Tyson Fury - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tyson Fury

Ridiculous decision, Fury won that fight despite the knock downs, the judges clearly went to the scottish refereeing school of corruption😂

Putting the decision to the side, it was a hugely entertaining fight. I can't remember a fighter doing what Fury did in the 12th round, he looked like he was gone and then came back to be the aggressor by going after Wilder. 

If there is a re-match I would like to see wilder come out of america and over to the UK to fight but I doubt he will

Edited by vanderark14

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Fury dealt Wilder a boxing lesson and a thrashing to boot. Compared to Fury, Wilder is a one-trick pony - a big puncher and that is it.

Joshua must have watched that and thought, oh fuck😂

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Joshua must have watched that and thought, oh fuck😂

Yes he must be especially since he lost his invincibility crown so much against Ruiz just two fights ago. I don't see what Joshua offers that Wilder doesn't. Fury fights with his fists and his brain whilst the likes of AJ and Wilder fight merely with their fists and if they don't land a big one they are lost.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes he must be especially since he lost his invincibility crown so much against Ruiz just two fights ago. I don't see what Joshua offers that Wilder doesn't. Fury fights with his fists and his brain whilst the likes of AJ and Wilder fight merely with their fists and if they don't land a big one they are lost.

A little harsh on joshua. He offers more than wilder IMO, maybe not much more.

What joshua offers is the biggest unification fight in british history. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Wilder says he will trigger the rematch clause because.....................wait for it..............his ring walk outfit was the reason he lost 😂

Wilder was all over the place. I thought he'd bust his ear drum so he'd lost all his balance but it seems it was just a cut and it was his heavy costume to blame. I hope he doesn't trigger the rematch, I'd like to see him fight Joshua. Sorry Pammy but Fury would knock your boy out.

8 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Wilder was all over the place. I thought he'd bust his ear drum so he'd lost all his balance but it seems it was just a cut and it was his heavy costume to blame. I hope he doesn't trigger the rematch, I'd like to see him fight Joshua. Sorry Pammy but Fury would knock your boy out.

He has confirmed he will trigger the rematch

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Wilder says he will trigger the rematch clause because.....................wait for it..............his ring walk outfit was the reason he lost 😂

Yes I just read that. Ludicrous and straw-clutching at the best.

He should just of left as that the best boxer won on the night. Going by his in-ring interview he dropped hints about things leading up to the fight but can't see any mention then of the walk-on doing him in. Seems to me it was more a case of him leaving it open for an excuse to come along later - pretty pathetic really. In the first fight it was similar. Fury's skills were sharper and he out-boxed Wilder but the two knockdowns deprived him of the points decision which I still say was wrong.

Wanna bet ? 
wasn’t initially a fan of Fury as a human or fighter. It does help being bigger than all your opponents, but the guy has his head screwed on and a multi generational conditioning in the pugilist game. 
your shout . Give you two to one charity bet . 

On 2/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Joshua will destroy Fury IMO

On 2/28/2020 at 1:17 AM, Shaundy said:

Wanna bet ? 

IMO means "In my Opinion" - I am not making a statement or anything factual

On 2/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

I will say one name - Andy Ruiz. A J has a proven glass chin.

This is an throwaway comment about boxers and it is usually cack

It suggests he cant take a punch which is nonsense - He has taken several

All fighters can be knocked down by one hit if they walk into it 

On 2/25/2020 at 7:50 AM, vanderark14 said:

Shredder regularly managed to battle 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the very same outfit. Piss poor excuse. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:25 PM, Ally Bongo said:

IMO means "In my Opinion" - I am not making a statement or anything factual

This is an throwaway comment about boxers and it is usually cack

It suggests he cant take a punch which is nonsense - He has taken several

All fighters can be knocked down by one hit if they walk into it 

Undisputed World Champions do not get knocked down multiple times by an overweight and far from great boxer like Andy Ruiz. And lest we forget it is not the first time AJ has been knocked down and his chin shown up. Klitschko did it as did Dillan Whyte ands those are just the obvious ones. Also AJ (perhaps not his fault alone) is guilty of dodging the best boxers out there such as Wilder and Fury. Sure his promoter must shoulder the blame too but if AJ really wanted those fights to happen he'd have demanded it and his promoter would have backed down.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Undisputed World Champions do not get knocked down multiple times by an overweight and far from great boxer like Andy Ruiz. And lest we forget it is not the first time AJ has been knocked down and his chin shown up. Klitschko did it as did Dillan Whyte ands those are just the obvious ones. Also AJ (perhaps not his fault alone) is guilty of dodging the best boxers out there such as Wilder and Fury. Sure his promoter must shoulder the blame too but if AJ really wanted those fights to happen he'd have demanded it and his promoter would have backed down.

You're being way too harsh on AJ. Dodging the best boxers? Out of the current Ring top ten heavyweights AJ has fought four (Ruiz, Povetkin, Parker and Whyte, Wilder has fought two (Ortiz and Fury) and Fury has only fought Wilder.  

Heavyweights mostly all get knocked down at some point, but it's how they respond that is key. AJ put in a superb, intelligent performance in the re-match against Ruiz  - regardless how overweight Ruiz was. You mention the shaky moments against Klitschko and Whyte - fights which AJ won. He's avenged everything in the ring.

My money would still be on Fury though.

4 minutes ago, min said:

You're being way too harsh on AJ. Dodging the best boxers? Out of the current Ring top ten heavyweights AJ has fought four (Ruiz, Povetkin, Parker and Whyte, Wilder has fought two (Ortiz and Fury) and Fury has only fought Wilder.  

Heavyweights mostly all get knocked down at some point, but it's how they respond that is key. AJ put in a superb, intelligent performance in the re-match against Ruiz  - regardless how overweight Ruiz was. You mention the shaky moments against Klitschko and Whyte - fights which AJ won. He's avenged everything in the ring.

My money would still be on Fury though.

Okay harsh in some ways but not in others. To be tipped to become an undisputed heavyweight world champion as some are doing on this thread then I expect more than I have seen so far ie not being put down or rocked badly by three different fighters that I can think of. He can punch but for me Fury can and would outbox him. Plus the invincibility cloak fell forever V Ruiz.