Scottish player transfers - Page 174 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

Charlie Mcarthur 17 Killie Cb looks like he is off to Newcastle.

Apparently Celtic and Queens Park young keepers Mahady and Mckenna look like they are off to the prem also. 

Doak, Simpson and Wilson already left this summer already for the prem. 

Particks ameron Cooper looks like he is heading to Rangers, Leicester and West ham also interested.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Sheffield Wednesday have inquired about taking Elliot Anderson on loan.

I'd much rather NUFC send him out on loan to a Championship club.

I saw Millwall are the favourites to sign him. I'd be quite happy if he went there.

31 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I saw Millwall are the favourites to sign him. I'd be quite happy if he went there.

Much better than Wednesday in League One anyway.

Also, need to get players such as Slicker and Fiorini loaned to Championship teams.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Millwall have bid for Lewis Ferguson.

Pretty grim for Aberdeen if they lose Ramsay & Ferguson in the same window.

Finish near the bottom of the league and lose your two best players.

Fair drop off from the McInnes days when they were nailed on 3rd and regularly got to cup finals. 

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Fair drop off from the McInnes days when they were nailed on 3rd and regularly got to cup finals. 

They do stand to make a lot of money though £1,000,000 from McKenna's promotion to the Premier League, £4,500,000 from Ramsay's transfer (not counting add ons) and another seven figure sum for Ferguson.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Depends who they replace them with but if I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be worried. Very much doubt Ferguson will be away for £1.5 million though, he'll go for more than that as I'm sure other clubs will be interested.

19 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Millwall have bid for Lewis Ferguson.

Pretty disappointing for Ferguson too, you'd imagine.

He was linked with bigger clubs last year. I've not really followed him this season, but considering how shite Aberdeen were, guessing he wasn't too great either?

21 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

He was linked with bigger clubs last year. I've not really followed him this season, but considering how shite Aberdeen were, guessing he wasn't too great either?

I think they’re just testing water. I think Ferguson will be sold this summer and then go for quite a big fee a couple of years later. 

Ramsay has now signed for Liverpool. £6.5M with £4M up front. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think they’re just testing water. I think Ferguson will be sold this summer and then go for quite a big fee a couple of years later. 

Ramsay has now signed for Liverpool. £6.5M with £4M up front. 

Thought the fee was 4.5 m? Can't see him replacing cult hero Trent, unless L'pool have a change in formation; there is also Nico Williams Welsh international who can cover RB.

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

He got 16 goals for a crap Aberdeen team last season - a decent return for a striker never mind a midfielder, especially one playing in a poor team - so he clearly has something. 

I'm still not a huge fan of his but he could do better than Millwall.

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Thought the fee was 4.5 m? Can't see him replacing cult hero Trent, unless L'pool have a change in formation; there is also Nico Williams Welsh international who can cover RB.

No chance he'll replace Alexander-Arnold, not in the short term. If he gets any significant game time for their first team next season I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck to the boy, but he's made a gamble.

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

They are apparently selling Williams.

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

He got 16 goals for a crap Aberdeen team last season - a decent return for a striker never mind a midfielder, especially one playing in a poor team - so he clearly has something. 

I'm still not a huge fan of his but he could do better than Millwall.

No chance he'll replace Alexander-Arnold, not in the short term. If he gets any significant game time for their first team next season I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck to the boy, but he's made a gamble.

Alot of those were pens tbf. Hes a decent player, i think a season or two in the championship then move up like mcginn did if hes good enough.

Ramsay wont get near the first team imo. hes best getting a good loan move to a championship club and continue his development. Hes a good young prospect but making it at liverpool is a huge ask. Not sure its the best move for him but the wages on offer would of been too much for him to turn down. Epl clubs are just hoovering up potential these days. 

20 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

They do stand to make a lot of money though £1,000,000 from McKenna's promotion to the Premier League, £4,500,000 from Ramsay's transfer (not counting add ons) and another seven figure sum for Ferguson.

It’s lots of money for sure but what will they invest back in their squad? There’s a lot of debt and a stadium to pay for.

Be interesting to see the move Ferguson gets, he probably needs a championship move before he gets the chance to go to someone like Rangers 

34 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Alot of those were pens tbf. Hes a decent player, i think a season or two in the championship then move up like mcginn did if hes good enough.

Ramsay wont get near the first team imo. hes best getting a good loan move to a championship club and continue his development. Hes a good young prospect but making it at liverpool is a huge ask. Not sure its the best move for him but the wages on offer would of been too much for him to turn down. Epl clubs are just hoovering up potential these days. 

By all accounts it looks like he won’t be loaned out and will be part of the first team squad for pre season and pushing Trent for the right back slot for the season coming. 

49 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

By all accounts it looks like he won’t be loaned out and will be part of the first team squad for pre season and pushing Trent for the right back slot for the season coming. 

It won’t do him any harm training at that level for a season and getting the odd cup game. I believe he’s 18 so the management will know after a few training sessions what level he can get to, although they’ve clearly seen plenty already since he’s second choice RB. The 22 shirt is a good sign. 

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

It won’t do him any harm training at that level for a season and getting the odd cup game. I believe he’s 18 so the management will know after a few training sessions what level he can get to, although they’ve clearly seen plenty already since he’s second choice RB. The 22 shirt is a good sign. 

Can’t actually think the of the last time a top 6 EPL club signed a non old firm player and put them straight in the first team squad. Not sure if it’s ever happened before. 

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Where you reading that? I suppose he might get the odd cup appearance but is he really going to be challenging trent for the rb spot? I cant see it. 

1 minute ago, bigfingers said:

Can’t actually think the of the last time a top 6 EPL club signed a non old firm player and put them straight in the first team squad. Not sure if it’s ever happened before. 

Epl clubs in general rarely ever buy a non old firm player for the first team. Just too much of a jump in levels most of the time.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Where you reading that? I suppose he might get the odd cup appearance but is he really going to be challenging trent for the rb spot? I cant see it. 

They said it on sky sports news and it’s in the main bbc article that he won’t be loaned out and he is there to start pre season with the first team squad. 

I doubt anyone at Liverpool thinks he’ll be ‘challenging’ Trent, Trent is a generational talent and possibly the best RB in the world. The demands of squad management for a side like Liverpool are huge now though; between the league, cups, internationals etc. Trent will play 45-50 games a season. That’s very tough and I’d imagine they would want to reduce that somewhat. I think Ramsay will play a role like Tmiskas, allowing Trent to rest like Robertson, and he will chalk up 10-15 games a season.

At that level he’ll be playing enough to challenge for international starts.