Scots words - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Aye probably 👍🏼

No doubt that’s banned now for that last word, or the last line has been changed.

I think folk will say a homosexual baby being born on God’s day isn’t the right thing to say these days 😏

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, bonzo said:

Manys a Friday I'd come hame from school and there'd be pig's trotters boiling away in a pot, ma faither loved them 🤢

You probably had great lentil soup though!   Off on a piggy tangent... but in Prague, on our way to another humping, we found a pub for a 10am breakfast.   We could see into the kitchen, the chef openning an oven drawer crammed full of pig knuckles.   Smell was delicious (no parsley in sight btw).   With a few more hours of cooking required, we had to settle for crisps and beer.

Had no appetite on the way back 😞

14 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

You probably had great lentil soup though!   Off on a piggy tangent... but in Prague, on our way to another humping, we found a pub for a 10am breakfast.   We could see into the kitchen, the chef openning an oven drawer crammed full of pig knuckles.   Smell was delicious (no parsley in sight btw).   With a few more hours of cooking required, we had to settle for crisps and beer.

I worked in Germany for a couple of years and every Friday outside my local supermarket there was a schwienshaxe van. I tried their wares more than once 😍

15 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Mind about 20 years ago being in Prague and when in a fine establishment one of the lads ordered 'pig knee'. Bizarrely enough when the plate arrived it was a pig's leg cut above n below the knee that was served! Guess we all thought that was too obvious.

• 6 months later...