Casuals - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 7/19/2018 at 4:45 AM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I was only at 84 and 85 , both at hampden

am sure there were english fans at celtic end in both of these ,  but way bigger contingent in 85

i recall the rumour of icf doing the rounds, and was certainly a large group of english casuals walking to the game looking ‘proper tasty’

am sure some UJs down at front behind goal where tony woodcock scored in 84

I was at '84  '85. '87 & '89 games - as stated above England's first sizeable support was probably 1987, there was England fans penned in at the corner of the Celtic end (next to the old main stand), they tried to get out and attack the Scotland fans (probably best for them though that the police blocked all paths to the Scotland fans).

1989 However was an a whole new level - England had a massive following (for them back then) just about every fan who came north looked & sounded that they came up for one sole purpose - there fans caused havoc en-route from the city centre to Hampden (smashing up many boozers in Victoria Road etc), lots of fighting in and around the ground - I do recall hundreds of Scotland fans chasing a mob of English casuals back up the steep staircases and back into the Celtic end & all the while the place was going crazy, it was genuinely pretty mental that day - it is still the worst trouble I have witnessed at the football (and that includes our lot scrapping and causing bother at Wembley in the 70's)

Think there was a good number of stabbing / slashing's - thankfully those days are long gone - although I would say our support back in those days where no angels either and would certainly give as good as they got !!

Hibs-Killie last game of the season when we stayed up at Easter Road in 1994 was fairly wild.

Mind a couple of years later we played Aberdeen last game of the 1996/97 season and I'm sure a policewoman ended up in a coma or in a serious condition at least when Aberdeen casuals attacked a well known Killie boozer. Pretty sure a few did time for that.