Scottish player transfers - Page 53 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

5 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ross McCrorie snubs the chance to join Sunderland on a season-long loan, preferring to joining Portsmouth on loan instead. With an option to buy.

We need so many payers, it'll be nice to have an anchorman, so let's hope he has a great season.

I thought he looked really good when he first broke through at rangers and I am surprised he's being loaned out especially to a league 1 side. Would of hoped a championship side or first team football at rangers would be his level by now. Can't see him getting called up for Scotland for a while until he plays at a higher standard.

16 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I thought he looked really good when he first broke through at rangers and I am surprised he's being loaned out especially to a league 1 side. Would of hoped a championship side or first team football at rangers would be his level by now. Can't see him getting called up for Scotland for a while until he plays at a higher standard.

He’s 21 and Rangers have a very strong pool of midfielders. He’ll be guaranteed a start in league 1 but not necessarily the Championship, so that would be too risky for a loan. The option to buy is paper talk and going by his interview, seems wide of the mark. He has a burning ambition to play for Scotland, which is refreshing. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

20 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

His immediate fate at Rangers was sealed the day Gerrard signed Glen Kamara. 

McCrorie is a good player and has played lots of games for Rangers but Gerard prefers Kamara to him so if he wanted regular first team football he had to leave. 

Gerrard said as much in an interview last week. 

If I was McCrorie I would have preferred a permanent move but maybe nobody came in for him. Or maybe he still thinks he has a future at Ibrox. Either way he’s not ready for a call up to the Scotland squad but he could be an important player for us in future if he manages his career properly. 

Sitting on the bench at Ibrox or playing in League One in England isn’t exactly fantastic at this stage of his career. 

54 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

His immediate fate at Rangers was sealed the day Gerrard signed Glen Kamara. 

McCrorie is a good player and has played lots of games for Rangers but Gerard prefers Kamara to him so if he wanted regular first team football he had to leave. 

Gerrard said as much in an interview last week. 

If I was McCrorie I would have preferred a permanent move but maybe nobody came in for him. Or maybe he still thinks he has a future at Ibrox. Either way he’s not ready for a call up to the Scotland squad but he could be an important player for us in future if he manages his career properly. 

Sitting on the bench at Ibrox or playing in League One in England isn’t exactly fantastic at this stage of his career. 

If he gets 40 games in midfield this season it will do him the world of good. There’s still a fair chance he’ll end up Scotland captain one day. Kamara is a very silky player and not directly comparable but Aribo could be a different matter. 

23 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Same standard as the SPL unfortunately 

29 minutes ago, borojock said:

Same standard as the SPL unfortunately 

This is true but we don't really call up alot of central midfielders from the spl aside from Celtic who clearly a level above the rest of Scottish football right now. Hes not going to get a call up while playing league 1, if he stayed at rangers and was playing every week he might of got a call up.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

This is true but we don't really call up alot of central midfielders from the spl aside from Celtic who clearly a level above the rest of Scottish football right now. Hes not going to get a call up while playing league 1, if he stayed at rangers and was playing every week he might of got a call up.

The loan is for the best, it’ll be the making of him.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'd go back and check it if I were you.

Since when is twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine pence a world record?

2003 called, they want their world transfer fee record back. 

I'd go back and check how you wrote that number out the first time if I were you. (Hint: It's in the bit I first quoted you on)

Edited by RightPeg

2 hours ago, RightPeg said:

I'd go back and check how you wrote that number out the first time if I were you. (Hint: It's in the bit I first quoted you on)

I wrote:  £24,999,999.99

You wrote: £24,999,999,99,000,000

Two totally different numbers. Plus you missed out the 99p.

19 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You were wrong, every one on here can see it just admit it and move on.

But you tend to ignore things when you are proven wrong making this is a strange case.

13 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You were wrong, every one on here can see it just admit it and move on.

But you tend to ignore things when you are proven wrong making this is a strange case.

£24,999,999.99 is twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine pence.

If you think that's wrong then fair enough. It just seems rather contrarian to me.

I don't mind being wrong, in fact it's a great learning experience. In this case, though, I'm correct.

</topic>

53 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

you wrote £24,999.999.99 million

To make it as simple as possible in your world £5 million is a fiver

Edited by ceudmilefailte

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

you wrote £24,999.999.99 million

To make it as simple as possible in your world £5 million is a fiver

Actually I wrote £24,999,999.99m. Which is something that I stand by. The "m" belongs to the first couple of digits.

I think we both know that I could run all day with this - my natural inclination is to do so - but if I do I'll be reported for winning an argument. Wouldn't be the first time.

So, i'll let it lie. :)

Kai Kennedy, the 17 yo Rangers left winner is linked with Roma. In recent weeks our players have been linked to Roma and Bayern Munich. Who know, maybe the massive tide has turned and we're now producing good players...

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Looks like he has gone to their academy rather than their first team squad. 

Yes, I imagine that it will be a similar situation as Aidan Fitzpatrick, where its a signing with one eye on the future, rather than in first team plans for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sun has Stuart Findlay as a £500k target for Oxford.

Gave me a giggle when I read that.

Not sure if I laughed loudest at the figure or the team.

Laugh all you like but Oxford get similar crowds to Killie but can afford to pay out that much because of the trickle-down effect of the EPL.