Europa league qualifiers - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You’d think there would be exemptions for things like this? Maybe not in he current political climate mind you.

Hopefully they get the paperwork through in time but what were they thinking? They should be travelling Tuesday at the latest before the game so should have arranged the visas last week at the latest. Most teams would probably get visas for both possible opponents when the draw was made weeks ago. 

6 minutes ago, Mee said:

Hopefully they get the paperwork through in time but what were they thinking? They should be travelling Tuesday at the latest before the game so should have arranged the visas last week at the latest. Most teams would probably get visas for both possible opponents when the draw was made weeks ago. 

Aye, I don’t think that would’ve been overly presumptious or costly.

(Motherwell probably cancelled 2 open top buses last season, you have to plan ahead)

Edited by sbcmfc

You would assume that if they were looking like being chipped out of the competition due to a visa issue stopping them fulfilling a tie then the Russians would just ensure that the Rangers team would not be able to receive their visas in time?

I expect that it will be sorted out though.

1 hour ago, Lion Rampant said:

You would assume that if they were looking like being chipped out of the competition due to a visa issue stopping them fulfilling a tie then the Russians would just ensure that the Rangers team would not be able to receive their visas in time?

I expect that it will be sorted out though.

It won't be an issue, and it looks like the media has mis-understood what the Ufa manager said and there was never any doubt.

For you point on Russia ensuring Rangers not being able to get their visa's in time as well that wouldn't matter. My understanding is that if Ufa were not able to get visas then they would have to forefit the tie, not just the first leg so Rangers wouldn't need to travel to Russia so wouldn't need Visa's. Also I am led to believe that Rangers already have their visas sorted.

Edited by theweestevie

Apparently FK Suduva have improved a good bit since we pumped them 10-1 on aggregate a few years ago. Regardless we should be winning this tie home and away, no excuse. I've never even heard of the mob the huns are playing never mind comment on their chances. 

37 minutes ago, slasher said:

Apparently FK Suduva have improved a good bit since we pumped them 10-1 on aggregate a few years ago. Regardless we should be winning this tie home and away, no excuse. I've never even heard of the mob the huns are playing never mind comment on their chances. 

I know what you mean. Ufa aren't a name anyone knows. 

All we can assume is they've got some money, because they're Russian and they aren't too brilliant as they struggled to get passed Progrès. 

On 8/21/2018 at 12:12 AM, GRBear said:

Shouldn't be long till your mob have a song about him being crocked.

That is how you roll... 

Good shout. I'll get penning one for Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, caledonian1 said:

shocking equaliser {saw on STV news}  Defence poor at free kick but once again Gordon coming out without conviction {similar to v Slovenia away}

Celtic's defence has been poor for years - able to get away with it in the league without any real challengers, but it gets found out in Europe.