting to annoy the crap out of me and something has to change.

Ok fair enough, everyone knows we are not quite good enough to qualify for tournaments at the moment. But how on earth is it acceptable to show all matches from an English-afied/English perspective at the World Cup in Scotland? Every 2 years it's the same: folk come into work complaining about commentators, or you'll discuss it with your mates in the pub or with relatives or in the street when you bump into someone you know. This happens all over the country. I'm effing sick to the back teeth of it. How is this healthy? 

This ongoing arrogance of of the BBC/itv or the folk that make these decisions is an absolute joke. Can you imagine viewers England having to have the feed from another country. Just wouldn't happen. What is so wrong with sportscene or an stv production showing all the games with not the same English bias pundits? It's mental really. 

Call me delusional but Im convinced this would help in some way to change the mindset of this country in its obsession with all things "hating" England. The fact that so many are oblivious to the issue yet still come complain about it just makes all the more worse.

I write about boxing but before the World Cup started I asked my editor if he would run some World Cup content on the site. Much to my surprise he said yes so I have been compiling the odd article during the tournament. My piece I wrote yesterday highlights this very topic. It is the Colombia vs. England section towards the bottom of the article if anyone is interested.

http://nyfights.com/newsworthy/the-ot-world-cup-writing-volume-4/

39 minutes ago, dan cake said:

this thread sould be renamed to "England are doing well at the world cup and im raging"

pathetic

It isn't really. That's a completely separate point.If we had the Australian or say Irish feed for the World Cup that would be equally ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What is our countries perspective? Sitting at home as usual?

Yip watching biased towards England pundits for pretty much every World Cup broadcast. Last time I checked I don't live in England 

5 minutes ago, JECK said:

Folk say don't watch it or mute it. The issue is we don't at the very least have the option to view from our own country's perspective. 

The joys of being the rubbish wee team in an unequal union. 

Wasting more money on “experts” and commentators seems like an unnecessary expense for something that’s ultimately not that important. 

4 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yip watching biased towards England pundits for pretty much every World Cup broadcast. Last time I checked I don't live in England 

What would you want, a team full of Scottish commentators over there?

They have plenty of foreign pundits too - Bilic, Keane, O'Neill, Fabregas etc over there. I'd expect McCoist etc to be exactly the same if we were there.

Its interesting that people should interpret being unhappy with a service that is not promoting the game in hand as ragin that England are doing well.

Interesting. But complete and utter horse shit nonetheless.

Scotland are the only team that drives any strong emotion in me, of course if I wasnt such a weirdo I would have a domestic team to get excited about 🙂

“If you’re expecting reasonable non biased analysis, forget it!!!”

Remember that? And we all naturally loved it. 

I know it’s shite but seeing the video of Wright etc celebrating, as much as it stings these guys annoying as they are, are just england fans when the cameras are turned off, sure they could try and be a more professional but they’ll be the first to put the boot in when England do go out. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

“If you’re expecting reasonable non biased analysis, forget it!!!”

Remember that? And we all naturally loved it. 

I know it’s shite but seeing the video of Wright etc celebrating, as much as it stings these guys annoying as they are, are just england fans when the cameras are turned off, sure they could try and be a more professional but they’ll be the first to put the boot in when England do go out. 

Bang on,

Richard Gordon etc were brilliant that night.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

this thread sould be renamed to "England are doing well at the world cup and im raging"

pathetic

Thats why i bet them to win it :lol:

ps - cant compare the Richard Gordon night in Paris

it was broadcast only on Radio Scotland and not throughout the UK

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thats why i bet them to win it :lol:

ps - cant compare the Richard Gordon night in Paris

it was broadcast only on Radio Scotland and not throughout the UK

If Scotland were actually to make a WC then the panel/presenter would be Scottish.

We're not, we're shit and instead we just moan about shite like this.

58 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What would you want, a team full of Scottish commentators over there?

They have plenty of foreign pundits too - Bilic, Keane, O'Neill, Fabregas etc over there. I'd expect McCoist etc to be exactly the same if we were there.

Don't think your grasping the point.  The pundits nationality isn't the problem per se, it's the coverage where by almost everything is geared towards English bias. The pundits, regardless of nationality will be paid to discuss and promote all things England as that is what the content is based on. 

A sportscene/stv production for every match surely would be correct way to broadcast the World Cup in this country.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If Scotland were actually to make a WC then the panel/presenter would be Scottish.

We're not, we're shit and instead we just moan about shite like this.

so we get the English broadcast for every other match that Scotland aren't involved in?How is that fair and how does that make sense to you?

If you were English you would be lovin all the hype about England during the games, these guys are all there for 1 reason to entertain the English as they’re in the World Cup, with all this 3 lions we’ll win it this time shite,  we’ve been hearing it for years, as said before it just makes  it all the sweeter watching them squirm after the team fall on their arse as they inevitably will,  although the route has been made a lot easier this year by the big teams not playin anywhere near there potential/reputation , let’s not forget we almost beat England at hampden I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but does that sound like the team who will be world champions I don’t think so n don’t think I forgot about 67 at Wembley difference being we had better players then

Edited by jcs