Europa league qualifiers - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Hard luck on Aberdeen. Over the 90 they more than matched Burnley. In extra time Burnley deserved it.

I think that's true for both legs. If Burnley are the seventh best team in England - then the English Premier League is nowhere near as good as people in England like to make out. The wealth disparity between the teams is vast and for Aberdeen to match Burnley for 180 minutes shows that Aberdeen are doing very well with the budget they have. Ultimately the only real difference between the teams in the two legs was the depth - the only real benefit to Burnley's massively larger budget I can see from these games.

Two stabbed outside Ibrokes tonight, hope they're ok.

Aberdeen were a bit unlucky there. They just seemed to run out of steam in the end. Thought Shinnie was outstanding. Well done to Hibs, 3/4 is no bad in the end 👍

On 6/20/2018 at 10:25 PM, Marky said:

Am I the only person thinking, what the hell are you lot talking about. Burnley will absolutely ride Aberdeen??

Thought I'd do the decent thing and quote myself from a few weeks ago.

I got that spectacularly wrong. Fair play to Aberdeen. Outstanding effort over the two legs and unfortunately just came up a little short.

Currently dining on a very large portion of humble pie.

WTF with the crowd trouble with Rangers and Osijek ?

Croatian casuals ?

Sky sports also report 2 stabbings

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/footage-scene-mass-brawl-breaks-14984659?utm_source=twitter.com