Scottish player transfers - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 7/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, wanderer said:

Four year deal agreed apparently (just waiting on approval from Italian FA over the status of his Bari contract, but looks a done deal) 

A Season with Verona is a good read. (Tim Parks). Pretty sure it was their arsehole fans that were looking for bother at the San Siro. They started off in the home areas looking for local casuals and got punted into the empty space under our 'curva'. Then started giving it the throat-slitting and come ahead stuff to 18000 TA 😂. Horrid far-right scumbags.

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Barry Douglas off to Leeds. 

Not that we're struggling for left backs obviously but that must be a bit of disappointing move. Papped straight back to the championship, not only that but to perennial strugglers Leeds. Was he not wolves  regular left back last season ?

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Not that we're struggling for left backs obviously but that must be a bit of disappointing move. Papped straight back to the championship, not only that but to perennial strugglers Leeds. Was he not wolves  regular left back last season ?

I think he was actually playing in midfield for Wolves.  Anyhow Leeds might be interesting this season under Bielsa.

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I think he was actually playing in midfield for Wolves.  Anyhow Leeds might be interesting this season under Bielsa.

Basket case of a club. Been in the championship for 15 odd years now. Seems like they've had about 15 odd mangers in that time to. Suppose of wolves have said they don't fancy him/limited game time what can you do.

4 hours ago, JECK said:

He was a left wing back last season and possibly the only Scotsman playing at reasonable level in that position. probably why we play 3-5-2

Think Leeds have a bit of money so good business for them I would think.

Player of season last year but wolves stepppng up and signing players who are apparently demanding first team games so Douglas been told he can leave.

Leeds have little money. Whoever said that is lying. They’ll be exactly same as last year....at best.

5 hours ago, JECK said:

He was their player of the year and got into the championship team of the season.

Crazy stuff and he can surely play at a better level. 

Strikes me as a club that will implode. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Player of season last year but wolves stepppng up and signing players who are apparently demanding first team games so Douglas been told he can leave.

Leeds have little money. Whoever said that is lying. They’ll be exactly same as last year....at best.

My bad, just assumed they had as the bookies have them as short as 10/1 to win the league.  Usually get 33/1

16 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

My bad, just assumed they had as the bookies have them as short as 10/1 to win the league.  Usually get 33/1

Do not put a penny on. Not a chance this season unless a good few signings magically happen and they won’t. 

Disbelief and disappointment among Wolves fans about Barry Douglas being moved on.  He wasn't player of the season (Neves was), but he was our regular left wing back in a 3-4-3.  Never found wanting in defence, great stamina and contributed 14 assists, mainly from set pieces.  Deserved a crack at the Prem, and even at £5m he'd be a cracking buy for Leeds if it goes through.  No room for sentiment at Molineux nowadays...

was really looking forward to seeing how Douglas would have performed but if they have brought in a couple of direct replacements for him its better he plays regular football in the championship then sat on the bench in the PL all season 

I'm surprised more clubs haven't come in for him if its known hes available now 

8 hours ago, GlasWolf said:

Disbelief and disappointment among Wolves fans about Barry Douglas being moved on.  He wasn't player of the season (Neves was), but he was our regular left wing back in a 3-4-3.  Never found wanting in defence, great stamina and contributed 14 assists, mainly from set pieces.  Deserved a crack at the Prem, and even at £5m he'd be a cracking buy for Leeds if it goes through.  No room for sentiment at Molineux nowadays...

Wolves (as well as Fulham) have been splashing some amount of cash this summer (certainly close to, if not over £40m)  as well as a couple of high profile loan players, so can understand why a £5 offer would tempt them.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Wolves (as well as Fulham) have been splashing some amount of cash this summer (certainly close to, if not over £40m)  as well as a couple of high profile loan players, so can understand why a £5 offer would tempt them.

£5 for Douglas? 

Bargain. Couldn’t even get a fish supper for that nowadays 

On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 9:54 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

This fucking sucks...seen as one of the best players in world football for his young age and we will be watching him in the world cup setting up goals for harry kane...

On 7/25/2018 at 6:21 PM, Hertsscot said:

If he lasts the season - which recent history at Leeds would suggest is unlikely.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, macy37 said:

Do not put a penny on. Not a chance this season unless a good few signings magically happen and they won’t. 

They've already made 3 very good signings, with Bamford set to be announced this week.  

Radrizzani is a very switched on and considerably wealthy owner who has set about changing the whole structure of the Club. Convincing Bielsa to become head coach is some coup.   One thing that Leeds have been doing very well recently in comparison with a lot of other Championship clubs is managing budgets.  The wages to turnover % is one of the lowest in the league.  A centre half is an absolute necessity though, no team that has to play Liam Cooper will get anywhere. 

On 7/27/2018 at 12:46 AM, Templeton_Peck said:

This fucking sucks...seen as one of the best players in world football for his young age and we will be watching him in the world cup setting up goals for harry kane...

Totally agree...  international football is a joke.  If this lad ends up an England player I am on the verge of packing up international football as it’s becoming meaningless.  He has grown up in Scotland, no doubt supported Scotland all his days, used all our facilities... and just cos he turns out to be quite good can decide he will play for England?  Well....  your either with us or against us.

6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Totally agree...  international football is a joke.  If this lad ends up an England player I am on the verge of packing up international football as it’s becoming meaningless.  He has grown up in Scotland, no doubt supported Scotland all his days, used all our facilities... and just cos he turns out to be quite good can decide he will play for England?  Well....  your either with us or against us.

Dembele played for England u16 against Croatia last week. Think he's made his bed now

Has he grown up in Scotland all his days? Given that he's turning out for them, I would say he feels pretty indifferent to Scotland. I.e. Doesn't really care one way or the other. If he decides he's English then good luck to him. The rules are bolloks to be fair. The grandparent rule should be scrapped as well and players should declare when they turn 18 etc etc...but what do we know.