Hillsborough (latest news have a read DTS) - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hillsborough (latest news have a read DTS)

The match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster David Duckenfield will face trial for the manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 football supporters, a judge has ruled.

The decision to prosecute the former chief superintendent was made by Sir Peter Openshaw at Preston Crown Court who lifted a stay on his prosecution.

An order preventing Mr Duckenfield being tried was imposed 18 years ago.

Four other men will also face trial on charges related to Hillsborough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44656778

15 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

This !!

His conscience must be tearing him apart (and fuckn well deserved) 

He's by no means the worst, the UK Government were complicit in the cover up but he has to take a huge amount of blame.

Now for that Weasel Kelvin McKenzie to somehow get some bad news.

Great news. Although, being cynical and I hope not, but it would not be surprised if he somehow gets off.

Peter Hooton, writer and former singer of the Farm has written some really good stuff on this. The lead up to the day itself let alone the aftermath is fucking ridiculous.

I read a comment the other day about the Tories, basically along the lines of 

1. Hillsborough

2. Orgreave

3. Grenfell

Fucking horrible country we live in sometimes. These cunts at the very top are the worst of the worst

44 minutes ago, phart said:

Also the people wouldn't let it lie, kept fighting for justice despite the smearing.

Correct Phart. I doubt the establishment thought for a minute that the families of what is essentially a bunch of scouse football supporters would ever do what they did. Their arrogance was astonishing  

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hopefully the sentence will be more severe in relation to the charges than those handed out to the murdering cunts responsible for Heysel

I know you’re trying to be clever here and in some way, try and save face after making such a cunt of yourself about Hillsborough recently but I’m afraid in trying to equate the two events,  it has simply taken you right back down cunt alley. 

For a start, I’m not sure who you mean by ‘ in relation to the charges than those handed out to the murdering cunts responsible for Heysel “

Do you mean the 14 Liverpool fans that were ultimately convicted ? Or the Belgian Officials that were convicted ? Or maybe you mean the Belgian Police Officer that was convicted ?  What about the chap from the Belgian FA that was also convicted ? I think the only folk that got off were EUFA. 

Your post is all over the place and you seem to be comparing dog turds with cat piss to make a point. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are 15 or 16 and have had a bottle of Strongbow. 👍

2 hours ago, noyntine 6-6-6 said:

Maybe English justice is hot on the heels of the criminals who torched the Piper Alpha?

Didn't somebody say "Justice delayed is justice denied."

I've never heard this particular angle of the story, what do you mean?

On 6/30/2018 at 1:56 PM, phart said:

I've never heard this particular angle of the story, what do you mean?

Although the Piper Alpha doesn't have much to do with football the pattern of gross and criminal managerial incompetence is identical. There was also a cover-up that was sickening and a desperately sad reflection on the gangsters who spend the big bonuses. They had a safety (permit-to-work) system designed for working on plant that was shut-down. To save a few baw-bees they decided to do major maintenance on a live (26,000p.s.i.) plant. This was approved by the Safety Inspectors. They didn't isolate the relevant valves; they didn't bother to tell the Control-Room Operator what they were doing. They had plenty of money for lawyers and lies after the event.

The Hillsborough families should inspire us all to take our lives back. They have had a long and tough journey and not one criminal has been convicted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, glasgow jock said:

This !!

His conscience must be tearing him apart (and fuckn well deserved) 

It should be, but given the astonishing levels of arrogance he has shown since the event and the lies he has told I doubt it is. He thought he was fireproof for years, decades in fact. The only remorse this evil scumbag will be feeling will be the realisation that he is no longer fireproof and will be called to account for his actions.

The man has no conscience.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, noyntine 6-6-6 said:

Although the Piper Alpha doesn't have much to do with football the pattern of gross and criminal managerial incompetence is identical. There was also a cover-up that was sickening and a desperately sad reflection on the gangsters who spend the big bonuses. They had a safety (permit-to-work) system designed for working on plant that was shut-down. To save a few baw-bees they decided to do major maintenance on a live (26,000p.s.i.) plant. This was approved by the Safety Inspectors. They didn't isolate the relevant valves; they didn't bother to tell the Control-Room Operator what they were doing. They had plenty of money for lawyers and lies after the event.

The Hillsborough families should inspire us all to take our lives back. They have had a long and tough journey and not one criminal has been convicted.

Wow had never heard of this, cheers for the info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
2 hours ago, phart said:

Hillsborough match commander David Duckenfield is to face a retrial over the deaths of 95 football fans.

In April, a jury failed to reach a verdict on the former chief superintendent, who had denied gross negligence manslaughter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-48756722

Why's it 95 and not 96>

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why's it 95 and not 96>

"The 96th victim, Tony Bland, died more than a year and a day after the disaster, and cannot be included in the prosecution."

Edited by in5omniac

On 6/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

At some point, final decisions need to be made on this.

Yes, I can understand the need for justice, but surely closure is important too.

Got to feel for families of the victims who are still sitting in courtrooms 30 years later looking for justice.

• 5 months later...