Mark F***** Lawrenson... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark F***** Lawrenson...

The non prime time bbc panel is chronic. A fat Gary Barlow lookalike, A’s has been said by a fellow poster the runt of the Neville litter and some unknown wifey, who tbf speaks a bit of sense 

The jury’s still oot on Didier Drogba 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The non prime time bbc panel is chronic. A fat Gary Barlow lookalike, A’s has been said by a fellow poster the runt of the Neville litter and some unknown wifey, who tbf speaks a bit of sense 

The jury’s still oot on Didier Drogba 

That woman is bbc all over...trying desperately to say that woman’s football is worthwhile. 

On 6/16/2018 at 3:03 PM, macy37 said:

That woman is bbc all over...trying desperately to say that woman’s football is worthwhile. 

Considering how much Gary linekar and shearer get paid and the fact that the BBC keep getting pulled up for gender pay. I imagine the lady will make more from the world cup TV gig than in years of playing 

Heard Ally McCoist doing the same job at the WC the other day.. he seem to have decided that Lawrenson is the ideal and should be replicated. He just mutters criticisms in low tones for 90 minutes.

Great way to ruin any match.

12 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Gabby Yorath - 'in the first 20 minutes England looked world class'.

I mean - WTF???????

Known suggested in the first 25 mins that England's performance was the best so far at the tournament. Obviously he never repeated that assessment again at any other point during the match but then I heard someone else come away with that assessment on the radio this morning. There is delusion and there is insanity. I blame the Brexit culture - if you want something to be the case and say something once and then repeat it, regardless of all other evidence to suggest otherwise, it will start to stick.....

Yes I couldn't believe that remark after 20 minutes that England had been the best team seen so far. FFS they were 1-0 up against Tunisia. If you want real quality football it came from the likes of Spain and Portugal playing against top opponents yet still playing great football. England played good in the first 20 minutes but anything above that and it is deluded thinking.

Picked up on both of those last night. Mental. And the whole second half it was "too hot" apparently.

Lawrenson is just a sneering whining man, adds nothing to the broadcast whatsoever. I don't mind some of the newer "experts" like Keown or Murphy to be honest but he is from a land that time forgot. If they papped Hansen off a few years ago he should have went with him. He must know where the bodies are buried.

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Picked up on both of those last night. Mental. And the whole second half it was "too hot" apparently.

Lawrenson is just a sneering whining man, adds nothing to the broadcast whatsoever. I don't mind some of the newer "experts" like Keown or Murphy to be honest but he is from a land that time forgot. If they papped Hansen off a few years ago he should have went with him. He must know where the bodies are buried.

Lawrenson is like a miserable aged Aunt who attends everything she is invited to but criticises incessantly and implies she is there out of duress. What BBC feels he brings to the table is beyond me. I do concede there is a balance to be struck against over the top cheerleading but that only happens when England play. Every other pundit is happy to lay into every team. 

4 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Known suggested in the first 25 mins that England's performance was the best so far at the tournament. Obviously he never repeated that assessment again at any other point during the match but then I heard someone else come away with that assessment on the radio this morning. There is delusion and there is insanity. I blame the Brexit culture - if you want something to be the case and say something once and then repeat it, regardless of all other evidence to suggest otherwise, it will start to stick.....

Keown!! 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Martin O’Neill talks some shite too. Thankfully for his sake he was a better manager than he is a comedian

He’s a creepy wee cunt tae

👍 Was thinking exactly the same earlier. Ive never liked him, but he is one irritating annoying boring bastard.

Can't stand Lawrenson, all the Nevilles, Ian Wright (worst of all), Martin O'Neill. It really is a pretty dreadful offering.

I do though really like Alex Scott and would be happy to see a lot more of her

2 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Can't stand Lawrenson, all the Nevilles, Ian Wright (worst of all), Martin O'Neill. It really is a pretty dreadful offering.

That bastard Ian Wright is on Fox in the US now. 😡

13 hours ago, buckielugger said:

If you mean that you would like to see more of her analysing games I agree totally and think she has been one of the best quite easily.  Aluko has been ok too and both seemed to have bothered their arse to do some research.  The female commentator was alright too especially compared to Clive Tyldsley.  Only criticism would be she spoke too much which would be easy to attribute to her sex but suspect it is because her background seems to be radio commentary. 

If you mean you want to see more of her in a literal sense though then Google search ‘Alex Scott Womens Health’.  Her thighs are massive!!!

Totally agree that Martin O’Neil is a creepy wee weirdo too.   

Alex Massie, for all his other faults tweeted a short reminder about his experience of Mark Lawrenson the other day

I remind you that I once took Mark Lawrenson to the pub in Dublin. ‘What can I get you?’

‘A white wine spritzer’

‘Er, ok’

In a *Dublin* pub. The man’s a wrong ‘un.

He’s so bad (Mark Lawrenson).

He doesn’t even seem to understand the rules and just drivels utter Pish over and over again. What on earth does he bring to the table?

The penalty Portugal got was on the soft side, but it was a clear foul, he got nowhere near the ball and took Ronaldo out. Without VAR you maybe don’t get that, but how you can watch it back and not see a foul is beyond me.