Tyson Fury - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tyson Fury

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Just watched the bull shit between Fury and Wilder (Fury just won). Love boxing but what a pair of wankers.  

Fury v wilder next. 

A fight happening as neither are willing or able to agree terms with Joshua. Fury won't get that fight yet as he is not at a suitable level and Wilder like so many US fighters is terrified of fighting outside the comfort blanket of the U S of A.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

A fight happening as neither are willing or able to agree terms with Joshua. Fury won't get that fight yet as he is not at a suitable level and Wilder like so many US fighters is terrified of fighting outside the comfort blanket of the U S of A.

It was getting on my nerves last night listening to the commentators and pundits going on about Fury being the linear champion. I understand they need to hype it up to sell tickets, it's a bit of a pantomime.  I agree Fury is not ready for a world title fight, don't think he ever will be. He needs a fight against a contender and pretty sure he would lose. Also agree about your opinion about Wilder.

As i Said elsewhere i've been expecting Fury to get beat for the better part of a decade and he hasn't yet, so it shows with Fury i know nothing.

Also is Fury the actual lineal champion? Maybe since wladimir klitschko but Lewis retired before getting beat.

He is regarded as the lineal champion as Wlad was before Fury dethroned him. I don't keep up with that so can't explain the exact timeline  as to how this happened but the lineal title was declared vacant and Wlad won it when he defeated Ruslan Chagaev in 2009.

28 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

He is regarded as the lineal champion as Wlad was before Fury dethroned him. I don't keep up with that so can't explain the exact timeline  as to how this happened but the lineal title was declared vacant and Wlad won it when he defeated Ruslan Chagaev in 2009.

Yeah there won't be an unbroken run of "beating the man" the sport is too old.

On a side note liked the stoppage in the Frampton fight, really good corner, I watch MMA and the corners just let their fighters get really fucked up. Eddie Futch throwing in the towel for Frasier while Dundee extorted Ali to go out ihas always been one of the most interesting contrasts in boxing.

17 hours ago, phart said:

Yeah there won't be an unbroken run of "beating the man" the sport is too old.

On a side note liked the stoppage in the Frampton fight, really good corner, I watch MMA and the corners just let their fighters get really fucked up. Eddie Futch throwing in the towel for Frasier while Dundee extorted Ali to go out ihas always been one of the most interesting contrasts in boxing.

yeah really good stoppage from the Aussie fighter's corner. He was about to take some unnecessary serious punishment so their timing was good. As for the Thrilla in Manilla trainers yeah good point on their contrasting stances. Perhaps Dundee thought Ali could make it through another 3 minutes whereas it was getting dangerous for Frazier in terms of completely losing his eyesight if he had been permitted to fight the final round. Futch did the right thing.

Anyway I wrote up the Belfast card if you care to read mate. Cheers

http://nyfights.com/newsworthy/windsor-park-delight-for-carl-frampton/

wrote this piece about the man himself the other day. Hoping to grab an interview with him before he hits camp for the Wilder fight but those MTK managed fighters are a bit funny about talking to any writers these days.

http://nyfights.com/boxing-latest-news/tyson-fury-comeback-is-going-to-plan/

Edited by morrie21
mistake with link

5 hours ago, morrie21 said:

wrote this piece about the man himself the other day. Hoping to grab an interview with him before he hits camp for the Wilder fight but those MTK managed fighters are a bit funny about talking to any writers these days.

Hi, just read your piece on Fury found it interesting. I am a boxing fan and don't believe that i have the knowledge of the sport you have. However, i have to say that i've not been impressed by Fury's comeback fights. It might be his style that doesn't impress me, i'm not sure but i don't think he has shown enough to be a contender again. Would like to see him fight David Price before a championship bout, think that would be an interesting fight.

5 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Good piece of writing. 

Cant help but think Tyson might have eventually bitten off more than he can chew with Wilder. Ive no doubt he can box and move, but Wilder will surely catch him with one decent shot and Tysons chin has been vulnerable  before.

One thing I will say however, every time Tyson has made a promise, he has delivered.  

