Scottish player transfers - Page 179 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

48 minutes ago, todd said:

Wow!  Must say, I never thought he'd ever play in the top tier of football again 🤔

The boy must have one hell of an agent 😂

Good luck to him though, that's potentially an excellent move.

14 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Marshall, Maloney, McManus, Devlin, Hendry, Beattie, Wallace, O’Donnell, Findlay, Brophy, Gallagher. McGregor, Ralston, Tierney, Robertson. 

I’m struggling after that, and I’m including players who have briefly passed through the Celtic youth system, but there are probably a few more. 

Andy Robertson started at Celtic did he no🤔

On 6/28/2022 at 4:18 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Who are the 40 just out of interest? 

I don't have the list, but I believe the 40+ wasn't just Scots. So, the likes of Liam Miller, Darren O'Dea, Aiden McGeady, Jackson Irvine and Conor Hazard are included.

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Jamie Smith, Stephen Crainey, John Kennedy, Paul Caddis, Charlie Mulgrew and Dylan McGeouch would be six more.

I'm not 100% about this, but I think Darren Fletcher also spend some time at Celtic before the age of sixteen.

No one mentioned James Forrest! I'm sure there are other really obvious ones I'm forgetting as well.

Edit: Barry Bannan as well.

Edited by Tartan blood

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Jamie Smith, Stephen Crainey, John Kennedy, Paul Caddis, Charlie Mulgrew and Dylan McGeouch would be six more.

I'm not 100% about this, but I think Darren Fletcher also spend some time at Celtic before the age of sixteen.

Come on te fuck man, Darren fletcher development had nothing to do with celtic and same goes for some of the players mentioned in this thread 🤣

Serious straw clutching going on here

Edited by vanderark14

42 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

How can he only be 25?!

I was the same about John Souttar - still can't wrap my head around him being 25.

Hopefully he stays injury free and does well at Rangers because he could hopefully blossom into something special in the second half of his career.  Reads a game brilliantly and europe will hopefully test him and push on further.  

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Come on te fuck man, Darren fletcher development had nothing to do with celtic and same goes for some of the players mentioned in this thread 🤣

Serious straw clutching going on here

Fletch did play for Celtic Boys Club for a while which is good enough for me.

I had forgotten that Jamie Smith had two senior caps.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fletch did play for Celtic Boys Club for a while which is good enough for me.

I had forgotten that Jamie Smith had two senior caps.

So you saying there is a direct link between Celtic & Celtic boys club 🫣

49 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Went into the Red Cafe to see who the ManUtd fans wanted Mctominay to be playing for next season, an interesting article posted by a new member called The Dark Knight-

Man United: Erik ten Hag will resist offers for Scott McTominay despite Frenkie de Jong arrival | Daily Mail Online

WTF 😆

It's That Man Again (film) - Wikipedia

9 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Karamoko Dembele apparently signing for Brest in Ligue 1 this morning. 

Let's just get it out of the way straight away, I hope he doesn't make a tit of himself etc. etc.

Did he ever actually make up his mind what country he wanted to play for ?

There are rumours the coaches at Celtic considered him to have a bad attitude.

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Went into the Red Cafe to see who the ManUtd fans wanted Mctominay to be playing for next season, an interesting article posted by a new member called The Dark Knight-

Man United: Erik ten Hag will resist offers for Scott McTominay despite Frenkie de Jong arrival | Daily Mail Online

Got a link to the thread? I look forward to Andy Robertson turning out for Utd alongside McTominay in the double pivot. 

30 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Karamoko Dembele apparently signing for Brest in Ligue 1 this morning. 

Let's just get it out of the way straight away, I hope he doesn't make a tit of himself etc. etc.

He will be doing a sports science degree at Strathclyde in a couple of years and giving advice to young footballers via the daily Mail to not make the same mistakes he did blah blah 

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Oh Christ 🤣🤣 he will be back here soon no doubt 

37 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He last played for Scotland at U17, then went on to play both U17 and U18 for England. I don't think, at this point, he is good enough to get in the England U19s though so he may switch again. He'd be up against the likes of Bynoe-Gittens (who at 17 has played first team football for Dortmund) and to a lesser extent as they are both more out and out strikers, Liam Delap (who is in and about the City first team squad) and Dane Scarlett who has played first team football for Spurs. I don't think he is anywhere near that level if he can't break into Celtic's squad, never mind team. I don't know if his international prominence which was very high when he was 15/16 made him get a bit ahead of himself and he has a bad attitude or if that is just tabloid newspapers doing their scummy thing.

59 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm sure I saw somewhere that both he and his brother had decided to represent Ivory Coast (which is fair enough, IMO) but I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Hickey signing for Brentford. 

Bologna wanted the transfer fee; I'm sure Hickey will enjoy the wage raise but that's a terrible move football wise. Some of the big Serie A teams were having a look. Anyway.