Scottish player transfers - Page 202 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

17 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Not sure about his contract status but the bid is meant to be lower than the one accepted in January. You would think with his form since coming back from injury that it would at least be the same.

Personally I think he will struggle in the championship but hope im proved wrong.

His contract is up summer 2024

17 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Out of interest, any particular reason why you think he would struggle?

I think he is a competent player but just dont think he has the attributes to do well. He isnt quick, doesnt hold the ball up well, isnt tall or strong and doesnt have tricks or skills.  He had a decent shot and eye for goal so by no means do I think he is a bad player, I just watch him in the Scots prem against relatively average defenders and he doesnt do enough for me. Against better players week in week out I think he will struggle. I could see him scoring about 1 in 5 in the Championship.

16 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I take it that means you don't think he is international class. 

International class is a very difficult term to qualify. Do I think he should be in this Scotland squad. Yes. Do I think he should get any gametime ahead of Dykes and Shankland. Probably not. 

42 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think he is a competent player but just dont think he has the attributes to do well. He isnt quick, doesnt hold the ball up well, isnt tall or strong and doesnt have tricks or skills.  He had a decent shot and eye for goal so by no means do I think he is a bad player, I just watch him in the Scots prem against relatively average defenders and he doesnt do enough for me. Against better players week in week out I think he will struggle. I could see him scoring about 1 in 5 in the Championship.

International class is a very difficult term to qualify. Do I think he should be in this Scotland squad. Yes. Do I think he should get any gametime ahead of Dykes and Shankland. Probably not. 

I think you’re well off with Nisbet.

Hes a good player, holds the ball up well, scores all types of goals & has a bit of X factor.

I think he’s a good signing for them.

If Oli McBurnie can score goals in the championship then Nisbet certainly can. 

Edited by ProudScot

47 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I think you’re well off with Nisbet.

Hes a good player, holds the ball up well, scores all types of goals & has a bit of X factor.

I think he’s a good signing for them.

If Oli McBurnie can score goals in the championship then Nisbet certainly can. 

Time will tell and I hope im wrong.

I dont think he will be a total flop. I think he will score the odd goal, be a solid off the bench player. He will probably go on a scoring streak of 4 in 5 but then multiple without scoring.

McBurnie got 22 in 42 for Swansea and then 9 in 17 for Barnsley in the Championship. A rate better than 1 in 2. Id be hugely surprised if Nisbett gets anywhere near that scoring rate in the Chamionship. *(Im aware McBurnie has since went zero in 28 and then 13 in 38 this season so currently not living up to his own previous form which is why ive no issues with Nisbet being selected fot this squad ahead of McBurnie)

23 minutes ago, sjd1972 said:

Will Aberdeen have any Scottish players in their starting line up next season?

Hopefully Barron can kick on now after his injuries and become a regular starter, that is unless he gets a move this summer. Maybe Ryan Duncan.

Edited by csinclair

17 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

They were interested in Nisbet too . 

Apparently Nisbet has said he’ll decide his future when he’s back from the international break. 
Millwall have a fee agreed but a few other Championship teams linked with him. 

Edited by csinclair

9 hours ago, csinclair said:

Millwall have bid £2million for Dykes according to Sky. Of that's

If that's their true i find that price quoted quite  disrespectful. I'm not saying he is a £5 million forward but surely he is done enough to be valued at above 2🤔

6 hours ago, theabsentee said:

If that's their true i find that price quoted quite  disrespectful. I'm not saying he is a £5 million forward but surely he is done enough to be valued at above 2🤔

I think he's only got a year left on his contract and QPR seem happy to let him go so not likely to move for much

20 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeah £2Million is a mega bargain for Dykes

31 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yeah £2Million is a mega bargain for Dykes

Agreed.  But thankfully for us, he seems to be one of those rare breeds that plays better for their country than they do for their club.  Fine by me! 🙂 

50 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And now we shall see as it's reported he's signed for Millwall.

Was hoping he'd choose Galatasaray but Millwall came very close to making the playoffs last season.  Good luck to him.

Decent player with good pace and skill set. Played a lot under Hammell but been very marginal under Kettlewell. Put simply he doesn't really fit Kettlewell's system of playing.

I'd be surprised therefore if Motherwell were to offer him a contract now that his loan period is up.

Could certainly see him do well at a St Mirren/St Johnstone.

• 2 weeks later...