Scottish player transfers - Page 149 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, syecosse said:

Archie Mair has joined Lincoln on loan from Norwich nice

Nice info, hopefully he goes straight in the first team & we can follow his progress. I reckon either Mair or the lad from Man City(Slicker) are our best long term hopes for a top class number 1. Though I'll finish by saying this is based on only gut instinct & I'm a total head in the clouds dreamer on a good day 😂

6 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Nice info, hopefully he goes straight in the first team & we can follow his progress. I reckon either Mair or the lad from Man City(Slicker) are our best long term hopes for a top class number 1. Though I'll finish by saying this is based on only gut instinct & I'm a total head in the clouds dreamer on a good day 😂

Yeah I agree, but Norwich also have Mccracken who has been kept to be Norwich 3rd choice involved with the first team and maybe Mccrorie may get a few more chances for Rangers who knows. 

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Yeah I agree, but Norwich also have Mccracken who has been kept to be Norwich 3rd choice involved with the first team and maybe Mccrorie may get a few more chances for Rangers who knows. 

I'm pretty hopeful about McCrorie long term. That's based mainly on what other people have said about him, and the very few glimpses I've seen of him. Sadly, I do think he'll need to leave Rangers if he wants to progress his career. McLaughlin is the one that will be picking up the scraps left by McGregor.

Rangers goalkeepers: the past, the present and the future of Scotland 😂

6 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm pretty hopeful about McCrorie long term. That's based mainly on what other people have said about him, and the very few glimpses I've seen of him. Sadly, I do think he'll need to leave Rangers if he wants to progress his career. McLaughlin is the one that will be picking up the scraps left by McGregor.

Rangers goalkeepers: the past, the present and the future of Scotland 😂

He was good in the OF game and I'm very surprised we never tried to loan him out to an SPL side or English League 1 side (same with Kelly).

The problem for McCrorie is not only is McGregor ahead of him but he has a good and experienced goalkeeper in Jon McLaughlin ahead of him. He sadly isn't getting ahead of that. I'm hoping McCrorie does a McGregor and gets the right loan spell and suddenly explodes at 24/25.

I'm thinking McCrorie will be number 2 to McLaughlin next season. I suspect this will be McGregor's final season. McGregor looks to be slightly on the downturn this season and McLaughlin has been playing more games this season, despite McGregor being fit.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fringo said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/man-utd-transfer-news-nathan-patterson-max-aarons-january-options

Manchester United are looking at signing a right-back in January, with 19-year-old Rangers and Scotland defender Nathan Patterson and Norwich City's English full-back Max Aarons, 21, on their radar. (90 Min)

If it's Man Utd they might actually give an offer that tempts Rangers to sell. Rangers already rejected £5 & £8 million from Everton.

Rangers know the kind of value Patterson could eventually have so are holding out for a big offer. He's probably worth that £5-8 million just now but for me he seems like he could be in a similar league to Tierney when he is 21-23. So I doubt Rangers sell unless it is for a decent amount upfront or a lot of add ons.

10 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If it's Man Utd they might actually give an offer that tempts Rangers to sell. Rangers already rejected £5 & £8 million from Everton.

Rangers know the kind of value Patterson could eventually have so are holding out for a big offer. He's probably worth that £5-8 million just now but for me he seems like he could be in a similar league to Tierney when he is 21-23. So I doubt Rangers sell unless it is for a decent amount upfront or a lot of add ons.

The boy better start playing regularly for someone if he's going to be as good as Tierney was at that age in the next 2-4 years. Tierney was a regular in the Celtic team and had probably played nearly 50 games by the time he was Patterson's age.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, fringo said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/man-utd-transfer-news-nathan-patterson-max-aarons-january-options

Manchester United are looking at signing a right-back in January, with 19-year-old Rangers and Scotland defender Nathan Patterson and Norwich City's English full-back Max Aarons, 21, on their radar. (90 Min)

I hope that's not the case. Wan-Bissaka is still young and I imagine Patterson's game time would be limited. I 'd love him to see him at Ibrox for years to come but other than at least get a decent fee for him. Maybe we could swap him for Gilmour.

19 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Man city are apparently trying to tie up 15 year old Rangers striker Rory Wilson before he turns 16, has been called up to Scotland u17s and has a very impressive scoring rate at age group and is now playing in older age groups. 

Like Billy Gilmour he probably has a higher chance of making it and also oddly getting a game by moving to a bigger club as Rangers presently have virtually no interest in playing promising young players.