Scottish player transfers - Page 43 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Money is not the issue. This little twat thinks he can tell us what he thinks is he is worth? One good season with Motherwell and he thinks he is Lionel fucking Messi? Prove you are worth 20k a week. Then you may get it.. Fuck him anyway..

Messi gets paid £500k per week. 

Oh dear. Enough said. Overrated.🤣

Haha yeah, I can't even understand what £1k per week would be like! 

Anyway, I really hope Turnbull is holding out for first team football rather than cash. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Or Celtic have the money and say he is not worth it? In that case Turnbull is right. No point going to a club where he is not valued.

I understand what you are saying mate. How much would the likes of Mikey Johnston, Ryan Christie, Tom Rognic be on a week? I have no probs paying someone 20k a week, but hey pal, this is not Motherwell you are walking into, its Celtic. Big boots to fill kiddo. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I understand what you are saying mate. How much would the likes of Mikey Johnston, Ryan Christie, Tom Rognic be on a week? I have no probs paying someone 20k a week, but hey pal, this is not Motherwell you are walking into, its Celtic. Big boots to fill kiddo. 

End of the day we shall see what he is worth by how his career pans out. Football is a gamble for clubs but evidently Celtic do not want to gamble here and they will miss out just like they did in different circumstances on Andy Robertson.

33 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

End of the day we shall see what he is worth by how his career pans out. Football is a gamble for clubs but evidently Celtic do not want to gamble here and they will miss out just like they did in different circumstances on Andy Robertson.

Aye, watch him turn out to be the Scottish Messi knowing our luck. 🤣

Aye, watch him turn out to be the Scottish Messi knowing our luck. 🤣

Well lets hope for Scotland's sake he is.

Me speaking purely from a Scotland supporter's point of view Turnbull going to Celtic would mean one Scotland international midfielder not getting regular first team football. Celtic have Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor, James Forrest and Oliver Burke already there battling for starting spots which they are missing out on. Turnbull moving there would be detriment to at least one potential Scotland international.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well lets hope for Scotland's sake he is.

Me speaking purely from a Scotland supporter's point of view Turnbull going to Celtic would mean one Scotland international midfielder not getting regular first team football. Celtic have Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor, James Forrest and Oliver Burke already there battling for starting spots which they are missing out on. Turnbull moving there would be detriment to at least one potential Scotland international.

Well he is supposed to be that good. 3 million from Motherwell? For Scotlsnds sake I hope he turns out a cracking player to be honest..

Well he is supposed to be that good. 3 million from Motherwell? For Scotlsnds sake I hope he turns out a cracking player to be honest..

Point is if he is to be a future Scotland player and star he needs regular first team football to develop. I'd sooner he did that at a club where he wasn't keeping fellow Scotland internationals out of the side stinting their development.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Point is if he is to be a future Scotland player and star he needs regular first team football to develop. I'd sooner he did that at a club where he wasn't keeping fellow Scotland internationals out of the side stinting their development.

Then Celtic sign him and loan him back to Motherwell for a season. Everybody wins. Fuck I'm smart 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

Apparently Barnsley have agreed a fee of £2 million with Stoke City for Liam Lindsay. Seems more reasonable than the £1 million Brescia were offering. Could be a good move for him.

I would expect Lindsay to leave during this transfer window, Barnsley seemingly interested in Jason Kerr of St Johnstone

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

Apparently Barnsley have agreed a fee of £2 million with Stoke City for Liam Lindsay. Seems more reasonable than the £1 million Brescia were offering. Could be a good move for him.

£2 million + £500,000 in add-ons

Look's like Barnsley can't afford to keep players with only one year left of their contract and Celtic can't compete with mid table championship teams in the transfer market.

48 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

£2 million + £500,000 in add-ons

Look's like Barnsley can't afford to keep players with only one year left of their contract and Celtic can't compete with mid table championship teams in the transfer market.

Tbf I don't think Celtic rate him highly enough to spend 2+million. They could of bought him from Partick thistle for 400k a couple of years ago but never bothered then. Stoke might be a good move as they are usually in the epl and could push next year for promotion.

