Scottish player transfers - Page 55 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

30 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Fraser Hornby going on loan to Blackpool for the season.

As far as I understand this is far from confirmed, but they have at least enquired along with multiple other clubs? Would be great to see him getting some first team action this season. 

Meanwhile, Liam Morrison has officially signed for Bayern Munich. Let's keep an eye on that! 

40 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'm bemused that Manchester United haven't shown an interest. He's twice the player Luke Shaw is.

Arsenal play three at the back, so he'll probably have to get used to playing wing-back.

I thought they were forced to play 3 at the back because Kolasinac couldn't play as a proper full back? 

7 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I thought they were forced to play 3 at the back because Kolasinac couldn't play as a proper full back? 

Maybe. To be honest I'm not sure.

What I am sure is that Arsenal are in a mini crisis at the moment. Koscielny wants out and the fans want Mustafi out.

I've read the story and it says Arsenal will offer one payment and the add-ons will lead up to £25m. I doubt Celtic will accept that.

Hopefully Napoli or Man United make an acceptable bid.

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Maybe. To be honest I'm not sure.

What I am sure is that Arsenal are in a mini crisis at the moment. Koscielny wants out and the fans want Mustafi out.

I've read the story and it says Arsenal will offer one payment and the add-ons will lead up to £25m. I doubt Celtic will accept that.

Hopefully Napoli or Man United make an acceptable bid.

Arsenal are definitely in a weak position financially, but I can see Celtic taking that kind of offer. Especially for a lad they have almost crocked through what is tantamount to professional malpractice. 

6 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Arsenal are definitely in a weak position financially, but I can see Celtic taking that kind of offer. Especially for a lad they have almost crocked through what is tantamount to professional malpractice. 

I think it's paper talk. They've also been linked to bid of £70m for Nicolas Pepe, only for his agent to dismiss it as lies.

Arsenal seem to be releasing fake news in order to appease their fans. The timing of this new Tierney bid is bizarre, as he'll be out injured till next month or so.

10 hours ago, Rohan said:

Arsenal have met Celtics valuation for Kieran Tierney 

If Arsenal are prepared to offer the reported £25 million on the back of a season where Tierney was injured and which subsequently affected his performance, we should bite their hands off. 

13 minutes ago, daviebee said:

How would Tierney get through a medical?

It is unsound to sign a player in such a condition as Tierney is currently in but there are rare occasions when it has happened.

About nine or ten years ago, Aston Villa signed Stewart Downing from Middlesbrough when he was still on crutches.

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Even the Daily Record are mocking Arsenal with their "Arsenal yet to come to terms with Celtic over £25m fee" headline.

Tierney will be a Celtic player for the entirety of this season unless Arsenal stop screwing around.

I am starting to think Tierney will be at Celtic for another season

10 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I am starting to think Tierney will be at Celtic for another season

He'll only get a move if he either digs in and downs tools or lets his contract run up. I don't think he'd do the first.

Celtic won't accept a penny less than £25m and I can't see a team shell out £25m for a Scottish based Scot.

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Swansea City turn down Sheffield United's £15m bid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48990072

Swansea want £20m.

We're Scottish, so we aren't really in the modern football bubble as far as transfer money goes. In my opinion he's worth £2m. But the modern football world multiplies it by 20.

If McBurnie is worth £20m then god only knows how much Dalglish, Law, etc, were worth.

Besides, Hornby looks a better prospect than McBurnie.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Really would be good if something could happen with Ryan Fraser.

I think both the club and the player are happy to run down his contract. Which is bad for Aberdeen as they were due a percentage of the sell-on fee.