Europa league qualifiers - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

Sounds as if Aberdeen were hanging on for much of the second half? 

But nothing to lose in 2nd leg, hopefully they can nick an away goal

Edited by exile

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Decent results?

Rangers winning away is a good result for them, Hibs winning after being two down is good too (but conceding two away goals may be their downfall in this tie), Aberdeen going to Burnley level is a positive result.

Didn’t think of come away from a draw disappointed, but I am. Had chances to go 2 up, really need a goal scorer/poacher. Tie is still open though, for Scottish football getting constantly slated, we held our own against a team from “the greatest league in the world”

If we do go out, they won’t go much further, were brutal to watch at times. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Didn’t think of come away from a draw disappointed, but I am. Had chances to go 2 up, really need a goal scorer/poacher. Tie is still open though, for Scottish football getting constantly slated, we held our own against a team from “the greatest league in the world”

If we do go out, they won’t go much further, were brutal to watch at times. 

I thought the would be brutal they have have a well honed defensive approach which they use away from home in the EPL and it seemed reasonable to expect they'd do that tonight, the return should be much more open though they'll be fitter.

12 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

You clearly know your stuff.

39 league goals last season, hardly suggests there a goal machine, if you watched the game you would have thought the same as me , pish upfront sleep well the night

14 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I thought the would be brutal they have have a well honed defensive approach which they use away from home in the EPL and it seemed reasonable to expect they'd do that tonight, the return should be much more open though they'll be fitter.

It wasn’t really well honed though, they were just limping it up the park, hitting anything that moved and playing for free kicks for the forst 60 minutes. If that’s what big bucks in the epl is, then I’m glad to watch football up here. 

47 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Decent result but performance overall wasn't brilliant though central defence and McGregor were sound so though we defended a lot we were never in a great deal of trouble.

Aye good result.  Watched it in my local.  The Croatian mob were poor.  Tavernier is a bombscare