Scottish player transfers - Page 162 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Good move for him and Bournemouth. Good chance Bournemouth will get promoted and he will get a chance to shine in the epl. 

Yeah it’s a good move for sure. It’s surprising he hasn’t been called up by the Ivory Coast, maybe he’s holding out on a Scotland call up 

21 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yeah it’s a good move for sure. It’s surprising he hasn’t been called up by the Ivory Coast, maybe he’s holding out on a Scotland call up 

Ivory coasts squad is pretty good, probably better than ours imo. Hes got more chance with us than them, it might help persuade his wee brother to play for us if he becomes any good in the future. 

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Ivory coasts squad is pretty good, probably better than ours imo. Hes got more chance with us than them, it might help persuade his wee brother to play for us if he becomes any good in the future. 

I wouldn't want his brother playing for us in the future tbh. Complete mercenary move to play for England. Would of had respect for him if he chose IC over us, as that's his family heritage. He spent a few weeks in England, before having his formative years in Scotland, he has no proper roots to England. He can only swap once more, so we'll know he'll only swap back if he can't make it with them.

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I wouldn't want his brother playing for us in the future tbh. Complete mercenary move to play for England. Would of had respect for him if he chose IC over us, as that's his family heritage. He spent a few weeks in England, before having his formative years in Scotland, he has no proper roots to England. He can only swap once more, so we'll know he'll only swap back if he can't make it with them.

It’s questionable if he will even turn out to be a professional footballer let alone an international so I would doubt England are even keeping tabs on him anymore 

10 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Yeh i am not that bothered about karamoko playing for us. He's made it clear he wants to play for England despite having no real ties to the place. I would of understood it more if he wanted to play for ivory Coast but hes obviously a mercenary who wanted the prestige of playing for England and the benefits it might have for his earning potential. 

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

It’s questionable if he will even turn out to be a professional footballer let alone an international so I would doubt England are even keeping tabs on him anymore 

Yeh it's very unlikely he makes it with England although I still think theres a chance he makes it at a decent level as hes only 18. He needs to get himself to a club where he will get games. 

Edited by mccaughey85

9 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Is this the guy that somebody on here wanted to cap when he was just 14?!

Sounds like "File under Islam Feruz..."

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh i am not that bothered about karamoko playing for us. He's made it clear he wants to play for England despite having no real ties to the place. I would of understood it more if he wanted to play for ivory Coast but hes obviously a mercenary who wanted the prestige of playing for England and the benefits it might have for his earning potential. 

Deary me

14 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Deary me

Deary me indeed, are you just going to hound me over this? you need to get a life. If you don't like it then ignore it or ignore me in general. Your embarrassing yourself with this little vendetta. 

This is the last I will say on the subject. If you bother me over it again I will just stick you on my ignore list(you will be the first). 

Edited by mccaughey85

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Deary me indeed, are you just going to hound me over this? you need to get a life. If you don't like it then ignore it or ignore me in general. Your embarrassing yourself with this little vendetta. 

This is the last I will say on the subject. If you bother me over it again I will just stick you on my ignore list. 

Just stop being a front bottom and use the correct words...its much easier to admit its absolutely wrong.

10 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Aye, I was thinking that myself. I'd never totally write any player off at 19 but if he was at a level to be considered for selection by England - even at age group level - he'd surely be further up the pecking order at Celtic by now.  Instead, they're signing players from the English third division and from Japan on loan rather than playing him. 🤷‍♂️ 

Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and Marcus Rashford had represented England at major tournaments by the time they were Dembele's age.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and Marcus Rashford had represented England at major tournaments by the time they were Dembele's age.

Gilmour and Patterson Have also played at a major tournament at that age.

I don't think he's the messaih we thought he was a few years ago.. 

5 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Only works if I put you on ignore...or you stop with that ridiculous error, that you seem to think is acceptable 

Whats the point in the ignore list then? I have tried to put you on ignore and your posts still come up. Surely as adults we can both come to an agreement that I won't reply to you and you won't reply to me. Would you agree to that, otherwise your just looking to pester and annoy me.

Perhaps the mods can step in here and resolve this as I genuinely don't want to be harassed by this guy. 

12 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Whats the point in the ignore list then? I have tried to put you on ignore and your posts still come up. Surely as adults we can both come to an agreement that I won't reply to you and you won't reply to me. Would you agree to that, otherwise your just looking to pester and annoy me.

Perhaps the mods can step in here and resolve this as I genuinely don't want to be harassed by this guy. 

after clicking ignore maybe would of helped if you then clicked preferences for the ignore function.....

17 hours ago, scotlad said:

Aye, I was thinking that myself. I'd never totally write any player off at 19 but if he was at a level to be considered for selection by England - even at age group level - he'd surely be further up the pecking order at Celtic by now.  Instead, they're signing players from the English third division and from Japan on loan rather than playing him. 🤷‍♂️ 

There are so many examples of players taking different routes into national teams. Including England. Yes, those players made their debuts early, but most don't. Plus, Owen and Rooney both burned out relatively early. So it's not necessarily a good thing. McFadden and D.Fletcher did the same.

Saying all that, it seems like Dembele is now further down the pecking order than 16 year old Ben Doak. So it's not looking all that promising at the moment for him at Celtic. 

19 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

There are so many examples of players taking different routes into national teams. Including England. Yes, those players made their debuts early, but most don't. Plus, Owen and Rooney both burned out relatively early. So it's not necessarily a good thing. McFadden and D.Fletcher did the same.

Saying all that, it seems like Dembele is now further down the pecking order than 16 year old Ben Doak. So it's not looking all that promising at the moment for him at Celtic. 

From what i understand Karamoko Dembele has been injured all season and is out of contract in the summer, I believe the boy Doak is also out of contract with Liverpool watching, which I believe is why they  may give him game time to try and keep him, but like someone says they have bought in a load of players from elsewhere so who knows if they will both get more game time going forward. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

From what i understand Karamoko Dembele has been injured all season and is out of contract in the summer, I believe the boy Doak is also out of contract with Liverpool watching, which I believe is why they  may give him game time to try and keep him, but like someone says they have bought in a load of players from elsewhere so who knows if they will both get more game time going forward. 

You're right, I think he's had a lot of injury issues. Ben Doak is definitely more physically developed than Dembele was at 16. Which will make a difference as to when he will be ready for Men's football. As I said, I won't be writing Dembele off. But he seemingly hasn't even chosen Scotland anyway, so I'd rather focus my attention on players that we know are potentially going to be internationalists.