Scottish player transfers - Page 148 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

A bit dissapointed with that, thaough Christie would have held out for  a better move, with him being a free agent in Jan.

In other news  Jack Hendry will be playing Champion league football he's signed for Club Brugge.

Only up against some guys called Messi Naymar and Mbappe. im sure he be fine 🤪

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

I live in Manchester so maybe I’m biased but I’d rather live here and play in the premier league ha

Same!

Burnley's a cowp but its football team is now an established Premier League side, and there are probably nice areas to live nearby.

Edited by scotlad

2 minutes ago, bookerman said:

A bit dissapointed with that, thaough Christie would have held out for  a better move, with him being a free agent in Jan.

In other news  Jack Hendry will be playing Champion league football he's signed for Club Brugge.

Only up against some guys called Messi Naymar and Mbappe. im sure he be fine 🤪

So that's maybe 3 Scots who'll be playing Champions League football this season!

Could be a great move for him, if he gets a game.

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Terrible move for Christie.

Nowhere near as good as he or his father thinks he is.

He'll be back at Inverness in 2-3 years.

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion but I don't think that will happen. Christie will do well in the championship and his new club will challenge for promotion. 

58 minutes ago, shug macdiarmid said:

Chelsea signing Niguez another top international central midfielder shows how far from Tuchel's thoughts Gilmour was and is. Heres hoping he does well enough at probably relegated Norwich to earn a move to a Premier League team by the end of the season...

Disappointing since Lampard rated him so highly but understandable with Chelsea's form. Always a tough gig when you have Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and now Niguez in the same position.

Can see Gilmour moving to Southampton in future - good coach and would be about right in terms of where his ability stands just now.

1 hour ago, shug macdiarmid said:

Maybe Christie is looking towards his retirement, Bournemouth very popular for that...

Its also popular with students, If I was given the choice of living in or around Bournemouth or Burnley........................... Bournemouth every day of the week

1 hour ago, shug macdiarmid said:

Chelsea signing Niguez another top international central midfielder shows how far from Tuchel's thoughts Gilmour was and is. Heres hoping he does well enough at probably relegated Norwich to earn a move to a Premier League team by the end of the season...

a few of us said it last season. Gilmour was only rated by Lampard initially because Chelsea were banned from signing anyone. As soon as they could sign anyone, they were always going to spend to get success

3 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Disappointing since Lampard rated him so highly but understandable with Chelsea's form. Always a tough gig when you have Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and now Niguez in the same position.

Can see Gilmour moving to Southampton in future - good coach and would be about right in terms of where his ability stands just now.

59 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

a few of us said it last season. Gilmour was only rated by Lampard initially because Chelsea were banned from signing anyone. As soon as they could sign anyone, they were always going to spend to get success

He was still playing more often under Lampard even after Chelsea spent £200 million in the 2020 summer window. Definitely rated him more than Tuchel does.

1 minute ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

He was still playing more often under Lampard even after Chelsea spent £200 million in the 2020 summer window. Definitely rated him more than Tuchel does.

Was he? the stats don;t really back that up. in season 19/20 he started 5 and was on the banch for 5 matches. When chelsea had cash to spend and during Lampards final 6 months he was on the bench but didnt start at all in the league, he has started in the league with Tuchel but again the chances were very limited

26 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Some pundit was talking about Jason Kerr being close to a call-up the other week.  Doubt if his move to Wigan will help with that.  Surely he could've done better than Wigan FFS?

I remember him being talked up on here as a potential call-up.  The fact he's moved to Wigan, though, is maybe a truer reflection of his ability.