Europa league qualifiers - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yet more nonsense

The bigotry isn't in the US like it is here because of the very specific historical and social Irish/Scottish clash in Scotland. 

The US didn't have those circumstances and therefore has rampant racism instead based on its history.  

Could I stop you there? :unsure:

Rangers and Celtic are symptoms of the wider problem, not the other way about as you suggest. 

Rangers and Celtic give life to the problem.

For nearly a century and a half they have been the very embodiment of it.

Honestly thought you were smarter than this.

Toronto (Canada) was voted by the U.N. as the most multicultural city in the world.

The Underground Railroad - British North America (present-day Canada), where slavery was prohibited, was a popular destination, as its long border gave many points of access. Most former slaves settled in Ontario. More than 30,000 people were said to have escaped there via the network during its 20-year peak period.

It's as bad as your flat earth shite. 

Well... OK... but the earth is still flat, still motionless, and still enclosed.

16 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You're saying they would get away with that racist pish at Celtic away games because you happen to know a couple of people who would let them away with it.

You really can't see why that is a ridiculous comment?

I didn't say that. I just pointing out that there are scum in every support and suggesting that Celtic's away fans having higher standards is pish from what I've seen. That was your assertion and I was disagreeing. 

Remember you're basing your opinion on one guy at one game. 

Celtic fans threw bananas at Mark Walters but it doesn't mean they were all racists or that the ones that did havent grown up since. 

You're the one with the black and white holier than thou attitude. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers and Celtic are part of a wider problem 😂

thats absolutely brilliant, I love it when Renfrew goes full hun. 

Both yourself and Scotty appear to be completely ignorant of the history of the West Coast of Scotland and the Irish Immigrants. 

You are also both apparently ignorant of the origins of both Rangers and Celtic. 

I suggest educating yourselves properly before further embarrassment. 

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Could I stop you there? :unsure:

Rangers and Celtic give life to the problem.

For nearly a century and a half they have been the very embodiment of it.

Toronto (Canada) was voted by the U.N. as the most multicultural city in the world.

The Underground Railroad - British North America (present-day Canada), where slavery was prohibited, was a popular destination, as its long border gave many points of access. Most former slaves settled in Ontario. More than 30,000 people were said to have escaped there via the network during its 20-year peak period.

Well... OK... but the earth is still flat, still motionless, and still enclosed.

Rangers and Celtic (and other club s to a lesser extent) are used by the opposing tribes as rallying points but to say they are the problem is ridiculous. 

If that was the case there would be no need for an Orange Lodge and similar organisations. 

Try some historical education on Scotlands West Coast and see what you find out. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Both yourself and Scotty appear to be completely ignorant of the history of the West Coast of Scotland and the Irish Immigrants. 

You are also both apparently ignorant of the origins of both Rangers and Celtic. 

I suggest educating yourselves properly before further embarrassment. 

Honestly don’t know why you bother. Even if all that’s true about the clubs etc I still don’t see why decent fans need to apologise or pull up others for their behaviour for a sport about kicking a ball. 

54 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn't say that. I just pointing out that there are scum in every support and suggesting that Celtic's away fans having higher standards is pish from what I've seen. That was your assertion and I was disagreeing. 

Remember you're basing your opinion on one guy at one game. 

Celtic fans threw bananas at Mark Walters but it doesn't mean they were all racists or that the ones that did havent grown up since. 

You're the one with the black and white holier than thou attitude. 

Basing what opinion? I never even mentioned anything to do with Rangers fans other than to say that behaviour would earn you a kicking if it was at a Celtic game.

You're then telling me I am basing my opinion on one guy then at the same time forming yours on a couple of people you claim to know who follow Celtic. Like I said, you're clearly clueless on the subject.

15 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Basing what opinion? I never even mentioned anything to do with Rangers fans other than to say that behaviour would earn you a kicking if it was at a Celtic game.

You're then telling me I am basing my opinion on one guy then at the same time forming yours on a couple of people you claim to know who follow Celtic. Like I said, you're clearly clueless on the subject.

The only reason Celtic fans would give other Celtic fans a kicking at a game is because they’re off their tits.

I think Scotland fans overplay the self policing thing, but to suggest that Celtic fans are self policing is ridiculous.

I can understand how a Rangers fan who mainly goes to Ibrox could be slightly ignorant of how scummy their away support is, but Celtics away support is not far behind.

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The only reason Celtic fans would give other Celtic fans a kicking at a game is because they’re off their tits.

I think Scotland fans overplay the self policing thing, but to suggest that Celtic fans are self policing is ridiculous.

I can understand how a Rangers fan who mainly goes to Ibrox could be slightly ignorant of how scummy their away support is, but Celtics away support is not far behind.

Good post.

I can understand how a Rangers fan who mainly goes to Ibrox could be slightly ignorant of how scummy their away support is,

I couldn't. 

but Celtics away support is not far behind.

Yes it is. Miles behind. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yes it is. Miles behind. 

Probably down to personal experience.

There’s more bad blood between Rangers and Aberdeen.

Celtic have trashed the south stand at fir park twice. I think Hearts fans would probably argue the assertion too as they have more bad blood with Celtic (that’s definitely 2 way mind you...)

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Wtf are you on about?

Our support only calls out racism if they're off their tits? The same support who hold an anti discrimination football tournament every summer and are known throughout Europe as anti racism and left wing?

Care to explain how you've come to that conclusion?

23 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Wtf are you on about?

Our support only calls out racism if they're off their tits? The same support who hold an anti discrimination football tournament every summer and are known throughout Europe as anti racism and left wing?

Care to explain how you've come to that conclusion?

You’ve taken my point out of context.

You seem to have homed in very specifically on the racism element.

A Celtic fan giving another Celtic fan a kicking at a game is more likely to be 2 bams off their tits than some sort of self policing.

This self policing certainly wasn’t evident at Sunderland last season or when seats were being ripped up at fir park.

Don't think I'd be taking any lectures on fan behaviour off a Motherwell fan that's for sure. I was at Fir Park the night Bobo Balde and Didier Agathe were racially abused for 90 minutes solid by a section of the home support. (and I bet you can all guess which section). Motherwell FC, family club, did nothing and said nothing, either at the time or in the aftermath......scummy lot!