Drygate Brewery - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drygate Brewery

Never heard of this place before until I bought a bottle today In Aldi. Cracking Bearface Lager.

Anyhow while googling them I see they do tours and seems like they do good food too so thinking of using it for a lads trip out one Sunday and looking to see if anyone on here thinks it’s as worthwhile as it seems from my first look....??

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Never heard of this place before until I bought a bottle today In Aldi. Cracking Bearface Lager.

Anyhow while googling them I see they do tours and seems like they do good food too so thinking of using it for a lads trip out one Sunday and looking to see if anyone on here thinks it’s as worthwhile as it seems from my first look....??

It's a decent gaff aye, the pub/bar they've got is nice, decent seating area for scran, nice bar up the stairs and they've got two beer gardens if you're lucky enough to visit on a warm day. I haven't done the tour but a few mates have and said it was pretty good. Their lager and IPA is in a good number of bars in Glasgow now, I reckon theres nicer beer out there but it's good gear.

Brewery is really nice and does good food, with markets and events on at weekends, so it does have a habit of getting packed out.

Not done the brewery tour, but you are free to walk around the restaurant bar area where you can see everything getting done behind glass walls.

Its effectively Tennants lager releasing beer under a more Hipster style name.

It's jointly owned by Williams Bros and Tennents so its a smart idea from Tennents as they can get in on the craft beer market without having to use their name that would put people off.  I really like William Bros beers too.

Food is very good but it's not a "lads" hang out.  Nice relaxed place for people who like good beer and food.  Sundays are usually busy with a lot of family events on.

16 hours ago, Alan said:

It's jointly owned by Williams Bros and Tennents so its a smart idea from Tennents as they can get in on the craft beer market without having to use their name that would put people off.  I really like William Bros beers too.

Food is very good but it's not a "lads" hang out.  Nice relaxed place for people who like good beer and food.  Sundays are usually busy with a lot of family events on.

It’s a lads hangout if we all like that type of thing so sounds like it’s ideal. West was great when we did tour except it coincided with orange march. Fucking brain dead cunts spoilt what should have been a great day.