Europa league qualifiers - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

Don't think I'd be taking any lectures on fan behaviour off a Motherwell fan that's for sure. I was at Fir Park the night Bobo Balde and Didier Agathe were racially abused for 90 minutes solid by a section of the home support. (and I bet you can all guess which section). Motherwell FC, family club, did nothing and said nothing, either at the time or in the aftermath......scummy lot!

I’d never hold Motherwell’s support up as an example, there’s some idiots follow us, like every team. If you have to go back 15 years for an example maybe we’re better than most....

I’d still be disappointed if that happened and certainly would t be a part of it, although I don’t remember hearing about it at the time.

I wouldn’t have started dishing out kickings, and don’t feel the need to apologise for the behaviour of others just because they support the same team as me.

That said, it’s disappointing and hopefully 15 years on these people are a little more enlightened.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Probably down to personal experience.

There’s more bad blood between Rangers and Aberdeen.

Celtic have trashed the south stand at fir park twice. I think Hearts fans would probably argue the assertion too as they have more bad blood with Celtic (that’s definitely 2 way mind you...)

Nah, it's down to a section of Rangers fans being utter scum. Smashing up a city, singing bigoted songs every away match, giving a new player grief for crossing himself, the club having bigoted signing policy, the club having an annual sash bash, i mean Armed Forces Day. 

Celtic are nowhere near Rangers when it comes to utter cuntery. No matter how much you want to be one of the folk who use the "just as bad as each other" bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d never hold Motherwell’s support up as an example, there’s some idiots follow us, like every team. If you have to go back 15 years for an example maybe we’re better than most....

I’d still be disappointed if that happened and certainly would t be a part of it, although I don’t remember hearing about it at the time.

I wouldn’t have started dishing out kickings, and don’t feel the need to apologise for the behaviour of others just because they support the same team as me.

That said, it’s disappointing and hopefully 15 years on these people are a little more enlightened.

I don't have to go back 15 years. Just a few months ago after the cup final a few of your lot attacked an old boy outside the Tavern for a fag. If you are looking for moral high ground you best tuck away the claret and amber is all I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don't have to go back 15 years. Just a few months ago after the cup final a few of your lot attacked an old boy outside the Tavern for a fag. If you are looking for moral high ground you best tuck away the claret and amber is all I'm saying.

I’m not, Ive never attempted to put the Motherwell support on a pedestal, and I’ve never heard anyone come out and say Motherwell have the greatest fans in the world.

Edited by sbcmfc

41 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You’ve taken my point out of context.

You seem to have homed in very specifically on the racism element.

A Celtic fan giving another Celtic fan a kicking at a game is more likely to be 2 bams off their tits than some sort of self policing.

This self policing certainly wasn’t evident at Sunderland last season or when seats were being ripped up at fir park.

I've "homed" in on it because that's what me and Renfrew were discussing.Not Fir park, Sunderland, people chewing gum too loudly or anything else that you seem to get really upset about.

You're the only person on this thread who has used the term "self policing", I have no idea why.

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Both yourself and Scotty appear to be completely ignorant of the history of the West Coast of Scotland and the Irish Immigrants. 

You are also both apparently ignorant of the origins of both Rangers and Celtic. 

I suggest educating yourselves properly before further embarrassment. 

the only person embarrassing themselves in this thread is you

34 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah, it's down to a section of Rangers fans being utter scum. Smashing up a city, singing bigoted songs every away match, giving a new player grief for crossing himself, the club having bigoted signing policy, the club having an annual sash bash, i mean Armed Forces Day. 

Celtic are nowhere near Rangers when it comes to utter cuntery. No matter how much you want to be one of the folk who use the "just as bad as each other" bullshit. 

This. 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Cmon, laughable thing to say towards him in the context of the thread.

These threads are always hilarious. Decent fans arguing and point scoring about fans who aren’t. 

Fair enough I suppose although it's pretty clear some on here have a superiority complex!

edited to say I'm not naming any names in case he tries to start a dialogue with me 😁

Edited by slasher

32 minutes ago, slasher said:

Fair enough I suppose although it's pretty clear some on here have a superiority complex!

edited to say I'm not naming any names in case he tries to start a dialogue with me 😁

I wouldn't have a superiority complex if I wasn't better than everyone else.....:wink2:

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Wtf are you on about?

Our support only calls out racism if they're off their tits? The same support who hold an anti discrimination football tournament every summer and are known throughout Europe as anti racism and left wing?

Care to explain how you've come to that conclusion?

Anti-racist but pro a bunch of child murdering terrorists, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Both yourself and Scotty appear to be completely ignorant of the history of the West Coast of Scotland and the Irish Immigrants. 

You are also both apparently ignorant of the origins of both Rangers and Celtic. 

I suggest educating yourselves properly before further embarrassment. 

The existence of Rangers and Celtic has slowed the melting pot to the point that it arguably can't exist.

Rangers and Celtic (and other club s to a lesser extent) are used by the opposing tribes as rallying points but to say they are the problem is ridiculous

But saying they NURTURE AND SPOON FEED the problem isn't!

If that was the case there would be no need for an Orange Lodge and similar organisations. 

Masonic doctrine dictates that they worship lucifer.

Having a physical lodge gives them a place for their important ceremonies...

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Scotty CTA

6 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Anti-racist but pro a bunch of child murdering terrorists, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Also a disgrace that Rangers celebrate Armed Forces Day isn't it.  Along with a lot of towns and villages all over Scotland to appreciate what happened in last Century to keep us free.  The town I live in and work in celebrates it.  Like many others including Aberdeen.   But to the majority of posters on here that is sectarian.  Celtic supporters actually hate the country they stay in and want to live in another country (Scotty).  I love the country I stay in and proud of our history.  Good on Rangers and the vast majority for celebrating our country and what it has stood against.  If you don't like it well ,.....

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Also a disgrace that Rangers celebrate Armed Forces Day isn't it.  Along with a lot of towns and villages all over Scotland to appreciate what happened in last Century to keep us free.  The town I live in and work in celebrates it.  Like many others including Aberdeen.   But to the majority of posters on here that is sectarian.  Celtic supporters actually hate the country they stay in and want to live in another country (Scotty).  I love the country I stay in and proud of our history.  Good on Rangers and the vast majority for celebrating our country and what it has stood against.  If you don't like it well ,.....

This is like reading a chapter in Enoch Powell’s memoirs.

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic supporters actually hate the country they stay in and want to live in another country (Scotty)

Well, I don't support Celtic, and I love Scotland (just not the outdated backward small-minded 'shame' part).

(Why else would I have followed the national team home and away over 30 years?)

Emigrated as a boy with my family when I was 8.

None of us had/have any regrets.

Great, great country Canada. 

Wonderful standard of living here.

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I love the country I stay in and proud of our history.  Good on Rangers and the vast majority for celebrating our country and what it has stood against. 

We stood against England.

Problem is that most Rangers 'fans' recognise the U.K. as their country and not Scotland.

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

If you don't like it well ,.....

Leave?

We did, and that seems to be what you're taking issue with.