11 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf I don't think Celtic rate him highly enough to spend 2+million. They could of bought him from Partick thistle for 400k a couple of years ago but never bothered then. Stoke might be a good move as they are usually in the epl and could push next year for promotion.

He seems to have been caught for pace in League 1, so that probably explains his low valuation. 

Lots of press linking Turnbull with Sheffield Wednesday over the last 24 hours.
Would rather see him go there than Celtic, as every game's a challenge and he's likely to be a starter.

Wednesday did well under Bruce the last few months of the season, so are probably dark horses for promotion. Would be great to have another young Scottish midfielder going up to the big league.

Only problem with the story is i didn't think the club had anything like 3m to throw around.. but maybe at 19 they figure Turnbull's enough of an investment to be work finding the money from somewhere.

24 minutes ago, andyD said:

Lots of press linking Turnbull with Sheffield Wednesday over the last 24 hours.
Would rather see him go there than Celtic, as every game's a challenge and he's likely to be a starter.

Wednesday did well under Bruce the last few months of the season, so are probably dark horses for promotion. Would be great to have another young Scottish midfielder going up to the big league.

Only problem with the story is i didn't think the club had anything like 3m to throw around.. but maybe at 19 they figure Turnbull's enough of an investment to be work finding the money from somewhere.

It does seem fairly likely he could be sold on at a big profit if £3 million is the cost. 

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He seems to have been caught for pace in League 1, so that probably explains his low valuation. 

You could say he has been caught for pace in the English third division, He looked pretty good in the SPL though, but then it is a totally different style of play we have in Scotland, a bit more like Serie A perhaps.

I'm not sure if a £400,00  SPL player being sold by an English third division team for £2.5 million is a drop in value but I guess we will find out if any one in the championship wants to spend much more on any of our central defenders.

52 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You could say he has been caught for pace in the English third division, He looked pretty good in the SPL though, but then it is a totally different style of play we have in Scotland, a bit more like Serie A perhaps.

I'm not sure if a £400,00  SPL player being sold by an English third division team for £2.5 million is a drop in value but I guess we will find out if any one in the championship wants to spend much more on any of our central defenders.

£2million is peanuts for a prospective international footballer though. I think this also explains why he’s not been in squads.

7 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

£2million is peanuts for a prospective international footballer though. I think this also explains why he’s not been in squads.

Should have been capped or at least in squads when he was at Thistle, half the board thought so. He was in the SPL team of the year before his move down south as a 21 year old and helped Thistle to their highest finish since god knows when. He hasn't been dropped by Barnsley in his two seasons there.

He's only a year older than our promising and capped youngsters, lets see how many of them get moves to a league that can afford to pay over inflated transfer fees and double the wages of the SPL clubs and the German second tier sides. Not sure a prospective Scotland cap adds much onto a players sell on value.

McLeish and Clarke over rate the SPL just as much as  Strachan under rated it.

Having said all that  £2 million probably is peanuts and he will spend half the season on the Stoke bench, so maybe not a good move.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Should have been capped or at least in squads when he was at Thistle, half the board thought so. He was in the SPL team of the year before his move down south as a 21 year old and helped Thistle to their highest finish since god knows when. He hasn't been dropped by Barnsley in his two seasons there.

He's only a year older than our promising and capped youngsters, lets see how many of them get moves to a league that can afford to pay over inflated transfer fees and double the wages of the SPL clubs and the German second tier sides. Not sure a prospective Scotland cap adds much onto a players sell on value.

McLeish and Clarke over rate the SPL just as much as  Strachan under rated it.

Having said all that  £2 million probably is peanuts and he will spend half the season on the Stoke bench, so maybe not a good move.

Pace is not the be all and end all, but it will affect the value of young defenders. Lindsay may yet attract big fees if he can show he has the nous to deal with quick players, and that can come with experience. McKenna, Souttar and Findlay are all quite fast and may well attract biggish fees sooner rather than later.