North America 2026 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

North America 2026

Was the most likely bid to win, it's a really easy decision for FIFA and will mean that there are few issues in the run up to this World Cup.

They've taken a lot of flak for Russia, but thats nothing compared to what it will be like in 4 years time. The last thing they would have wanted would be for them to be going from Qatar to Morocco with questions about stadiums, transport etc.

I quite like World Cups in South and North America. Generally get to see more games as the kick off times tend to be from 5pm onwards.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

48 teams so it should be great. 

I hope we make it. 

Ideally located in one of the East Coast cities too.  Easy to get there with plenty of direct flights and means less hassle travelling to New York for the final when we get there....

Me and my mates started a savings fund for it literally 5 mins ago haha.

Aim is to pay £20-30 a month into it and increase it each year as it gets closer and do it in style. Increase it to £50 a month then more as it gets closer.

Will be a great WC.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

10 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Plenty of flight options between the cities in the US, you would also assume that the group stages would be clustered together to avoid massive distances between games.

That would be the sensible option.

Last time most the venues were grouped together in the North-East of the States, but did one group not have something silly with one group having Pontiac and LA as venues?

Imagine will be 2 venues in Mexico, 2 in Canada and States 8 or so

17 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Last time most the venues were grouped together in the North-East of the States, but did one group not have something silly with one group having Pontiac and LA as venues?

Imagine will be 2 venues in Mexico, 2 in Canada and States 8 or so

According to the BBC, 3 venues in Canada and Mexico, with 10 in the USA (from the cities mentioned on the map)...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJEHp2rKyiVEysjj-n8sO

Edited by Toepoke

6 minutes ago, Boynze said:

final in the azteca surely

You would think, but a lot of talk the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey is the early favorite to hold the final.

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, Fish Supper said:

That will be some travel nightmare getting between games. 

It's incredibley cheap to fly internal in USA and Canada. Worst thing that could happen is you'd need to do a wee border crossing for a cheaper flight depending on next venues. I have free accommodation all over Canada so let's hope we get there and are there rather than USA or Mexico 

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Can we enter CONCACAF for 2026 qualifying?

:lol:

Wonder how many places they will get?

Actually surprised that FIFA have came out in last hour saying they have not actually sat down to discuss if all three should qualify automatically yet when considering the bids.

Statement saying they will clear this up in coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

It's incredibley cheap to fly internal in USA and Canada. Worst thing that could happen is you'd need to do a wee border crossing for a cheaper flight depending on next venues. I have free accommodation all over Canada so let's hope we get there and are there rather than USA or Mexico 

i was quoting Houston Toronto other week and was  500 quid