Scottish player transfers - Page 192 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 1/20/2023 at 4:07 PM, syecosse said:

A bit of talk on twitter that Arsenal may look to move Tierney on and also that Liverpool are looking at another RB Fresenda, which is not good news for Calvin Ramsey.

Not seen much of Ramsay recently (presumably suspended for being sent off in an U21 game?) but he seemed to be doing pretty well. Perhaps not quite ready to be benching every week for Liverpool, but he’s only 18, there’s no shame in that. Once Liverpool’s injuries clear up I doubt Doak will be benching every week either.

Edit to say apparently Swansea want him on loan. It would be good to see him get a run of senior minutes.

Edited by Scots_Wha_Hae

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Jack Hendry been recalled by Brugge from his loan spell in Italy

His time in Italy seems very strange. From his interviews he seemed excited to go there as they told him how much they wanted him but then barely played him and recently signed a new defender instead.
Scott Parker seems to want him involved at least so hopefully he can go back to getting game time at a club who are still in the champions league.

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I wonder if he will get another chance at brugge. He was part of a title winning side and now this season they are struggling big time while hes been out on loan. 

If he's been recalled it suggests he will.

19 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I suspect that he might be waiting for a bid from Celtic or Rangers. I can't see any teams higher than the Championship submitting a bid and I'm not aware of any interest from elsewhere.

That’s my thinking, if not now in the summer. Hibs deny striker dream move headlines will be starting shortly 

17 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Porteous has played his last few games as a defensive midfielder, be interesting to see how Watford use him.

For our sake hope it's centre half. Our need for central defenders is higher than our need for central midfielders. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:26 PM, csinclair said:

West Ham reject an offer from Newcastle for Harrison Ashby.

think this one will happen eventually as Ashby is out of contract in the summer. Newcastle want him as a backup to Trippier

West Ham have accepted a new offer. 
with Newcastle out of the FA cup I can’t see him getting much game time this season unless Trippier picks up a knock/needs a rest. Exciting to have another young Scot at a club team near the top of the EPL though