Europa league qualifiers - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

Anyone able to confirm if the visa process for Belarus is still last my winded?

I remember I think it was Stuart Cosgrove talking about when St Johnston played there that only a few if any St Johnstone fans made it over due to the time it takes to process the visa, unless they went to London to the embassy

Similarly for Russia is a match ticket enough for x-amount of days/hours to let you enter visa free, the same idea as the World Cup

As it’s St Petersburg I know cruise ships are allowed to enter visa free but is it only cruise ships or do passengers on the regular Helsinki - St Petersburg ferry hold the same privileges?

Any Celtc fans who went last season any info? Or any Yinitit fans who were there a few year back

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I remember I think it was Stuart Cosgrove talking about when St Johnston played there that only a few if any St Johnstone fans made it over due to the time it takes to process the visa, unless they went to London to the embassy

Similarly for Russia is a match ticket enough for x-amount of days/hours to let you enter visa free, the same idea as the World Cup

As it’s St Petersburg I know cruise ships are allowed to enter visa free but is it only cruise ships or do passengers on the regular Helsinki - St Petersburg ferry hold the same privileges?

Any Celtc fans who went last season any info? Or any Yinitit fans who were there a few year back

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/russia/entry-requirements - Any Hibs fan wanting to go to St Petersburg is already fucked and that's without knowing if Hibs will play them or not.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/belarus/entry-requirements - It appears that UK citizens can enter Belarus for 30 days without a visa now.

12 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Belarus recently extended their visa free access to the country, but I believe you have to go via a Airport, and its not the same if entering by land.

Passengers who ferry in from Sweden and Finland are exempt from Russian visa's (as its the same process for cruise line passengers) 

30 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I was in St Petersburg and visa was mandatory.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

The Russian Visa place is right next to Easter Road so they might be able to process the applications  quite quickly. My mate said it took him a week to get his for when he went over for the Celtic-Zenit game.

Doubt the proximity would be much of a help. They've got to send it away and you get it registered post when it's ready. As far as I'm aware, the only way you get it sooner is if you pay a bit more and it gets dealt with pronto - had to do that when Celtic played Moscow early in the group and we were stuck for time.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

The Russian Visa place is right next to Easter Road so they might be able to process the applications  quite quickly. My mate said it took him a week to get his for when he went over for the Celtic-Zenit game.

£140 (plus £45 visa) fee, so £180 just to get it done in a rush (not that the standard service is much cheaper, £70 + £38)

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

I'm sure my mate never needed one for Celtic-Zenit as he went with clubs charter and it was waived.

53 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Doubt the proximity would be much of a help. They've got to send it away and you get it registered post when it's ready. As far as I'm aware, the only way you get it sooner is if you pay a bit more and it gets dealt with pronto - had to do that when Celtic played Moscow early in the group and we were stuck for time.

Was just meaning that it would be easier to go to and get the process started rather than having to travel to London.