Hillsborough (latest news have a read DTS) - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hillsborough (latest news have a read DTS)

Just now, Mox said:

Liverpool have form, they're bigger ambulance chasers than we are. Good luck to Mr Duckinfield.

Wow what a scumbag cunt!

Anyhoo it was the higher up folk in the cops, that inexplicably sacked the hugely experienced copper who had been overseeing that particular ground for years, and replaced him with the totally inexperienced dick that was Duckenfield who should have been on charges...

Usual UK judicial whitewash. 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Wow what a scumbag cunt!

Anyhoo it was the higher up folk in the cops, that inexplicably sacked the hugely experienced copper who had been overseeing that particular ground for years, and replaced him with the totally inexperienced dick that was Duckenfield who should have been on charges...

Usual UK judicial whitewash. 

Aye, they had the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. There had been warnings at an earlier semi that were not heeded.

I just feel there is an apparent bloodlust to scapegoat someone for it from the victims families. Unfortunately it won’t bring them back.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, they had the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. There had been warnings at an earlier semi that were not heeded.

I just feel there is an apparent bloodlust to scapegoat someone for it from the victims families. Unfortunately it won’t bring them back.

These crushes are a very weird death trap.

The people at the front are dying, the folk in the middle are totally incapacitated, and the folk at the rear don't sense any crush or have any awareness of the problem.

It is the minute accretion of force that results in compression that can suffocate people standing up.   

This is what leads folk to think the people involved are to blame. They are not. It is very nasty trap and all down to circumstances. 

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

These crushes are a very weird death trap.

The people at the front are dying, the folk in the middle are totally incapacitated, and the folk at the rear don't sense any crush or have any awareness of the problem.

It is the minute accretion of force that results in compression that can suffocate people standing up.   

This is what leads folk to think the people involved are to blame. They are not. It is very nasty trap and all down to circumstances. 

The timeframes involved are quick too. For some reason I always though it was some slow build up, until I actually looked at it. Horriffic.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m not convinced pinning the blame on one guy who was one part of a series of failings, fuck ups, and circumstances leading to the tragedy represents justice, but I’m not an expert on the subject.

That’s how I see it, although I can understand families wanting to see someone take responsibility for what happened. 

3 hours ago, Farcity said:

Simplify this for me. There were several thousand Liverpool fans attempting to access an area that they had no tickets for. Is this accurate or not? Genuine question. 

I don’t think so, Duckinfield lied at the time and said Liverpool fans pushed open Gate C but it was his decision to open it. Once open traffic wasn’t directed to the side pens by the police.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/how-david-duckenfield-trial-left-hillsborough-families-distraught-again

7 hours ago, Farcity said:

Simplify this for me. There were several thousand Liverpool fans attempting to access an area that they had no tickets for. Is this accurate or not? Genuine question. 

That was part of the smear campaign at the time, attempting to blame the Liverpool fans. There may have been some ticketless fans, but would only be a small factor, if at all.

12 hours ago, Farcity said:

Its been proven to be absolute shite. One of many ‘facts’ released in the following days and weeks. Basically the wheels of the cover up  started fairly quickly. 👍 

16 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Its been proven to be absolute shite. One of many ‘facts’ released in the following days and weeks. Basically the wheels of the cover up  started fairly quickly. 👍 

Duckenfield claimed at the time (3.15 on the day) Liverpool fans forced the gate. This wasn’t true. The gates were opened by the police to relieve the crowding outside.

Perhaps his part in the lies starts to explain the need for “justice” in the form of him being held to account.