Scottish player transfers - Page 152 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

Various transfer links today;

Nathan Patterson to Everton £10M +

Aaron Hickey to Aston Villa 

Calvin Ramsay to a host of EPL clubs & Eintracht Frankfurt £4M

Oliver Burke to Blackburn Free transfer in summer 

Hope Hickey stays in Italy and keeps on his trajectory! Patterson move would be good for him and Scotland. 

6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Hope Hickey stays in Italy and keeps on his trajectory! Patterson move would be good for him and Scotland. 

I was thinking exactly the same thing about Hickey. I've seen rumours that some of the bigger Italian teams are interested in him.

On the other hand, those would be great moves for Patterson and Ramsay.

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I'd almost forgotten Burke existed, i remember watching Eng U21 vs Sco U21 live and watching Burke and just absolutely disgusted by his lack of effort or interest in that game - its a shame he had all the physical attributes but lacked the effort, football intelligence and a lot of footballing skills - however will always be grateful for his last minute goal against Israel 

10 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Nathan Paterson to Everton for 10mill and add ons a done deal going by reports. 

Could be an excellent move for him. 🤞

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Not Israel, it was Cyprus.

Easy mistake to make considering how often we've played them. 🤣

Speaking of players most of us have forgotten about, Fraser Hornby - remember him? - scored for Reims today.

53 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Not Israel, it was Cyprus.

I watched on TV a few of Oliver Burke's games for Alaves back in 2019/20 when he on loan from West Brom.  The games I saw, he was playing wide on the right. He worked hard defensively and was a constant threat with his speed on the counter. (He really is very fast and seems to have some impressive reserves of stamina!)
It's maybe a shame he couldn't have made his move to Alaves permanent--seemed to suit him. I thought Alaves were a pretty tactical team (as you'd expect for a La Liga side),  but I didn't think Ollie Burke looked out of place technically. Back in West Brom, it didn't really work out for him. And at Sheffield United he seemed to be seen as a striker, struggled for goals, and thus slipped down the pecking order.

Really hope his move to Blackburn comes off, and maybe he'll even get to play as a wide-player (like in his Alaves stint). Good luck to him. Would love to see him do well.

11 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thats an amazing deal for Rangers if true. Have to admit I didn't think they would get anywhere near that kind but of money for a guy they barely play. 

It seems like absolute lunacy. If it turns out to be true, then you have to wonder what Patterson would have been worth if he'd actually been playing regularly. Steve Clarke has single handedly drove up his value by playing him for Scotland.

The price also would make you think he has every chance of playing regularly. But Coleman will certainly be a good mentor to learn from even if he doesn't play a lot this season.

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thats an amazing deal for Rangers if true. Have to admit I didn't think they would get anywhere near that kind but of money for a guy they barely play. 

It seems to be accurate.

I guess if Frimpong can go for £12M then Rangers are right to look for the same or more.

Its good to see Scottish players going for market value & hopefully the same happens when Ramsay is sold from Aberdeen. 

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

It seems like absolute lunacy. If it turns out to be true, then you have to wonder what Patterson would have been worth if he'd actually been playing regularly. Steve Clarke has single handedly drove up his value by playing him for Scotland.

The price also would make you think he has every chance of playing regularly. But Coleman will certainly be a good mentor to learn from even if he doesn't play a lot this season.

Unfortunetly EPL teams reguarly spend 10 million plus on players who dont get game time. Its not pocket change for them but not far off it.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Unfortunetly EPL teams reguarly spend 10 million plus on players who dont get game time. Its not pocket change for them but not far off it.

By all accounts he is the long term replacement for Coleman. But he is only 33, so it could be a couple of years before he supplants him permanently from the first 11. But I've no idea how good Coleman has been lately, so it might be sooner than we think.

Either way, he can't get much less game time than he did at Rangers. Which never stopped Clarke from picking him. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

By all accounts he is the long term replacement for Coleman. But he is only 33, so it could be a couple of years before he supplants him permanently from the first 11. But I've no idea how good Coleman has been lately, so it might be sooner than we think.

Either way, he can't get much less game time than he did at Rangers. Which never stopped Clarke from picking him. 

Coleman has been poor for a while now but is still club captain. I think Patterson will get some initial gametime but alot will ride on how he does in those games.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

From a Rangers perspective I would have preferred it if we had off loaded Taverner and kept hold off Patterson. It was being reported earlier as £10 million which is daylight robbery. 

They would not have got £10m for Tav from anybody so it was a financial decision which does not weaken the team. Tav still has a good couple of years left in him. Unlike I think Seamus Coleman.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

From a Rangers perspective I would have preferred it if we had off loaded Taverner and kept hold off Patterson. It was being reported earlier as £10 million which is daylight robbery. 

Do you mean daylight robbery by Rangers or Everton? Genuinely can't tell. 

The Rangers board will be laughing their asses off that a youth player that has only played a couple dozen games is going for anywhere near £10m. But think what he'd have been worth had he played 50+ games by now.

It is a bit depressing how willing the Scottish champions are to let go of youths before getting a fair crack at the whip. I understand this one, from a financial point of view, obviously, but my interest in Rangers will be virtually zero if Patterson leaves.

3 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Do you mean daylight robbery by Rangers or Everton? Genuinely can't tell. 

The Rangers board will be laughing their asses off that a youth player that has only played a couple dozen games is going for anywhere near £10m. But think what he'd have been worth had he played 50+ games by now.

It is a bit depressing how willing the Scottish champions are to let go of youths before getting a fair crack at the whip. I understand this one, from a financial point of view, obviously, but my interest in Rangers will be virtually zero if Patterson leaves.

if Patterson was better than tavanier he would have replaced him.he didn’t.  This is a good deal for all concerned.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

if Patterson was better than tavanier he would have replaced him.he didn’t.  This is a good deal for all concerned.

As a Rangers fan I think Patterson is better than Tav, who is suspect defensively but only one of them would have attracted the fee of £12m plus. And if Tav is better, then why did Everton not go for him instead?

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

As a Rangers fan I think Patterson is better than Tav, who is suspect defensively but only one of them would have attracted the fee of £12m plus. And if Tav is better, then why did Everton not go for him instead?

I was just about to say the same thing. But to add to that, Tavernier is the club captain. Captains aren't in the team on ability alone. There aren't many managers that would drop their Player of the Year winning captain for a 19 year old. Especially a new manager coming in who wants to win over the dressing room. They need their captains more than ever at that point.

Of course, Patterson then has a similar problem with Coleman. But this is probably a sign his time is running out at Everton.