8 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Hi, just read your piece on Fury found it interesting. I am a boxing fan and don't believe that i have the knowledge of the sport you have. However, i have to say that i've not been impressed by Fury's comeback fights. It might be his style that doesn't impress me, i'm not sure but i don't think he has shown enough to be a contender again. Would like to see him fight David Price before a championship bout, think that would be an interesting fight.

Thanks for reading and that is a perfectly reasonable stance you have regarding the upcoming fight.Timing is everything in boxing so this one has come along at what Wilder and his team will be regarding as the perfect time to face Fury. As you know from reading the piece I think Fury will prevail in this contest but I fully acknowledge that he could be KO'd at any moment from one of Wilders unorthodox bombs. Fight might not look pretty but it is a must watch matchup. Cheers.

8 hours ago, Dairbee said:

Good piece of writing. 

Cant help but think Tyson might have eventually bitten off more than he can chew with Wilder. Ive no doubt he can box and move, but Wilder will surely catch him with one decent shot and Tysons chin has been vulnerable  before.

One thing I will say however, every time Tyson has made a promise, he has delivered.  

Appreciate you reading the piece Dairbee. It's a compelling fight and the case can be made for either man getting the job done in his own way. It all adds up to a must watch event. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2018 at 7:05 AM, morrie21 said:

Appreciate you reading the piece Dairbee. It's a compelling fight and the case can be made for either man getting the job done in his own way. It all adds up to a must watch event. Cheers.

Just watched Bakole v Hunter. Good fight. Must admit Ive never heard of Bakole even though he's from Airdrie via Congo. 

Listening to Ch5, they were dying to slag off Bakole at every opportunity. 

Hunters trainer Rahmin's a blast from the past. 

We could do with more boxing on free to air tv. 

2 hours ago, Dairbee said:

Just watched Bakole v Hunter. Good fight. Must admit Ive never heard of Bakole even though he's from Airdrie via Congo. 

I bet he wishes he was still biding in the Congo.

Edited by Ormond

On 10/13/2018 at 11:08 PM, Dairbee said:

Listening to Ch5, they were dying to slag off Bakole at every opportunity. 

Hunters trainer Rahmin's a blast from the past. 

We could do with more boxing on free to air tv. 

Bakole had fought on the last few Josh Taylor undercards so I was aware of him. This was a step up and a gamble though considering Hunter would bring an awkward style for a fairly slow HW. Bakole's trainer Billy Nelson had been talking him up big style so Cyclone rolled the dice and it didn't pay off. The Cyclone deal with C5 is good for boxing as it gets the sport on terrestrial. The Lee McGregor fight which was on that card earlier in the evening was a good watch. McGregor, 21 from Edinburgh, is now the Commonwealth bantamweight champion. Only had 5 fights but looks one to keep an eye on.

8 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Bakole had fought on the last few Josh Taylor undercards so I was aware of him. This was a step up and a gamble though considering Hunter would bring an awkward style for a fairly slow HW. Bakole's trainer Billy Nelson had been talking him up big style so Cyclone rolled the dice and it didn't pay off. The Cyclone deal with C5 is good for boxing as it gets the sport on terrestrial. The Lee McGregor fight which was on that card earlier in the evening was a good watch. McGregor, 21 from Edinburgh, is now the Commonwealth bantamweight champion. Only had 5 fights but looks one to keep an eye on.

Cheers. 

I watched the McGregor fight afterwards and he put on a performance.

I think its Anthony Yarde on Saturday, BT sport.

There seems to be a few cards going around the country at the moment, and if Id known about the one in Leicester a few weeks ago I would of gone. Im maybe on the wrong websites, but they dont seem to be well advertised. The first I knew about it was when I switched on Box nation.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, morrie21 said:

any idea if the next josh taylor fight is on tv?

On 10/30/2018 at 5:31 PM, vanderark14 said:

any idea if the next josh taylor fight is on tv?

Sorry for delay. Just seen this. Streaming on the WBSS YouTube channel. I have watched all of the World Boxing Super Series action this year via that method and it works perfectly.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, phart said:

As i Said elsewhere i've been expecting Fury to get beat for the better part of a decade and he hasn't yet, so it shows with Fury i know nothing.

It is getting ridiculous now. I have been slagging him since he punched himself in the face. I still think he is rubbish. When will I learn?