Scottish player transfers - Page 48 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

Read somewhere that Celtic are looking at the lad Aberdeen had on loan last year, certainly seems they are preparing for life after KT...

I expect most clubs have players in mind for every position, just in case they need to fill it. 

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

Norwich have had a £300k bid for Aiden Fitzpatrick rejected by the Jags. Must admit I hadn't heard of him before now. Any good? 

Not sure but he it sounds like they've been after him a while. They've had bids rejected in previous windows.

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

Telegraph are reporting Arsenal are coming back with £18million for Tierney. We'll see... 

It'd be an interesting wee conundrum for Steve Clarke if Arsenal signed both Tierney and Fraser, assuming they're still at least a wee bit keen on the latter.

7 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Norwich have had a £300k bid for Aiden Fitzpatrick rejected by the Jags. Must admit I hadn't heard of him before now. Any good? 

Gosh, he struggles to get into our first team. Bonkers that the amount is the same we got for Lindsay.

Potential, but that is all at this stage. Does well in some matches with a few late winners / contributions from the bench.

Expect him to be in under 23s for a while if this transfer goes through. Hopefully it works for him but would be better staying at Firhill and establishing himself.

36 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Liam Lindsay gone to Stoke for £2M rising to £2.5M. 

Another young centre back, and one that can’t even make the squad.

Surely at least 2 will step up to the standard required to qualify for tournaments. 

I thought Lindsay was being  to a move to Italy. Stoke's a bit of a let down.

53 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I thought Lindsay was being  to a move to Italy. Stoke's a bit of a let down.

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Liam Lindsay gone to Stoke for £2M rising to £2.5M. 

Another young centre back, and one that can’t even make the squad. 

Surely at least 2 will step up to the standard required to qualify for tournaments. 

So he could be lining up with Harry Souttar. If so, then it would be galling we let the latter go to Australia when we could have had a ready-made partnership.

15 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

So he could be lining up with Harry Souttar. If so, then it would be galling we let the latter go to Australia when we could have had a ready-made partnership.

If a player draps their drawers and bends over for another country at the first opportunity does he really want to play for Scotland? Australia can have him. 

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Signing Lindsay will put Souttar further down the pecking order at Stoke. Liam has played a season in the championship ( relegated but did well ) and a first choice in an automatically promoted league one club. Souttar has done what exactly to merit a call up to any age group?

23 hours ago, daviebee said:

It'd be an interesting wee conundrum for Steve Clarke if Arsenal signed both Tierney and Fraser, assuming they're still at least a wee bit keen on the latter.

Why would that be a conundrum for Clarke?

2 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I'm assuming they mean if Tierney & Fraser went on to form an effective partnership down the left side for Arsenal then what would that mean for Robbo.

Exactly.  I keep hoping that some manager will convert Tierney into something else.  Didn't Rogers say he reckoned he'd end up as a centre-half?  That'd solve a few problems in one go.  :lol:  

For the avoidance of doubt - Andy Robertson is Scotland's best left-back by a mile IMO.  In fact I reckon he could do a turn just about anywhere.  But if we had a ready-made cracking club partnership playing blinders every week down the left, what then?  Most teams love the problem of trying to fit good players into a side but it's a fkin nightmare for us!

4 hours ago, csinclair said:

I'm assuming they mean if Tierney & Fraser went on to form an effective partnership down the left side for Arsenal then what would that mean for Robbo.

4 hours ago, daviebee said:

Exactly.  I keep hoping that some manager will convert Tierney into something else.  Didn't Rogers say he reckoned he'd end up as a centre-half?  That'd solve a few problems in one go.  :lol:  

For the avoidance of doubt - Andy Robertson is Scotland's best left-back by a mile IMO.  In fact I reckon he could do a turn just about anywhere.  But if we had a ready-made cracking club partnership playing blinders every week down the left, what then?  Most teams love the problem of trying to fit good players into a side but it's a fkin nightmare for us!

Robertson is certainly our best LB at the moment but who’s to say Tierney won’t go down to London and do what Robertson has done?

In all honestly Robertson doesn’t exactly play for Scotland the way he does for Liverpool so if Tierney is a success at Arsenal (even without Fraser being there) then Clarke will have a major headache anyway. 

With any luck Tierney will end up as a centre half or RB at Arsenal but I have a feeling we’re not that lucky. 

For some weird reason English based pundits and fans think that all twenty teams in the EPL are world class, therefore, you have to be world class to be able to play against them: Wolves, West Ham, Norwich, Sheffield United, Southampton, Newcastle, Watford, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Aston Villa, Brighton, Leicester, Everton aren't exactly massive clubs who do anything in Europe.

Just last season Burnley got knocked out of the play off stages of the Europa league by mighty Greek team Olympiacos, the season before last Everton were knocked out during the group stages. a year before that West Ham went the same was as Burnley when they got knocked out at the play off stages by the mighty Romanian team Astra Giurgiu, a year earlier than that Southampton got beat at the play off stages by Denmark's Midtjylland.

So, in three out of the previous four seasons EPL clubs have failed to reach the group stages of the Europa League because of a Greek club, a Romanian club and a Danish club. 

Why does everyone rate the EPL so highly? Yes, the top 6 are awesome and mega rich, but the other 14 teams are rather mediocre, and for the money that they generate, they ought to be embarrassed.

Honestly, I'd rather he went to La Liga or Serie A. 

9 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

For some weird reason English based pundits and fans think that all twenty teams in the EPL are world class, therefore, you have to be world class to be able to play against them: Wolves, West Ham, Norwich, Sheffield United, Southampton, Newcastle, Watford, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Aston Villa, Brighton, Leicester, Everton aren't exactly massive clubs who do anything in Europe.

Just last season Burnley got knocked out of the play off stages of the Europa league by mighty Greek team Olympiacos, the season before last Everton were knocked out during the group stages. a year before that West Ham went the same was as Burnley when they got knocked out at the play off stages by the mighty Romanian team Astra Giurgiu, a year earlier than that Southampton got beat at the play off stages by Denmark's Midtjylland.

So, in three out of the previous four seasons EPL clubs have failed to reach the group stages of the Europa League because of a Greek club, a Romanian club and a Danish club. 

Why does everyone rate the EPL so highly? Yes, the top 6 are awesome and mega rich, but the other 14 teams are rather mediocre, and for the money that they generate, they ought to be embarrassed.

Honestly, I'd rather he went to La Liga or Serie A. 

The exact same thing can be said about the two leagues you’ve mentioned. In fact, Spain is arguably worse in that they only have 4 massive teams with the rest being mediocre to pish. Italy isn’t much better.

England would be a great move for Tierney  as long as it’s one of the top teams he goes to.