Glasgow School of Art - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow School of Art

It's a shame what happened but £25M spent went up in flames.  Another £100M? No thanks. Rebuild with a cheaper building.  What's done is done and some of the reaction has been OTT.

Still suspicious how the adjoining building of entertainment venues had empty units and then whoosh up in flames.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 6:22 PM, Alan said:

It's a shame what happened but £25M spent went up in flames.  Another £100M? No thanks. Rebuild with a cheaper building.  What's done is done and some of the reaction has been OTT.

Still suspicious how the adjoining building of entertainment venues had empty units and then whoosh up in flames.

It’s not your money to decide, so fuck off.

7 hours ago, biffer said:

It’s not your money to decide, so fuck off.

what do you mean? isn't it taxpayers' money ?  i genuinely don't know, i'm curious.

I'm usually really for maintaining old buildings that mean something.  This is the first time i've thought that maybe more should be done in other areas.  There's a ton of old buildings in Glasgow that are more visible and in a state of decay.

I know it's a controversial opinion but i've never thought it's all that either.  I've never heard any of my international friends think it was all that great.  you would walk right by it from sauchiehall street and you wouldn't notice it.  and if you did, you'd be embarrassed that it was supposed to be a marvel.  Interior might be something quite different though.

Edited by PapofGlencoe