Scottish player transfers - Page 183 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

20 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Gilmour might be leaving Chelsea permanently, Chelsea fans not happy

My gut says Newcastle, Google says Everton. 

Edited by romanticscot

Ben Nelson has also joined Rochdale on loan from Leicester City CB. 

Looks like a lot of the u21s will be in League 2 this year  but game time will be good to see how they all get on. 

Fraser Hornby has signed loan to buy with Oostende in the Belgium top league. 

Edited by syecosse

On 7/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, romanticscot said:

My gut says Newcastle, Google says Everton. 

Everton would be a good move I think..

Yon Chelsea manager doesn't rate him

Leeds United in for Che Adams (?)

The editor of Saints Rumours has stated; "Leeds have declared an interest in Adams but I am not aware of any offer yet."

The local paper have reported a figure of £10 million.

As inconsistent as he is, I can't see him going for as little as that in this era of crazy prices.

48 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

The editor of Saints Rumours has stated; "Leeds have declared an interest in Adams but I am not aware of any offer yet."

As inconsistent as he is, I can't see him going for as little as that in this era of crazy prices.

Yeh i will be surprised if he goes for as little as that. Usually has a wee spells where he does well for saints but can be quite average alot of the time. At least its another epl side wanting him.

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh i will be surprised if he goes for as little as that. Usually has a wee spells where he does well for saints but can be quite average alot of the time. At least its another epl side wanting him.

That said, if Saints were already eyeing up a £20m+ striker (which I suspect we are) and they can now get £10m for Che Adams, that pays for half of that new player.

Not really on topic (sorry) but Aribo scored a fantastic goal against Villarreal at the weekend...

On 7/29/2022 at 8:30 PM, syecosse said:

Ben Nelson has also joined Rochdale on loan from Leicester City CB. 

Looks like a lot of the u21s will be in League 2 this year  but game time will be good to see how they all get on. 

Fraser Hornby has signed loan to buy with Oostende in the Belgium top league. 

Good info again man though in Ben Nelsons case he only played once for us at under 16 level & has since represented only England. Though i believe he is a centre back so i hope if he is good enough there's a first generation Scottish link that can persuade him to play for the country that would most appreciate him 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💙💛

11 hours ago, syecosse said:

Scott Banks has joined Bradford  City on loan for the season from Crystal Palace.

Will be watching this one closely as he is turning 21 soon, needs to be playing first team football regularly to see if he has the ability consistently to make it at the top level. 

12 hours ago, syecosse said:

Scott Banks has joined Bradford  City on loan for the season from Crystal Palace.

22 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Will be watching this one closely as he is turning 21 soon, needs to be playing first team football regularly to see if he has the ability consistently to make it at the top level. 

Nearly 21 and on loan to a fourth tier English club (Bradford) after two uneventful loans at two Scottish second tier clubs (Alloa and Dunfermline).

Call me a pessimist but I really don't think Banks is "one for the future".

On 8/1/2022 at 5:00 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd think I'd rather Adams stayed at Southampton, so he can keep playing alongside Armstrong with whom he seems to have an understanding on the pitch.

Didn't hear it myself, but at a fan's forum this week, a Southampton director apparently rubbished the reports of Che Adams leaving Saints.

Gilmour is in an unfortunate position but one that he must do all he can to get out of it.

He came to prominence when impressing for Chelsea and us especially V England in the Euros. A new manager at Chelsea had other ideas and Gilmour went out on loan that did not work out. Tuchel evidently does not rate Gilmour enough to give him a chance but Chelsea no doubt are pinning a big price on Gilmour putting a lot of clubs off. The result is Gilmour is left in limbo. Gilmour needs first team football and a settled future NOW and he should be looking to move and making that known to Chelsea and even in the press sending out 'Come and get me messages'. Lower his wage demands if necessary as long as he seals a move and start re-building his career.

20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Gilmour is in an unfortunate position but one that he must do all he can to get out of it.

He came to prominence when impressing for Chelsea and us especially V England in the Euros. A new manager at Chelsea had other ideas and Gilmour went out on loan that did not work out. Tuchel evidently does not rate Gilmour enough to give him a chance but Chelsea no doubt are pinning a big price on Gilmour putting a lot of clubs off. The result is Gilmour is left in limbo. Gilmour needs first team football and a settled future NOW and he should be looking to move and making that known to Chelsea and even in the press sending out 'Come and get me messages'. Lower his wage demands if necessary as long as he seals a move and start re-building his career.

I’d take him at Hearts.  Almost guaranteed to get game time and European football.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably need the rest of the Hearts team to play for nothing to cover his wages 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably need the rest of the Hearts team to play for nothing to cover his wages 

Does he want the money or does he want to come and play football at a great club playing in Europe?