Scottish player transfers - Page 70 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 8/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, wanderer said:

Bayern signed 20 year old New Zealand international Sarpreet Singh during the summer, and it certainly grabbed the headlines over there, only for him to be put in the Bayern II side, which I imagine Henderson will be the same, and will be playing in 3. Liga this season against the likes of  Kaiserslautern, 1860 Munich, Hansa Rostock etc... but certainly being within the Bayern umbrella will certainly prove beneficial to him.

Wasn't Singh on the bench for Bayern the other day? He also played a bit for them in the Audi cup which I watched 10 days ago. He might get a game or two.

Word of caution though...about 10 years ago Bayern signed a very promising English forward called Dale Jennings. Think he was 19 and playing well for Tranmere. Never broke through at Bayern, homesick, injuries etc and wasn't even a regular for their second team. Came back to England, played for a few clubs and is semi retired now, just lost his love for the game.

No issue with players going out and giving it a true but it's certainly longer odds on him breaking through than if he stayed at Celtic.

11 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Wasn't Singh on the bench for Bayern the other day? He also played a bit for them in the Audi cup which I watched 10 days ago. He might get a game or two.

Word of caution though...about 10 years ago Bayern signed a very promising English forward called Dale Jennings. Think he was 19 and playing well for Tranmere. Never broke through at Bayern, homesick, injuries etc and wasn't even a regular for their second team. Came back to England, played for a few clubs and is semi retired now, just lost his love for the game.

No issue with players going out and giving it a true but it's certainly longer odds on him breaking through than if he stayed at Celtic.

Certainly used him in the Audi Cup, but plan certainly is for him to be in the Bayern Munich II side this season (he was play for them the other day) and looking at their squad, quite a fair few international (both full and youth caps) in their squad (Ghana, Latvia etc... plus Dutch, Austria, German, Polish etc....) so looks like Morrison is certainly going to have to fight for his place

22 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Looks like Fraser Hornby is off to Belgian top flight on loan. Wasn't in 23s or full team squad tonight, so I reckon it must have gone through. Hope he gets game time! 

Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking about Hornby. Calvert-Lewin is dreadful. I'd have Hornby over Calvert-Lewin any time.

38 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking about Hornby. Calvert-Lewin is dreadful. I'd have Hornby over Calvert-Lewin any time.

Yeah I was hoping he'd be getting a go in the Everton full team this season, but that's a bit unrealistic. Would be great for him to get some game time in the Jupiler League this season. 

7 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Yeah I was hoping he'd be getting a go in the Everton full team this season, but that's a bit unrealistic. Would be great for him to get some game time in the Jupiler League this season. 

He's a good player. Hopefully he gets a good season under his belt, bangs in the goals and stays clear of injuries.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, PASTA Mick said:

I think he is better than some of the wingers they've brought in. 

He’s far too inconsistent. A lot of wingers struggle with consistency in fairness but he is particularly bad for it. 

When he’s good he’s excellent but when he’s bad he’s a liability. I was hoping Gerrard and his team would be able to develop him but he’s either not responded to their coaching or they weren’t capable of doing it and took the easy way out and replaced him. 

56 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Not a Scottish transfer but Andreas Pereira linked to Celtic. If he does join Celtic, and he rips up the SPL, that will put Christie and MacGregor and Forrest's abilities truly under the spotlight.

Andreas Pereira has been been hopeless every single time he's put on a Manchester United shirt.

Give it a rest FFS.  😴

Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'll think about it...

No.

For every good point you make you unfortunately slaver the same utter pish about 9 or 10 times.  Being the most boring **** on a board that contains the likes of bonny78 is quite an accolade.  Congrats.  

16 minutes ago, daviebee said:

For every good point you make you unfortunately slaver the same utter pish about 9 or 10 times.  Being the most boring **** on a board that contains the likes of bonny78 is quite an accolade.  Congrats.  

I have as much right to post as anyone. You don't like it? You don't like what I have to say? 

That's 100% your issue and 100% not mine.

Personally I've never noticed you of your posts, make of that what you will. :)

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Not a Scottish transfer but Andreas Pereira linked to Celtic. If he does join Celtic, and he rips up the SPL, that will put Christie and MacGregor and Forrest's abilities truly under the spotlight.

Andreas Pereira has been been hopeless every single time he's put on a Manchester United shirt.

Not sure if you go to any of Scotland's games, home or away. I just hope if you do i'm not sitting next to you. I respect your opinions but god you make a Valium look like an upper.

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure if you go to any of Scotland's games, home or away. I just hope if you do i'm not sitting next to you. I respect your opinions but god you make a Valium look like an upper.

Nope. I actually make a good point.

People seem to put major stock in what those do up here so it would be interesting to see what a Manchester flop could do in the SPL.

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I have as much right to post as anyone. You don't like it? You don't like what I have to say? 

You actually don't have the right to post as you were banned for being a boring, annoying erse.  It's only the fact that the mods appear to have given up that's keeping this incarnation of yours on the TAMB.

As I said, you make the occasional good point.  Trouble is, you then keep on making it again and again.  FFS you sound like my ex when a cupboard door needed sorting.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, daviebee said:

You actually don't have the right to post as you were banned for being a boring, annoying erse.  It's only the fact that the mods appear to have given up that's keeping this incarnation of yours on the TAMB.

As I said, you make the occasional good point.  Trouble is, you then keep on making it again and again.  FFS you sound like my ex when a cupboard door needed sorting.  :lol: 

I was? First that I've heard of it. Was it rescinded?

I don't recall ever saying "I wonder how Andreas Pereira would fare in Scotland". In fact I'll go on record and say that, apart from today, I've never said that, wrote that or thought of that In my entire life.

i think you're mistaking me for someone else. Someone who cares, probably. I'm afraid it's not me.

5 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Might spoil the narrative but he was good in his La Liga loan spells for Granada and Valencia so would be an excellent loan signing for Celtic.

Don't see him going out on loan anyway as Man. United are well short in central midfield beyond McTominey and Pogba.

18 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

In the DR article, it is written as if they have no facts that's he's going to Celtic apart from putting 2+2 together. They then handily mention at the bottom, he's most likely at the match watching the loan hearts goalie as they're best mates. Absolutely shite journalism

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

19 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Technically you don't since you were barred and made up a duplicate account.