Scottish player transfers - Page 184 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

18 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Brighton interested in Gilmour. Could be great move. Top manager with no chance of being sacked. Play good football and look like continuing the good form from last season.

might be a better option than Everton who could be struggling against relegation and where lampard might we’ll get sacked…

That does sound like a good move! i don't know much about Brighton. I wonder if he'll get many starting opportunities there? Regardless, it would be better than marking time in the Chelsea reserves (or whatever he is doing at the moment)?

I also think that Brighton would be a good move for Gilmour. The other option, Everton, look really shaky this season and Gilmour would come under intense pressure straight from the start at Everton to make things happen.

One more thing, all those cuntish Norwich supporters who blamed Gilmour for every little thing that went wrong last season can all go and fuck themselves. Hope their club stays down for a long time. It wasn't Gilmour's fault that his teammates (and that sadly includes Hanley and McLean) were almost all bang average championship standard players who were hopelessly out of their depth in the Premier League.

5 hours ago, mcguffin said:

That does sound like a good move! i don't know much about Brighton. I wonder if he'll get many starting opportunities there? Regardless, it would be better than marking time in the Chelsea reserves (or whatever he is doing at the moment)?

If he's any good he will, if he isn't he wont.

As you say, better than the current limbo and I would say better than the championship too.

Not a massive fan of gilmour as he is still dining out on the England game .

However Brighton would be an excellent move his style of play would be suited to them and he would have a good amount of quality around him unlike Norwich where he ended up as bad as what was around him .

would still be a difficult midfield to break into but would have more of a chance than at Chelsea 

Edited by DAVIDB46

13 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Not a massive fan of gilmour as he is still dining out on the England game .

However Brighton would be an excellent move his style of play would be suited to them and he would have a good amount of quality around him unlike Norwich where he ended up as bad as what was around him .

would still be a difficult midfield to break into but would have more of a chance than at Chelsea 

It was pointed out on another forum that Gilmour cannot go on loan to either Brighton (who already have a Chelsea player on loan) or Everton (who already have two EPL players on loan) as both those are at the maximum allowable under the rules:

As I understand it, Billy Gilmour can't move to either Brighton or Everton on loan and so if he goes to either club it will be a permanent move. Everton have used their two loans already (Vinagre, Coady) and Brighton have already loaned a Chelsea player (Levi Colwill)

So, either a permanent move to one of those two, a loan move somewhere else, or abroad are the choices.

2 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

It was pointed out on another forum that Gilmour cannot go on loan to either Brighton (who already have a Chelsea player on loan) or Everton (who already have two EPL players on loan) as both those are at the maximum allowable under the rules:

So, either a permanent move to one of those two, a loan move somewhere else, or abroad are the choices.

Interesting, and seems pretty crucial.  Citizen journalists are superior to career journalists almost every time these days. 

10 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Think billy gilmour would get more gametime at Everton than Brighton .

but the down side being the Everton fan base would crucify him if he fails to perform .

Everton's recruitment has been odd. Brought in a couple of good experienced defenders in Coady and Tarkowski. Up front though they are toothless. 

At the minute I'd prefer him to go to Brighton as I think they've got a better manager, they'll definitely be safe (famous last words!) and as you say fans will be more supportive.

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Tierney looks to be further out the picture at arsenal, especially with Zinchenko playing so well, today included

I think that's a bit harsh.

Tierney's pre season lasted about twenty or thirty minutes before he got injured. He now has to get fit through sub appearances.

It's still only the start of the season and there is plenty of time for Tierney to get back playing games. Zinchenko can also play midfield in addition to left back, so there is room for both players.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McTominay lack of ability ls likely decide how much he plays. 

Was still playing most games though. Will be on the pitch a lot less now that they've signed someone in his position that's clearly an upgrade. 

32 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Was still playing most games though. Will be on the pitch a lot less now that they've signed someone in his position that's clearly an upgrade. 

Casemiro is a dm, McTominay isn’t. That’s part of the problem, he’s been played out of position to fill a gap. Nevertheless, who does McTominay replace in that team? Fred? Perhaps, but he’ll only be successful if he gets to play further up the pitch.

On 8/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Tierney looks to be further out the picture at arsenal, especially with Zinchenko playing so well, today included

It's worth noting that in interviews Arteta still refers to Zinchenko as a midfielder playing left back so wouldn't be surprised to see him and Tierney both playing when he's back up to speed

18 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Not much happening on the gilmour front no doors being knocked down for his signature .

the poor season Norwich has really knocked his career badly , expectations may have to be lowered considerably 

We'll see. I think most of us can see that there's a player there. I'm sure there's plenty of teams that will be interested in a player of his quality but the move needs to be right.

23 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

We'll see. I think most of us can see that there's a player there. I'm sure there's plenty of teams that will be interested in a player of his quality but the move needs to be right.

This is the most recent article I could find about Billy Gilmour from Friday:
https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/08/25/everton-target-chelsea-midfielder-billy-gilmour-spotted-training-separately/

"...
Gilmour was spotted in the [development squad] training alongside Marcos Alonso, Ross Barkley and Baba Rahman, all of whom are likely to leave Stamford Bridge before the end of the transfer window."

I don't know much about Rahman, but Alonso, Barkley and Gilmour are top players. Now tossed into the Chelsea remainders bin? Football can be a pretty harsh business can't it?

Surely some business is being done behind the scenes and Billy Gilmour will find a team that will appreciate his obvious talents?

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

I'm obviously biased, but Chelsea and their gangly, jug eared, balding prick of a manager have treated Billy Gilmour like shite. Fuck them.

A few people expected this to happen, he got game time for Chelsea at a time when lampard wasn't allowed to sign anyone. As soon as their transfer ban was lifted they did what Chelsea do, soon shit loads of foreign talent and chase the glory using money.