Europa league qualifiers - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

Guest faircity

Ufa are rotten but they are missing a hell of an amount of pretty straightforward chances here. I still think the Huns will sneak through. 

27 minutes ago, faircity said:

Ufa are rotten but they are missing a hell of an amount of pretty straightforward chances here. I still think the Huns will sneak through. 

It will be a decent achievement if they get through, but how the duck did they get that draw to get in the group stages!

:lol:

The year Motherwell got pumped off that Icelandic mob, they went on to play Lech Poznan and AC Milan, and they still would’ve had another game if they’d got past Milan.

Guest faircity
1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

It will be a decent achievement if they get through, but how the duck did they get that draw to get in the group stages!

:lol:

The year Motherwell got pumped off that Icelandic mob, they went on to play Lech Poznan and AC Milan, and they still would’ve had another game if they’d got past Milan.

Pretty freakish series of draws admittedly. The whole thing is wrong, Aberdeen would've had Burnley, Istanbul Basaksehir and Olympiakos despite finishing higher and having a superior coefficient. It's just bent. 

Guest faircity
1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

Rangers down to 9 - Flanagan sent off for second yellow

Was the Russian pretending to be his burd or something?

6 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Don't usually agree with you but fair play too your team and comment.

Cheers pal.  We are going to try and win with 8 players next week!  Second one was never a sending of but it all evens out over the season.  It is a psychologist Morrelos needs, not a coach.  Anyhow, draw in Monaco tomorrow.  C'mon the Hibs.

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Cheers pal.  We are going to try and win with 8 players next week!  Second one was never a sending of but it all evens out over the season.  It is a psychologist Morrelos needs, not a coach.  Anyhow, draw in Monaco tomorrow.  C'mon the Hibs.

He needs to go on a night out with McGregor.

4 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Well done Steven Gerrards 9 men

The Morelos incident > click me

Total rocket. That's Morellos, not you Col. Just to avoid any doubt. 😀 

Why some players can't just shut up is beyond me. Mutter under your breath if you need to but don't buy a red by being a dick. 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Morelos does need help with his temperament but on the surface of it that looks a very harsh sending off. 

I wasn’t sure if the initial booking was for kicking the ball away?

Guys a liability!

Flanagans 2nd yellow looked harsh, but then Rangers fans wanted Ryan Bowman banned for life for a similar challenge...

😛

That clip didnt show the whole incident.

He was booked for kicking the ball away, then wouldn't stop harping at the ref, and finally put his hands on the  ref.

Radio Scotland said that other players should have stepped in to usher him away.

Maybe UEFA will rescind it. 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, stirlish said:

He was booked for kicking the ball away, then wouldn't stop harping at the ref, and finally put his hands on the  ref.

Radio Scotland said that other players should have stepped in to usher him away.

It sounded like Taverneir and another player dragged him 10 yards away but he wouldn't shut up. 

Absolute Stupidity and he should be giving any bonus he gets for that game to Shagger and the back 4 for digging him out of a hole. 

31 minutes ago, stirlish said:

He put his hands on the ref after the red card and the two bookings were 2 seconds apart so he was mouthing off to the ref between kicking the ball away him issuing the first card. 

It was a very harsh free kick given against him so I can see why he was frustrated but he has to learn to deal with it properly, there's no need to give the ref any decision to make. I've no idea why the ref was over speaking to the linesman about it, it should have just been a yellow card then get on with things.