Arise Sir Kenny - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Ach, I'm torn. However the subject wouldn't have come up had we shown ourselves to have a bit of self belief 4 years ago. And I am certainly in no position to start making judgements on a Scottish legend.

We'd still have the same monarch, even if we had voted yes.

9 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yes what's yer point, as per usual Scots are happy to bow down to some foreign queen but that's ok he was good at football so we will let him off. Principles are needed if this country wants to be independent and as I expected excuses for this man will come out the woodwork because he happened to be a good football player for us. I said the same of Andy Murray. Anybody who bows down to that shower deserve nothing but contempt.

You are a total moron. The current Queen is actually descended from the Kings and Queens of Scotland. So she actually is our Queen. 

Whether you care for the royal family or not, your attitude is that of a pathetic wee kid. It reeks of inferiority. 

The man has been rewarded for his substantial charity work and you post this shite. 

Congratulations on being the biggest bellend on the boards. 

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Regardless of it being an outdated system it's more these days to do with recognition and there are few who deserve it more

You can still accept the recognition and want Scotland to be politically Independent

See Andy Murray, Sean Canary et al

Should that not be Shorn Canary?

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I thought it was always ' King' Kenny. Why the demotion?

Aye, that's what I was thinking. He should be the one dishing out the honours, if anyone has to. This is just typical of the british state to downgrade high achieving Scots in order to continue with the subjugation.  Fukin parasites. 

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, that's what I was thinking. He should be the one dishing out the honours, if anyone has to. This is just typical of the british state to downgrade high achieving Scots in order to continue with the subjugation.  Fukin parasites. 

So the big question is, would it be King Kenny or President Kenny as Head of State when Scotland gets independence?

Lets not forget Sir William Wallace

Also i'm not sure the current Royal Family are descendents of any previous Scottish King or Queen

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You are a total moron. The current Queen is actually descended from the Kings and Queens of Scotland. So she actually is our Queen. 

Whether you care for the royal family or not, your attitude is that of a pathetic wee kid. It reeks of inferiority. 

The man has been rewarded for his substantial charity work and you post this shite. 

Congratulations on being the biggest bellend on the boards. 

I like to think for myself, I have no queen, I don't need some unelected person ruling over me. If you like that kind of thing perhaps you are the one who needs to grow up. The British monarchy are disgrace to a modern civilized society. If Kenny wants to accept a knighthood from them then sadly he has lost a lot of respect I had for the guy. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I like to think for myself, I have no queen, I don't need some unelected person ruling over me. If you like that kind of thing perhaps you are the one who needs to grow up. The British monarchy are disgrace to a modern civilized society. If Kenny wants to accept a knighthood from them then sadly he has lost a lot of respect I had for the guy. 

In what sense are you ruled over by the queen?

14 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

… and how does having a monarch prevent anyone thinking for themselves?

5 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

In what sense are you ruled over by the queen?

Her and her wee tribe have ruled over ppl for centuries causing mostly misery for normal people. She probably has very little bearing over my life today but she is still head of state and she swallows up disgusting amounts of public money and has influence over the country when really she should have none. Monarchy is a fine example of what's wrong with society and the inequalities they represent.

3 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

… and how does having a monarch prevent anyone thinking for themselves?

Well do you want someone and their family who is unelected in charge of you and all yer future generations. If so then you defo have a problems being able to think for yourself.

34 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Also i'm not sure the current Royal Family are descendents of any previous Scottish King or Queen

The queen is a direct descendent of James VI eldest daughter  (who was also called Liz)

Edited by Toepoke

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well do you want someone and their family who is unelected in charge of you and all yer future generations. If so then you defo have a problems being able to think for yourself.

I do think for myself, honestly. She's not 'in charge' of me. She's a constitutional monarch - same as in Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark - most of northern Europe. What's the point of having an elected apolitical head of state? It simply causes a potential democratic clash with the elected government. There's no inherent advantage in increasing layers of democracy.

42 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Really? Yes they are.

14 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The queen is a direct descendent of James VI eldest daughter  (who was also called Liz)

Obviously i am aware of the narrative

It just seems all too convenient

Things like this

https://www.express.co.uk/news/history/542802/The-Queen-royal-throne-DNA-shock-Richard-III-genetic-discovery

28 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Obviously i am aware of the narrative

It just seems all too convenient

Things like this

https://www.express.co.uk/news/history/542802/The-Queen-royal-throne-DNA-shock-Richard-III-genetic-discovery

:lol: :lol:  Aye, slap us down with an Express story. You were talking about their being 'descendants' - we don't need the Express to tell us that the current monarch isn't a 'direct' descendant, as in pure primogeniture. That's what the whole Act of Settlement was about.