Scottish player transfers - Page 185 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

A few people expected this to happen, he got game time for Chelsea at a time when lampard wasn't allowed to sign anyone. As soon as their transfer ban was lifted they did what Chelsea do, soon shit loads of foreign talent and chase the glory using money.

I think you may well be right. I'll admit, I didn't see it coming (I thought, and still think that Gilmour was one of Chelsea's better players in the brief Lampard era).

But yes, Chelsea now throwing money at anyone with a 'name' and a glamorous price tag.

It's almost like they're going down the 'galacticos' road to buying glory? Of course, the pressure on Thomas Tuchel to now 'succeed' with this team of newly-purchased millionaires will be immense. (Despite me being peeved at what looks like his shoddy treatment of Gilmour over the summer, I don't envy Tuchel's situation.)

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

I think you may well be right. I'll admit, I didn't see it coming (I thought, and still think that Gilmour was one of Chelsea's better players in the brief Lampard era).

But yes, Chelsea now throwing money at anyone with a 'name' and a glamorous price tag.

It's almost like they're going down the 'galacticos' road to buying glory? Of course, the pressure on Thomas Tuchel to now 'succeed' with this team of newly-purchased millionaires will be immense. (Despite me being peeved at what looks like his shoddy treatment of Gilmour over the summer, I don't envy Tuchel's situation.)

Tuchel might be under pressure but he doesn't have to be a dick about it. Sending a player to train with the reserves is generally reserved as a punishment, he must know how it looks and he doesn't care. In my opinion Gilmour is better out of there permanently because the manager has shown he has no regard for his career development whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Tuchel might be under pressure but he doesn't have to be a dick about it. Sending a player to train with the reserves is generally reserved as a punishment, he must know how it looks and he doesn't care. In my opinion Gilmour is better out of there permanently because the manager has shown he has no regard for his career development whatsoever.

Yes, I think you are right.

42 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

What if gilmour is the one qith the attitude problem?

14 hours ago, mcguffin said:

This is the most recent article I could find about Billy Gilmour from Friday:
https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/08/25/everton-target-chelsea-midfielder-billy-gilmour-spotted-training-separately/

"...
Gilmour was spotted in the [development squad] training alongside Marcos Alonso, Ross Barkley and Baba Rahman, all of whom are likely to leave Stamford Bridge before the end of the transfer window."

I don't know much about Rahman, but Alonso, Barkley and Gilmour are top players. Now tossed into the Chelsea remainders bin? Football can be a pretty harsh business can't it?

Surely some business is being done behind the scenes and Billy Gilmour will find a team that will appreciate his obvious talents?

Never heard of Rahman but Alonso & to a lesser extent Barkley are like you say top players so young Billy not alone getting this unprofessional treatment. 

Never liked Tuchel, he isn't your likeable big name coach like Klopp & Pep etc etc.. He comes across as arrogant & aloof, so hope his big money team have a shit season & it costs him his job! 

As for our Billy, i find it a bit worrying that there doesn't seem a lot of clubs linked with signing him, without sounding negative i hope it's not due to too many clubs feeling he hasn't got the physical strength to play consistently at the top level. 

Anyway by the end of the week hopefully he is signing for either a epl club, a good level continental club or worse scenario one of the most fancied for promotion  championships sides. He recently signed a new contract so i still hope its a season loan deal not permanent as that way Chelsea do still believe he has the ability to have a long term future at the club. 

While it could be, it seems unlikely that Gilmour, Barkley and Alonso all have attitude problems. At Norwich, Dean Smith says he was a role model, first in and last out at training.

so while not knowing the facts, I’d guess it was Tuchel being the dick here

Any thing's possible I guess? But if so, I've never heard anything but positive comments from Frank Lampard ,Steve Clarke and the managers he played for at Norwich (Farke and Smith)? And from what I've seen of him, Billy Gilmour seems to handle himself with the utmost professionalism both on and off the pitch.

9 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

While it could be, it seems unlikely that Gilmour, Barkley and Alonso all have attitude problems. At Norwich, Dean Smith says he was a role model, first in and last out at training.

so while not knowing the facts, I’d guess it was Tuchel being the dick here

👍

3 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

It's a shite way to treat Alonso and Barkley too but at least they're experienced pros who have profiles and can probably eke out decent moves away from Chelsea. To send a 20-year-old kid to Siberia seemingly because the manager just doesn't fancy him as a player is cuntish behaviour. Why not just transfer list him?

That said, it's possible Gilmour might outlast Lufthansa lugs at Chelsea, because he will be the first to be thrown under the bus if they don't start winning things soon.

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm glad I don't keep up with fashion if that's what is deemed fashionable 

I was out at the weekend and saw a lot of kids in their late teens and early twenties wandering around in baggy jeans. It occurred to me then that one of the most exasperating things about getting older is seeing terrible fashion trends from ages ago, that you thought were consigned to the dustbin of history, come back into fashion. 

What fannybaws is wearing in that picture though never has, never should and surely never will be fashionable! 🤣

On 8/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, syecosse said:

Dom Hyam has completed his move from Coventry to Blackburn 3.5m, had the 3rd best statistics in the Championship for a CB last season, Coventry fans are fuming he has been sold. 

If a couple of central defenders pull out then Hyam is definitely in with a shout.

Jack Hendry is in Italy finalising a loan move to Cremonese, recently promoted to Serie A.

35 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If a couple of central defenders pull out then Hyam is definitely in with a shout.

Jack Hendry is in Italy finalising a loan move to Cremonese, recently promoted to Serie A.

Think that might be closer to his level.

Never a champions league quality player although dropping to a team with no points after four games in Serie A is a bit of a shocker.

Newcastle in talks to sign Harrison Ashby, 1 year left on his deal, West Ham may have to cash in but do not want to lose him,  lots of clubs have enquired about a loan for him, Newcastle see him being mentored by Trippier to take over eventually from him.

PSV, Club Brugge and Prem sides have made offers for Dire Mebude.

Edited by syecosse

22 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think that might be closer to his level.

Never a champions league quality player although dropping to a team with no points after four games in Serie A is a bit of a shocker.

I thought he did okay in the Champions League games I saw him play him. It sounds more like he and his boss at Bruges fell out.

31 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Newcastle in talks to sign Harrison Ashby, 1 year left on his deal, West Ham may have to cash in but do not want to lose him,  lots of clubs have enquired about a loan for him, Newcastle see him being mentored by Trippier to take over eventually from him.

PSV, Club Brugge and Prem sides have made offers for Dire Mebude.

Potentially good moves for both of them, especially Mebude.